Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

10 hours ago, Alice said:

This is true, but my point is less 'there should be a way to get to B&T without going through zones' and more 'there should be better communication about where people with disabilities and varying needs can take a break from the scares'. Just like how those of us who use the AAP need a break from the crowds and such. I LOVE HHN, I love being scared, but I have a smaller 'capacity' of how much I can handle. I meet the park halfway by mapping out my own path through the park, where I can take a break, etc. Just wish there was the same kind of guide to HHN as there is for the park itself for those of us with these needs.

IIRC Universal is slowly starting to bring in more people to their Diversity and Inclusion department, specifically for disability access type stuff, so my fingers are crossed that they will improve in that area. I always have a laugh when people tell me 'you should avoid HHN if you're like this, you chose to go'. I like HHN *because* I'm autistic, as it has become a special interest of mine. 

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled discussion.

im sure if a person paid enough uni would do whatever they needed lol. maybe if they get 1000 bucks they will make sure to get you to bill and ted from backstage lol 
But in all seriousness the only thing i dont like is that HHN is already as tame as it is, it is very tame (Compared to other events) and i am afraid the diversity department will try to make it less scary.

Or if they cut down the zones. how can you skip the zone in San Francisco Or the zone in Central Park? there is literally no way to get to Bill and ted without going through a zone... 
Unless they put together a RIP tour where those people would not get any attention from the actors but then again what would be the point????

Whats your solution to seeing Bill and Ted but not being scared as much? 

13 hours ago, clash said:

im sure if a person paid enough uni would do whatever they needed lol. maybe if they get 1000 bucks they will make sure to get you to bill and ted from backstage lol 
But in all seriousness the only thing i dont like is that HHN is already as tame as it is, it is very tame (Compared to other events) and i am afraid the diversity department will try to make it less scary.

Or if they cut down the zones. how can you skip the zone in San Francisco Or the zone in Central Park? there is literally no way to get to Bill and ted without going through a zone... 
Unless they put together a RIP tour where those people would not get any attention from the actors but then again what would be the point????

Whats your solution to seeing Bill and Ted but not being scared as much? 

LOL, maybe get a group with a bunch of big guys who can surround you at all sides when you're going through the Zones?

3 hours ago, Brandon_Voorhees said:

Is that a typo? Shouldn't there be an 's' after the apostrophe for Banshee's Lair? 

yep

Unrelated, I decided not to do the express. No matter how nice it is I just can't justify the exorbitant price. Went with the ROF and will probably attempt two nights. So that may cut down on my stress levels a bit. Well, that and my recent zen approach of indifference to the event. Bottom line is attempt to have fun and not have it suck. Unlike my experience at MNSS last night which I (overall) found to be not worth the money or effort for a AP holder (even with kids).

Related to the above,

Here is a interesting read on the price hikes for Universal in general. (The three price hikes in the past 16 months)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JDW said:

yep

Unrelated, I decided not to do the express. No matter how nice it is I just can't justify the exorbitant price. Went with the ROF and will probably attempt two nights. So that may cut down on my stress levels a bit. Well, that and my recent zen approach of indifference to the event. Bottom line is attempt to have fun and not have it suck. Unlike my experience at MNSS last night which I (overall) found to be not worth the money or effort for a AP holder (even with kids).

Related to the above,

Here is a interesting read on the price hikes for Universal in general. (The three price hikes in the past 16 months)

I see a lot of people seem to be skipping out on Express this year. I still purchased the ROF + Express since I am out of state and will be staying onsite for 11 nights just so I can attend 2 full weekends of Horror Nights. The extra cost of Express is so tiny compared to all the other expenses and I felt like if I am spending this much money to attend for two weeks, I mine as well spend $200 to make each night enjoyable without any long waits. Still, with a lot of locals not purchasing it, I have to wonder if prices will stay the same next year or if we might even see a small decrease. Going to be interesting to see how busy Express is this year for sure!

On an unrelated note but dealing with the link you posted, I do find it strange that we got another AP price increase so quickly. Even as somebody who visits from out of town, the AP is still and amazing deal compared to Disney. I normally visit for 5-7 days and so the discounts on room and food make the AP well worth the cost even if I just visit once in a year! Also, the price points now are a little strange. You can buy a ticket with limited blackout dates, 50% off on parking and no food discounts OR you can spend just $30 more and get NO blackout dates, FREE parking and food discounts. Who in their right mind would buy the cheaper option to just save $30 when you will easily spend that in parking and full price food? 

Still, with Volcano Bay opening 7-9 months, you think they would have held off a little longer. Of course, the BEST thing they could have done would to have mentioned that all AP's now have access to Volcano Bay once it opens. This would have gotten more people to purchases passes now so they could see the holiday events still knowing that the same pass would give them access to a whole new park in a few months. If I was a local debating on getting an AP, I would hold off because I would want to make sure that whatever pass I purchases gives me access to all three parks once it opens and not be stuck with just 2 parks until it expires. The addition of Volcano Bay is really going to be interesting to see how they handle that for AP holders. Will they just add it to preferred and premier? Will we get a 5th AP option that has everything? Will we be able to upgrade to a pass that includes Volcano Bay at a prorated price for the remaining months we have left? Hopefully we get some answers about that soon. 

Now, back on topic! According to some people on twitter that have seen the shirt, it has ditched the blood letters and is simply a logo!! Best new ever! Also, TheTimTracker has posted a picture of what both sides of the lanyard looks like on his twitter. 

9 hours ago, JDW said:

Anecdotal, but seemingly everyone I know who bought Express last year--not an insignificant number of people--is skipping this year. $275 is a LOT of money, which is what it would cost to add on to FF+. Doesn't help that my optimistic outlook is 4 of the 9 houses will be worth more than a handful of visits.

Curious on your thoughts on MNSSHP (not necessarily in this thread). I reached same conclusion last year when the park was packed, but it didn't seem so bad as of 6:30 last night. I'm still a fan of the parade, fireworks and people-watching, but last year it was overcrowded and seemed to bring out the worst MK demographics I've seen, just rude and nasty people.

1 hour ago, Tich0las said:

Off topic question...

If I have RoF and an admission pass to IOA, what's the procedure to enter HHN via Stay and Scream?

I don't think they had the usual pass through area last year that they've had forever.  If you have JUST IOA I think you might be out of luck.  If you have a park to park ticket, you take the Hogwards Train over and stay in Potterland.  BUT it closes early...I think like 30min before Universal.  So you can't stay at IOA and then take the train over when HHN starts.  We got screwed by that one day last year.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

I don't think they had the usual pass through area last year that they've had forever.  If you have JUST IOA I think you might be out of luck.  If you have a park to park ticket, you take the Hogwards Train over and stay in Potterland.  BUT it closes early...I think like 30min before Universal.  So you can't stay at IOA and then take the train over when HHN starts.  We got screwed by that one day last year.

Yikes...my plan was to ride Kong and Hulk a few times Friday afternoon, and enter HHN through Stay and Scream. If you're saying we have to exit IOA and enter HHN via main gates without Stay and Scream, I might consider shelling out the extra $ to get in via Hogwarts.

According to Orlando United forum, Diagon will NOT be a Stay and Scream location this year! It will close at 5 with the rest of the park and they will flush everybody out of the zone at that time. Instead, Fear Factor will become the new Stay and Scream in that location. General idea is that they will scan your HHN ticket and let you chill on the seats. Once the area outside FF has been cleared of day guests, they will open it up basically fill out that back area of the back stopping just past the bathrooms, the bridge to Simpsons and right by the entrance to Chances house allowing the food/drink tents to be open. 

This really sucks for me because I would hang out in DA every night and eat an early dinner at Leaky in the nice AC before we got let out. Hope its not true.

On 6/9/2016 at 6:33 AM, timbo8 said:

hate to breakit to you we never going ahs and walking dead in the same event plus they could of change  chance  look this year like they did for jack by going her face with pociane doll like

I may not have been accurate on the icon, but we are still getting Twisty as well as AHS and TWD in the same year...  So, I wasn't that far off...  Less than 2 weeks left!  Can't wait.... 

7 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

I don't think they had the usual pass through area last year that they've had forever.  If you have JUST IOA I think you might be out of luck. ....So you can't stay at IOA and then take the train over when HHN starts.  We got screwed by that one day last year.

Then why would they have sold it to me that way? I'm doing IOA during the day then stay and scream. They explained to me on the phone while  i was purchasing the package that it would be through Dr. Seuss like normal.

7 hours ago, RustySomebody said:

Then why would they have sold it to me that way? I'm doing IOA during the day then stay and scream. They explained to me on the phone while  i was purchasing the package that it would be through Dr. Seuss like normal.

Hate to break it to you but I think the person you talked with wasn't well informed. I went in 24 and 25 and the IoA pass thru was not a thing. Would be shocked if it came back this year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RustySomebody said:

If Diagon Alley is closed as rumored, then maybe it would be re-opened this year.  There has to be a way over.  Guess we'll find out in 2 weeks.

16 hours ago, RustySomebody said:

I think the last time they did the IOA pass through was 2012. Thats not saying they arent bringing it back this year. They easily can. The Stay and Scream "Queue" is still there behind the Seuss Gates connecting to Uni.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

What the heck! Chance is supposed to be our icon and she can't even be on the commercial! :(

Another example of how the design team (and marketing) started to mail it in after they put this year's design together.  No immersive website (heck, no website with basic details for that matter) and now no good commercial that would promote a character that we all know they care for and have developed over multiple years for the sake of making sure the general public knows that Reagan, Michael and Leatherface will be at this year's event. (AKA $$$) I'm not stupid though, I get it.  BUT C'MON!

Thank goodness the actual event itself seems really good.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Part of me thinks Marketing didn't want to risk Chance's similarities to Harley Quinn or something. I'm just trying to think of a reason why they would not use a commercial for the established theme or even sneak Chance into the end of that commercial.

i think it more the ip didn't wanted to be over shadowed by icon again last year?

Edited by timbo8
  • Like 1