Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

On 9/5/2016 at 9:21 AM, Oysterhead00 said:

If Diagon Alley is closed as rumored, then maybe it would be re-opened this year.  There has to be a way over.  Guess we'll find out in 2 weeks.

A little disappointed Erin wasn't able to play Chance for a commercial this year! I don't understand why marketing doesn't like to push Icons. It clearly worked last year. You would think the response they had to the event last year would clue them in on what everybody wants. Having a central figure to tie the event together really helps. I'm glad we have Chance this year but not giving her a commercial or a stage show just seems like a total waste. They have said multiple times they want to build off the success of last year and then they turn around the do the total opposite. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Badge said:

A little disappointed Erin wasn't able to play Chance for a commercial this year! I don't understand why marketing doesn't like to push Icons. It clearly worked last year. You would think the response they had to the event last year would clue them in on what everybody wants. Having a central figure to tie the event together really helps. I'm glad we have Chance this year but not giving her a commercial or a stage show just seems like a total waste. They have said multiple times they want to build off the success of last year and then they turn around the do the total opposite. 

i think reason is this year not speical like anniviery or anything i mean there no theme or anthing it more ip focus which i dont do get why there icon this year i mean yeah i glad chance get some spotlight but  why even have one if you not going to use one

3 hours ago, Ecto_Freak said:

That's my tweet :D

Keep in mind we have 3 commercials.. Coke, Hotel and Park. This is the Coke one but saying that I dont see them putting Chance in the commercial at all.. and it sucks!

i know someting was up when you too a peak at the bilborad on your instergram

23 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

That commercial looked like something produced in the 80's. Is that really how they advertise on local television? It seems so low budget. I've seen better commercials from small local haunts. I wonder how many people got paid to come up with that masterpiece? 

Someone probably just recorded the screen.

• Like 1

I think that we can all agree that the commercial for this year is dumb and lacking, and that both Orlando and Hollywood are sharing the commercial. It sucks that Chance wasn't in the commercial but her logo was.

But earlier today I heard the radio advertisement, they highlighted TWD, The Exorcist, AHS, and TCSM, and at the end it mentioned "do you take a chance with the mistress of horror? You won't stand a chance," and their was a girlish giggle in the background. 

So my question is why would the radio mention chance, but not the commercial. Hopefully this isn't the full commercial.

Does it really matter honestly? At the end of the day everyone is going right? That's all Comcast sees is the end result.

It hasn't changed one thing to get upset over it in the past and it has only steadily declined.

I was miffed that the website isn't informative or really even functioning.... let alone interesting. It still isn't and it shows that the majority of people don't care. So why should I?

• Like 6

Calm down, this is a Coke commercial / tie in for the event....  It would be like freaking out over the Jeep Renegade / Batman v Superman commercial NOT containing either Batman or Superman.  Why didn't it include them?  Because they're trying to sell the car.  Showing people flying and driving a Batmobile doesn't help their product at all.

What will help Coke the most?  The two most popular horror-related series currently on TV (or possibly in history) and two of the most popular horror movies in history....or some Harley Quinn knockoff?  The ad content has to appeal to both parties involved in a synergistic alliance like this. 

Having the Icon in the commercial really limits it to the greater Orlando area.  Granted, MANY of us here on the forum are from across the globe...but having Chance in there means nothing to 99.9% of the population.  I think I've seen exactly ONE HHN commercial here in NY and that was on Travel Channel like 5 years ago.  Hell, most people would think, "Coke has a Tie In with Suicide Squad" and that hurts Universal by people thinking it's a commercial for Warner Bros....a competitor studio.

I'm sure the Universal event commercial will have her in there.  The radio commercial, I'm sure was heard in the greater Orlando Area and they know there's name/brand recognition there.

• Like 6

Valid points. I am calm (If you meant me) and I really care very little except to shake my head and say "Tsk Tsk". Who am I that they would care at all what I think?

The event does start next week though... and this is the first we have heard from the commercial? Not even an official source but a TV screen of the Coke version on Twitter. Don't get me wrong, props to Charles for being quick on the draw, but shouldn't the commercial have been released with the full announcement? I don't pretend to know how mass marketing works (I mean it is a struggle just to get my little show noticed by anyone) but I always thought the earlier the better. I also thought it was better to release it yourselves and not have it leaked by someone else but it seems to work for them most years. *shrugs*

Either way I'm truly excited by the lineup in a way I have not been in a very long time. Cough*Krampus*Cough. So I don't care about the advertising and I don't really care what is best for Comcast either. As long as I have fun it's all good.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, JDW said:

Valid points. I am calm (If you meant me) and I really care very little except to shake my head and say "Tsk Tsk". Who am I that they would care at all what I think?

The event does start next week though... and this is the first we have heard from the commercial? Not even an official source but a TV screen of the Coke version on Twitter. Don't get me wrong, props to Charles for being quick on the draw, but shouldn't the commercial have been released with the full announcement? I don't pretend to know how mass marketing works (I mean it is a struggle just to get my little show noticed by anyone) but I always thought the earlier the better. I also thought it was better to release it yourselves and not have it leaked by someone else but it seems to work for them most years. *shrugs*

Either way I'm truly excited by the lineup in a way I have not been in a very long time. Cough*Krampus*Cough. So I don't care about the advertising and I don't really care what is best for Comcast either. As long as I have fun it's all good.

No, not you...or anybody specific.  Just the general "OMG the commercial isn't exactly what I wanted, the marketing people are idiots!" posts.  I'm in marketing, so feel the need to defend my brethren when people start insulting their intelligence because the commercial isn't the idea they had in their head :).

• Like 2

Im also assuming the commercial hasnt been seen very much because most people dont start thinking about Halloween events in mid September like we do. Its probably being shown very little now until October, but who knows. Either way, this year looks amazing so who cares about the commercial. 

30 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Any word yet on what rides will be open this year? I have a friend who's interested in going, and hopes the Rockit will be open for it.

It really depends on queue restructuring that is going on this year. Having two houses share the Music Plaza area is going to be a tight fit and with Fallon construction blocking off most of the right hand side's gate that was used as an entrance point for one house and an exit for two, it all's all up in the air as to how they are going to make it all fit. Same thing goes for MIB. It's still unknown if parts of the outdoor queue will be used for the new house location. Still, I doubt they would come up with a solution that involved closing Rockit since it is a big hit every night. MIB on the other hand might be a victim of the new house location. 

We should have Mummy, Transformers and Gringotts for sure. I can't remember if Simpsons is normally open or not during HHN since I rarely ride it. Rockit I would say has a 95% chance of being open. MIB is really a toss up until we know how the new house is going to queue.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Badge said:

It really depends on queue restructuring that is going on this year. Having two houses share the Music Plaza area is going to be a tight fit and with Fallon construction blocking off most of the right hand side's gate that was used as an entrance point for one house and an exit for two, it all's all up in the air as to how they are going to make it all fit. Same thing goes for MIB. It's still unknown if parts of the outdoor queue will be used for the new house location. Still, I doubt they would come up with a solution that involved closing Rockit since it is a big hit every night. MIB on the other hand might be a victim of the new house location. 

We should have Mummy, Transformers and Gringotts for sure. I can't remember if Simpsons is normally open or not during HHN since I rarely ride it. Rockit I would say has a 95% chance of being open. MIB is really a toss up until we know how the new house is going to queue.  

Simpsons is always open so count on that. I can't imagine them closing MIB. They need it to keep the lines down. I doubt they would close any of the E-Tickets.

• Like 1

Didn't somebody say we were supposed to be able to RSVP for the annual passholder previews on September 6th? I can't find anything about it.

We rewatched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre a couple of days ago, I hope the grandpa make a few appearances, he was by far the creepiest thing in the movie.

We're halfway through season 4 of American Horror Story. Lots of good material for the maze.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Primusjim said:

Didn't somebody say we were supposed to be able to RSVP for the annual passholder previews on September 6th? I can't find anything about it.

We rewatched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre a couple of days ago, I hope the grandpa make a few appearances, he was by far the creepiest thing in the movie.

We're halfway through season 4 of American Horror Story. Lots of good material for the maze.

https://www.universalorlando.com/rsvp/hhn/uoap-rsvp-sign-up.aspx

• Like 1

i really dont know how budget works but hopefully the generic commercial, the poorly done website and the generic billboards means they put more emphasis, work and budget to the event itself. 
(I guess we can expect a low key generic entrance with not much done besides pics of the IPs and maybe this year's logo on top? )