Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

3 minutes ago, Hhnsophmore said:

I have two words for you that created these people that think everything has to cater to them....... Participation trophies 

I agree with you 100%. At leat we still have B&T. I will never understand why Hollywood stopped that show. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2016 at 10:21 PM, Primusjim said:

It has begun. Saw this in my local Publix:

hhn26display_zpso0snjwci.jpg

Also, yes the wife and I bought the uber mega super frequent fear with express. Mainly because I have fridays and saturdays off this year.

Has anyone ever had any success asking their Publix to take the standee home after the event? I want one so bad.

1 hour ago, Alice said:

Has anyone ever had any success asking their Publix to take the standee home after the event? I want one so bad.

last year some people on facebook showed pics of their standee, so yeah, you have to go ask before the event ends because people went the day after the last HHN day to ask for them and some  stores just put them in the garbage. (I was told by a manager at a publix that they just trash them) 

sometimes Publix workers ask for them so they get them (if they are fans) you could ask around maybe you get more than one. (I know people on fb were trying to buy them  from fans as well)\

Hotels will have stands as well, Last year the Hotel stands had A Full size Jack picture so this year they might have a Chance pic, maybe. 

QLkte1i.png?1

Edited by clash

I'm trying to schedule a trip for a large group of people, and we are lucky enough to have thursdays available for HHN this year. What are those like? From what I remember reading they should be fine but I kinda remember hearing some stories about them being a bit more crowded than fridays on some occasions.

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

Let's hope it stays the whole event. Someone always has to ruin everything for everybody else because they got "offended." I don't know why these people can't just look away and ignore it. It didn't physically hurt them so why even complain. Those are the people that don't need to come to the event. 

Not to derail from the actual topic too far, but I was literally thinking about this yesterday in regards to next year already- specifically if the rumors of them doing AHS season 2,3,and 6 are true. I just finished rewatching season 3 and most of the "voodoo" in that season is very akin to the Voodoo Queen from a few years ago. It makes me wonder if they'd cut it out/tone it down in that section of the house... which would suck, because it's a huge part of season 3 (and also, imo, where some of the creepiest parts happen.) 

2 hours ago, Alice said:

I have several it just depends on the manager and if they care. I've had them promise it and throw it away as well. FYE gave me many while they still existed. poster and what not. I have a 2007 mobile which is pretty nifty

• Like 2

4 hours ago, duh1011 said:

I'm trying to schedule a trip for a large group of people, and we are lucky enough to have thursdays available for HHN this year. What are those like? From what I remember reading they should be fine but I kinda remember hearing some stories about them being a bit more crowded than fridays on some occasions.

EVERY night is a madhouse now.  Been going since 2004 and have been going in late Sept / early Oct since 06 or so after learning our lesson of how nuts it is closer to Halloween.  Used to be really dead on Thursdays with nothing over 30min, but now it's really as busy as Friday.  The only saving grace is that with people having to work and/or go to school on Friday, it seems to really clear out after 11ish.  If you're staying until 2am, you can do some serious houses from Midnight on.  One or two houses will still have significant lines (the ones that had 90+ minute lines early in the night so a lot of people avoided them until later) but others you're usually able to just repeatedly go through as fast as you can weave your way through the queues (usually the sound stage houses since everybody does them as soon as they get in the park). 

Of course, that's over simplifying things.  Like you said, there are years we've gone when Thursday has been insane, Friday shockingly empty, Saturday so bad we've just walked around and done our favorite houses and then put in some quality time at Pat O'Briens, and then Sunday anywhere from dead to insane.  No real rhyme or reason, but from my experience going the same timeframe every year, I'd rate the days from least to most crowded:  Thur, Sun, Fri and then waaaaaaaay at the other side of the spectrum, Sat.

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

EVERY night is a madhouse now.  Been going since 2004 and have been going in late Sept / early Oct since 06 or so after learning our lesson of how nuts it is closer to Halloween.  Used to be really dead on Thursdays with nothing over 30min, but now it's really as busy as Friday.  The only saving grace is that with people having to work and/or go to school on Friday, it seems to really clear out after 11ish.  If you're staying until 2am, you can do some serious houses from Midnight on. 

Thursdays have definitely picked up the past few years, tho not to the level of Sundays yet.

Key to Wednesday/Thursday/Friday is to arrive early--ideally Stay & Scream if you can. Free parking for FL residents doesn't kick in until 8:00, and a surprising number of guests wait for that.  You'll often find Fridays are (relatively) dead until around 8:30 when the streets are slammed suddenly.

Does not good on Sunday (and I'm guessing Saturday), always seems busy from the jump. I assume APs who just spend the afternoon.

Also, important to know local school schedules. Barring hurricane days--seem unlikely as I type this--10/13 and 10/14 look to be the worst for local schoolkids, with 10/16 not a lot better.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

EVERY night is a madhouse now.  Been going since 2004 and have been going in late Sept / early Oct since 06 or so after learning our lesson of how nuts it is closer to Halloween.  Used to be really dead on Thursdays with nothing over 30min, but now it's really as busy as Friday.  The only saving grace is that with people having to work and/or go to school on Friday, it seems to really clear out after 11ish.  If you're staying until 2am, you can do some serious houses from Midnight on.  One or two houses will still have significant lines (the ones that had 90+ minute lines early in the night so a lot of people avoided them until later) but others you're usually able to just repeatedly go through as fast as you can weave your way through the queues (usually the sound stage houses since everybody does them as soon as they get in the park). 

Of course, that's over simplifying things.  Like you said, there are years we've gone when Thursday has been insane, Friday shockingly empty, Saturday so bad we've just walked around and done our favorite houses and then put in some quality time at Pat O'Briens, and then Sunday anywhere from dead to insane.  No real rhyme or reason, but from my experience going the same timeframe every year, I'd rate the days from least to most crowded:  Thur, Sun, Fri and then waaaaaaaay at the other side of the spectrum, Sat.

This is why I've gone from 4 nights to 2. Well that and getting CM tickets to the Disney Halloween party, and Club Villain being brought back. Yaaaaaas Disney Divas yaaaaaaaass

5 hours ago, _Veritas_ said:

Not to derail from the actual topic too far, but I was literally thinking about this yesterday in regards to next year already- specifically if the rumors of them doing AHS season 2,3,and 6 are true. I just finished rewatching season 3 and most of the "voodoo" in that season is very akin to the Voodoo Queen from a few years ago. It makes me wonder if they'd cut it out/tone it down in that section of the house... which would suck, because it's a huge part of season 3 (and also, imo, where some of the creepiest parts happen.) 

Read that wrong. Nevermind.

Edited by HHN Explorer

Speaking of Publix tickets, I know they are intended for FL/GA residents. I have some friends coming into town and they asked if I could buy their tickets for them, since I live here. If they go to the turnstiles with a Publix ticket, are they going to be asked to provide ID and turned away if they aren't FL/GA? I don't want to offer them the ticket price if they wont be able to use them. 

At the turnstiles they won't check for ID if you buy them at publix. You can buy all tickets under your name just to be safe. They won't ever check your ID for tickets. However, if you buy your tickets online and select kiosk pick up or you have to use the publix ticket at the kiosk to pick up your ticket, then you'll have to show your ID.

20 minutes ago, DarthSpielberg said:

Speaking of Publix tickets, I know they are intended for FL/GA residents. I have some friends coming into town and they asked if I could buy their tickets for them, since I live here. If they go to the turnstiles with a Publix ticket, are they going to be asked to provide ID and turned away if they aren't FL/GA? I don't want to offer them the ticket price if they wont be able to use them. 

At the turnstiles they won't check for ID if you buy them at publix. You can buy all tickets under your name just to be safe. They won't ever check your ID for tickets. However, if you buy your tickets online and select kiosk pick up or you have to use the publix ticket at the kiosk to pick up your ticket, then you'll have to show your ID.

13 hours ago, _Veritas_ said:

soon uni will have to add giant trigger warnings and some safe spaces to the event lol. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, _Veritas_ said:

I think they could get away with it being "hardcore" voodoo in the house, because it wouldn't be on display for everyone to see. (like in the streets) Because i really couldn't see them shying away from the crazy voodoo scenes in that house. 

43 minutes ago, clash said:

soon uni will have to add giant trigger warnings and some safe spaces to the event lol. 

Off Topic: Welcome to 2016 where everyone gets offended! I remember learning in Kindergarten to ignore anything that upset you. What happened to that method? Are they telling kids to now say they are offended and cause a massive scene? 

8 hours ago, clash said:

Political debate aside, I wish they would designate some kind of safe space. I almost didn't attend my first HHN because all I wanted to do was go to B&T (I was going on a comp ticket) and I would have had to go through 2 scare zones either route to get to the theater.

Since I was pushed into experiencing the event itself and found a great community of friends who also go so I was able to enjoy it, it's less of an issue, but being autistic with SPD means I need to have the ability to regulate my 'intake' of this stuff. There are ways of hiding out in certain places, but no true safe space other than Diagon. Even Mel's wasn't safe if you sat in a window seat.

I won't be crying out to Guest Services anytime soon (mostly because they already don't have a great handle on disability stuff--waiting in line to get the AAP so I don't have to wait in line, anyone?), but still. Accommodations are no political claptrap or joke ;)

2 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

The whole event is one giant trigger warning. There is a safe space, it's called Islands of Adventure.

I agree. Your going to an event called halloween HORROR nights. If you don't like to get scared, the name alone should be a warning to stay away. The fact that people get all up in arms about the content of the event really bugs me. They don't need to make any sort of accommodations. If you don't want to get scared or don't like the subject matter, don't go. It's that simple!

Do they make any sort of special ride accommodations for people with motion sickness issues on Spiderman, Transformers, FJ, etc? No, because doing that would ruin the fun for everybody else. Does it stink that you might not be able to ride something? Of course it does, but they can't accommodated every persons needs or we would have no theme parks in the world.  I don't see why HHN is any different. 

If you do go and something bothers you, put on your big boy (or girl) pants, suck it up and ignore that area for the rest of the night. Don't go crying to guest services that some actor said some gibberish and you took offence to the "witchcraft" or if some actor yelled at you. 

It still really bugs me that a stupid "news" reporter wrote an article about Bill and Ted in Hollywood back in 2013 that got the show pulled and still has not returned.  It's a PG-13 event and nothing that was said or done in that show I haven't seen before in countless other PG-13 movies and TV shows. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Badge said:

I agree. Your going to an event called halloween HORROR nights. If you don't like to get scared, the name alone should be a warning to stay away. The fact that people get all up in arms about the content of the event really bugs me. They don't need to make any sort of accommodations. If you don't want to get scared or don't like the subject matter, don't go. It's that simple!

Do they make any sort of special ride accommodations for people with motion sickness issues on Spiderman, Transformers, FJ, etc? No, because doing that would ruin the fun for everybody else. Does it stink that you might not be able to ride something? Of course it does, but they can't accommodated every persons needs or we would have no theme parks in the world.  I don't see why HHN is any different. 

If you do go and something bothers you, put on your big boy (or girl) pants, suck it up and ignore that area for the rest of the night. Don't go crying to guest services that some actor said some gibberish and you took offence to the "witchcraft" or if some actor yelled at you. 

It still really bugs me that a stupid "news" reporter wrote an article about Bill and Ted in Hollywood back in 2013 that got the show pulled and still has not returned.  It's a PG-13 event and nothing that was said or done in that show I haven't seen before in countless other PG-13 movies and TV shows. 

I agree.

Anybody else watching / rewatching all the movies and shows related to this year's event? We've been doing this the last couple of weeks so we can hopefully appreciate the details that they put in each of the houses.

Krampus - It wasn't as amazing as I was hoping it would be, but the creature and set design were incredible. So it has the potential to be a great house. I'm hoping for ice-covered suburban living rooms with split-open fire places.

Halloween 2 - I forgot how incredibly cheesy this movie was. It should still be possible for it to make a good house. I hope we get a Michael Myers who has been perfectly shot through each eye hole of his mask blindly swinging a scalpel around near the end.

The Walking Dead - We've already seen all the episodes, and like everyone else, are struggling to work up any interest in yet another house. It'd be nice if they found a way to change this up enough to make it interesting, but I'm not hopeful.

American Horror Story - We've watched the first three seasons so far. (Yes, I know only the first of those will be featured in this year's house. I'm way too anal to watch the seasons out of order) The show is fun, but I'm having a hard time seeing how it will translate to a maze. It seems like a lot of the creepy stuff, at least so far, isn't really visual. Most of the ghosts in the murder house just look like regular people. I hope the stuff from the first season isn't just Rubberman jumping out at you several times.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Watching this tonight.

The Exorcist - Soon.

Bill and Ted - No need to watch the movies for the hundredth time, but we may try to watch more of the stuff that they make fun of this year since there are always a couple of references that we don't get.

7 hours ago, Alice said:

Political debate aside, I wish they would designate some kind of safe space. I almost didn't attend my first HHN because all I wanted to do was go to B&T (I was going on a comp ticket) and I would have had to go through 2 scare zones either route to get to the theater.

Since I was pushed into experiencing the event itself and found a great community of friends who also go so I was able to enjoy it, it's less of an issue, but being autistic with SPD means I need to have the ability to regulate my 'intake' of this stuff. There are ways of hiding out in certain places, but no true safe space other than Diagon. Even Mel's wasn't safe if you sat in a window seat.

I won't be crying out to Guest Services anytime soon (mostly because they already don't have a great handle on disability stuff--waiting in line to get the AAP so I don't have to wait in line, anyone?), but still. Accommodations are no political claptrap or joke ;)

well to be fair bill and Ted is Part of Hallowen Horror nights.. thats just how it is.  thats kinda  like me having a fear of spiders or dragons but wanting to do the potter ride lol, HHN is an event that you paid extra to get into, you are literally choosing to enter it. technically everyone is there for the houses and the streets and the horror stuff. Sure bill and ted is fun, but having a safe passage for people that just want to see Bill and ted and not experience anything scary seems like a very specific thing that not a lot of people would need. 

Perhaps they could sell a special kind of hat or shirt that would allow the actors to know to NOT scare that person, I could see something like that being a better alternative. maybe they could sell a specific blinky hat that would warn actors to not mess with that person. But still bill and ted IS part of the horror event. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

Well I sure hope she is with her being the icon! Good to hear though.

Oh same lol, but I thought it would be good to get confirmation for those wondering. You'd think Jack woulda been there last year, but hey, as far as I know he didn't show.

As for whether or not it will be Erin in the role is another question, probably a topic unto itself.