Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

58 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

THIS. I'm stoked about the event. I don't care about the commercial or website honestly. 

Now the extra $160 I have to pay for our tickets is getting silly.I told my wife I'm about tapped out as for as ticket prices go. Between tix, plane, hotel, etc. I'm paying enough where I could easily go to an all inclusive on a Mexican beach somewhere! Im pretty lucky though to be able to do what we do every year. But there is a limit...

You should seriously consider renting a condo.  I've been lucky enough that my family owns a condo in Kissimmee (approx 20 min drive to park), so we fly down three times during October.  If you can save a ton on the "stay" part of it, it wouldn't be so bad.  Anyway, I know the units where we are rent for about $56-$75 per night... you can negotiate to get them cheaper.  As far as I know, they are all three bedrooms, two bathrooms, full kitchen.  There is a clubhouse with a pool and a grilling area.  We make most of our meals at the condo during the day and right before we leave for HHN.  I'm telling you, it's the way to go.  If you want more info, message me.

• Like 2

We always have pictures of facades by now and we have nothing...I wonder if ALL facades will be inside the houses this year.  That would actually be pretty cool.  Loved the Elm Street house midway through Freddy vs Jason.  

For the Halloween House I think having the hospital inside vs outside is a no brainer.  Inside it can feel huge since it can take up "all the space", where as outside something as large as a hospital would have to be scaled down 95% and look ridiculous or only show a couple windows worth of the hospital at scale looking like it's tiny and chopped off.  Inside, with the main hospital entryway and windows running off to both sides will make it feel like the whole building is actually there as you're not seeing it abruptly end as you would outside.  Some cool matte paintings on either side of the structure could give the illusion of it stretching on forever.  

• Like 1

I think for a facade on the outside the tents are still a given, especially Texas Chansaw. Tomb could go either way. I don't know if Chance will have enough space for an indoor facade. Krampus will probably be right in side of the building. Ghost Town and Exorcist will be inside. AHS will hopefully have 3 facades, the murder house, the freak show entrance, and something from Hotel(haven't seen it yet) And I don't care either way about TWD does.

10 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

To be fair, the Catacombs outdoor facade was crap, but it was a pretty good house (or so I'm told). So I could care less if the facade is just Michael Myers holding up a sign that says, "Hey this is all we could afford for an outdoor facade," as long as it looks good inside and it's pretty scary, then it's cool beans for me. 

Besides, I bet that most of the outdoor facades aren't even fully constructed yet. Hell, even today they're doing construction for Jimmy Fallon at where the line for Ghost Town is supposed to be! As for the front gate decorations, Rock the Universe is currrently taking its place. We all know that once RTU finishes, Universal goes into overdrive with these kind of things from facades to scarezones, so don't worry. By the time Employee Preview happens we'll (hopefully) have all the facades and decorations up.

Edited by RockinSight
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Why?

1) Failed website

2) Failed social media presence in my opinion

3) Lack of a notable media event in advance

4) Awful billboard

5) Generic commercials

6) No exterior park decorations

7) Exterior of the parade building is embarrassingly bad

8) Re-use of TWD again

9) Chance as a b-level icon shoe in that's not used well

10) Bringing in an external group for a show

11) Arguably the most incoherent theme I've ever seen

12) Gimmicky upcharge

13) added thanks to ThNdIzNiR - ridiculous price increases

And I'm not wrong on any of these. Will the event be enjoyable? Sure. Did they drop the ball again, yes.

I'm gonna have to agree... 

• They could have really knocked this theme out of the park BIG TIME but its waaaay too IP driven & have once again pushed a really good icon off to the side.
  • The SZs are not the best (especially Acid Assault 2) 
  • The commercial... (Leather Face though... what even?!)
  • And once again pushing TWD (this better be its last year)
  • The website... they could have done so much with the theater theme...

Sure hope they make up for it with a kick butt event. It makes me really mad that marketing is ruining HHN. A&D has made such a great legacy of the event and ever since 2012 when marketing charged through the doors, it's just gone down hill.

Coming from a marketing student, bad move. Just stick to promoting the event, not making the event.

On the bright side, glad that AHS is finally here!

• Like 1

I know there's another forum for merchandise, but I'm just gonna post it here too. 

Here's some of this year's merchandise for HHN 26. This was found off of Universal Orlando's website under merchandise. These are obviously not all the merch, and the rest won't be revealed till we're closer to the event.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Merchandise/ProductList.aspx?q=Halloween+horror+nights

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

We always have pictures of facades by now and we have nothing...I wonder if ALL facades will be inside the houses this year.  That would actually be pretty cool.  Loved the Elm Street house midway through Freddy vs Jason.  

I personally am not terribly fond of indoor facades, unless they actually HAVE to do so due to height/ space requirements or something. The reason being that I like snapping a photo of House facades before I go in, and when it's indoors, they usually have security workers there who seem to have the specific job description of yelling at anyone who may have their phone out for that purpose. I mean, I can understand that if it's in the middle of the House and they don't want to spoil the surprises for prospective visitors, but a quick shot of the main entrance facade doesn't seem like it would hurt anyone.

Edited by Nightcrawler
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DM1996 said:

I know there's another forum for merchandise, but I'm just gonna post it here too. 

Here's some of this year's merchandise for HHN 26. This was found off of Universal Orlando's website under merchandise. These are obviously not all the merch, and the rest won't be revealed till we're closer to the event.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Merchandise/ProductList.aspx?q=Halloween+horror+nights

Not a huge fan of this design. It's mostly cool but the logo as her gaping mouth seems jarring. Unless they were going for that. Got that whole strain/blade 2 thing going.

L-Halloween-Horror-Nights-26-Drawstring-

• Like 2

23 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Why?

1) Failed website

2) Failed social media presence in my opinion

3) Lack of a notable media event in advance

4) Awful billboard

5) Generic commercials

6) No exterior park decorations

7) Exterior of the parade building is embarrassingly bad

8) Re-use of TWD again

9) Chance as a b-level icon shoe in that's not used well

10) Bringing in an external group for a show

11) Arguably the most incoherent theme I've ever seen

12) Gimmicky upcharge

13) added thanks to ThNdIzNiR - ridiculous price increases

And I'm not wrong on any of these. Will the event be enjoyable? Sure. Did they drop the ball again, yes.

"Not wrong on any of these"

Opinion isn't facts. It's opinion. Let me counter, shall I? 

1. The website didn't fail. it does exactly what they want it to. Fancy flash websites are kind of a thing of the past for events all over the country, not just HHN. 

2. the event runs for 30 something nights, social media is going to be back in a large way once it kicks off. the official twitter and facebook were amazing last year in terms of guest interactions. 

3. The event is starting much earlier this year, and time is short. there will be something to appease the media soon. 

4. There are several billboards, some good some bad and holy moly, if a billboard is something you care about in terms of the entire event, wow. 

5. I'll give this to you on the basis of it is generic, but it works just the same, and Universal did make the effort to distinguish the two coasts despite using the same base for the ad. 

6. Not yet. That won't happen until after Rock the Universe. Like most years. Holy moly, this is an inane complaint. 

7. Based on a few construction photos from weeks ago. Things change. 

8. Well, duh. but hopefully it's the last time. 

9. Chance is doin' just fine as an Icon. Once the event starts, we'll be seeing a lot of her (I know you don't like her, but that's the only reason why you say she's not a good icon. again. Opinion. isn't. fact.) 

10. I actually agree with this one fully. I am not pleased about House of Villains. 

11. Theme is a hard thing to do with all the IPs they have to bring in. There is no way to tie these properties together with any sense of coherence, and the only way to fix that is to do away with IPs which is never ever going to happen 

12. You don't have to do the upcharge thing. It's not a "Haunt" it's a VR experience and not doing it won't take away from the event. 

13. Prices increase ever year, nothing new here. 

Having said all that, I like that you are around. It's nice to have differing opinions on things, even if the whole "guys isn't the worst this has ever been?" thing can get a bit dreary. 

Edited by DarthSpielberg