Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

I am gonna jump in and defend the commercial for a second. Clearly it's annoying that Chance isn't in it, but I do like the style and visuals in the trailer. I'm a graduate of film school so interesting shots always get me intrigued, and I love the pan back revealing more and more characters (I wish they had gone with Michael Myers instead of TWD, but whatever) and I imagine when I see it in HD not recorded off some dudes TV, it'll look spectacular. 

I also get the need to minimize budget costs when it comes to marketing, and since we are sharing so many IPs this year with Hollywood, that just makes good financial sense. Disney does the same thing. All the billboards in Orlando refer to their event as Mickey's Halloween Party, omitting "Not So Scary" because it's easier to use the same logo in marketing for both coasts. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

On the website at first. Before they shared it on social media.

Yah, I went on the HHN Orlando Twitter page and saw the commercial.

im really glad that they updated the website where the rides, shows, houses, and scare zones are in their own pull down menu.

4 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

On the website at first. Before they shared it on social media.

The website was updated this morning, with ride info as well.

WHOAH!!!!!!!!!! Wait a minute......you're telling me the person or people in charge of the Orlando's social media accounts actually updated something.....;)

Tongue firmly planted in cheek, obviously.  This is great news. It's nice to see some updates happening.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DM1996 said:

Where did you find this one?

Not really that much different but there she is. I don't see how 1 second of footage changes ones opinion. I think it works on a basic level. Playing on the theater of the mind idea.

... and hooray the site is now functional. Nothing left to complain about till opening night then ;)

I kid I kid. I'm pretty jazzed even though it will be crowded. Planing my attack now. :ninja:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HaunterG said:

Hey everyone, I'm new here...Off topic of the commercial release, but when is the media event scheduled for? I haven't heard or seen anything regarding it. 

All I know of is the media event opening night

15 minutes ago, HaunterG said:

Alright I wasn't sure because I know last year they had one where they talked about each house and scarezone and It fell around September 7/8, and then I know they had one on opening night as well with jack and not as much information about the event.

Yeah things are... different this year.

• Like 1

Why?

1) Failed website

2) Failed social media presence in my opinion

3) Lack of a notable media event in advance

4) Awful billboard

5) Generic commercials

6) No exterior park decorations

7) Exterior of the parade building is embarrassingly bad

8) Re-use of TWD again

9) Chance as a b-level icon shoe in that's not used well

10) Bringing in an external group for a show

11) Arguably the most incoherent theme I've ever seen

12) Gimmicky upcharge

13) added thanks to ThNdIzNiR - ridiculous price increases

And I'm not wrong on any of these. Will the event be enjoyable? Sure. Did they drop the ball again, yes.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Why?

1) Failed website

2) Failed social media presence in my opinion

3) Lack of a notable media event in advance

4) Awful billboard

5) Generic commercials

6) No exterior park decorations

7) Exterior of the parade building is embarrassingly bad

8) Re-use of TWD again

9) Chance as a b-level icon shoe in that's not used well

10) Bringing in an external group for a show

And I'm not wrong on any of these.

You forgot a fairly ridiculous price increase...

I'm still excited to see the actual finished product though. 

• Like 2

Just now, ThNdIzNiR said:

You forgot a fairly ridiculous price increase...

I'm still excited to see the actual finished product though. 

THIS. I'm stoked about the event. I don't care about the commercial or website honestly. 

Now the extra $160 I have to pay for our tickets is getting silly.I told my wife I'm about tapped out as for as ticket prices go. Between tix, plane, hotel, etc. I'm paying enough where I could easily go to an all inclusive on a Mexican beach somewhere! Im pretty lucky though to be able to do what we do every year. But there is a limit...

• Like 1