Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

5 minutes ago, faceleg said:

Yeah, they made such a big deal of them in the trailer for last season, and then they maybe appeared in the series twice?

Exactly, wtf!!  And I concur, last season did start going any and every direction near the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, faceleg said:

I said the same thing about Rubberman. Unless they use a different material to make it easier, that costume is gonna be hell to wear/get into. Someone mentioned using a morph suit, but IDK I just don't see that giving the same effect cause of the different materials, but what do I know I'm not a costumer, lol. 

Seriously though, they are being super secretive about this season.  

I AM a costumer (not for the parks) and I have a few ideas. The problem with making it lighter etc. is durability especially in an environment where guest wear-and-tear really takes its toll. As others have mentioned, something like what you get in popup Halloween Shops would definitely be a lot easier to wear but won't hold up under the stress of maze conditions. 

The Rubberman is probably the scariest visual from Murder House (besides a certain scene with a drill that I try daily not to think about) so I'm very curious to see how he is used.

• Like 1

Honestly, leaving Asylum and Coven out of the house this years makes perfect sense when you think about the event as a whole.

We already have a house set in an Asylum which also happens to be the Icon of this year. Having two asylum houses means they would have to compete and that would not be ideal. The Banshees SZ is also a little to similar to Coven and it's all female witch coven. Sure Witches and Banshees are different, but they are close enough. Coven is also like Murder House to me. Some decent "iconic" moments but not so big on the visual elements. It could not stand on its own and needs another element to make the house worth it. So, next year we will get season 2, 3 and 6.

I am very happy about this new IP partnership and hope it continues on for some time. Unlike TWD, each season is a huge change from the previous. It's one of those IP's that they could keep around for as long as the show is on the air and they would always have fresh material to build a house around so the only thing that is the same from year to year is the AHS name in the logo.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TheUsherette said:

I AM a costumer (not for the parks) and I have a few ideas. The problem with making it lighter etc. is durability especially in an environment where guest wear-and-tear really takes its toll. As others have mentioned, something like what you get in popup Halloween Shops would definitely be a lot easier to wear but won't hold up under the stress of maze conditions. 

The Rubberman is probably the scariest visual from Murder House (besides a certain scene with a drill that I try daily not to think about) so I'm very curious to see how he is used.

Probably just be a dummy. That or a full body black unitard. They hold up well and, while a little hot, not bad. Here is a pic of one I made a few years back as the rake. had a metallic white sheen which I sprayed over with a flexible dance costume paint.

12143158_1043669558991219_41465222734948

• Like 3

On 8/12/2016 at 11:23 AM, criticalanalysis said:

My reasons are valid. It's no different than doing the "Zombie Containment Unit." The gimmick stands out and ruins the idea. Just feels lazy.

You have no idea what you're talking about.  It's not "lazy" at all.  Some of us got to experience a bit of this at the end of last year.  It was part of the LT thing.  It was AMAZING.  Absolutely AMAZING!  As soon as I saw this announced, and I saw what day I could buy the tix, I was on the phone and booked.  I think this is awesome, and it's a terrific new experience that only we get.  Until you actually know what it is, it may be more prudent to STFU.

• Like 2

Any chance they will update the main site? Everything seems a bit disjointed to me, since their isn't separate pages with a list of all the houses and another page listing all the sz's like in years past. So far everything is just on the announcement page. I mean no big deal either way, just hoping they would give a little more backstory to the whole Chance stuff and how everything connects, cause right now nothing connects lol.

21 minutes ago, faceleg said:

Any chance they will update the main site? Everything seems a bit disjointed to me, since their isn't separate pages with a list of all the houses and another page listing all the sz's like in years past. So far everything is just on the announcement page. I mean no big deal either way, just hoping they would give a little more backstory to the whole Chance stuff and how everything connects, cause right now nothing connects lol.

I posted something along the same lines on HHN Orlando's twitter account with no answer.

I would love a good website to go along with this (presumably) amazing year!

At the very least, catch us up to where Hollywood's is now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HHN Explorer said:

Another year, another custom shirt I had to make since Universal can't seem to make the shirts more attractive!

HHN%2026%20Shirt%20Design_zpsmfpuvt7w.jp

Are they already selling HHN merchandise? How do you know they won't make a shirt like the one you have in the pics? Every year I buy a shirt with all the houses on the back.

1 hour ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Are they already selling HHN merchandise? How do you know they won't make a shirt like the one you have in the pics? Every year I buy a shirt with all the houses on the back.

Because every year its that god awful blood font with some dumb slogan on the front and then the houses on the back with some ugly looking artwork. Every year I have so many people come up to me and ask me what kiosk I bought my shirt at. Obviously a lot of people want a clean looking shirt with the event name on the front.

Edited by HHN Explorer
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, Pandry said:

Come one now, ThN. You've been attending for a while, my Mass friend. You've seen the product.

Hey... I didn't mind 2010 (A New Age of Darkness Begins!) and I actually liked 2011 (The House Always Wins). I guess most of the writing on the front of the shirts from 2012-2015 that had the houses on the back was kinda lame. "So This Is What Fears Tastes Like" has to be one of the worst I've seen. I almost didn't buy that shirt.

5 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Hey... I didn't mind 2010 (A New Age of Darkness Begins!) and I actually liked 2011 (The House Always Wins). I guess most of the writing on the front of the shirts from 2012-2015 that had the houses on the back was kinda lame. "So This Is What Fears Tastes Like" has to be one of the worst I've seen. I almost didn't buy that shirt.

But...would you buy this one??

On August 17, 2016 at 0:04 PM, JDW said:

Probably just be a dummy. That or a full body black unitard. They hold up well and, while a little hot, not bad. Here is a pic of one I made a few years back as the rake. had a metallic white sheen which I sprayed over with a flexible dance costume paint.

12143158_1043669558991219_41465222734948

Jeremy, is that you wearing the product??

1 minute ago, Pandry said:

But...would you buy this one??

If given the choice between that and "So This Is What Fear Tastes Like", then yeah, I'd prefer the 1 above.

Usually we end up buying a few shirts each year. I get whatever one has the houses listed on the back and my wife usually picks one she likes the most. Sometimes we'll buy a third or maybe even a 4th if we like the print. A couple that stand out were the Michael Myers one in 2014 (for me) and the Evil Dead one with the chick in the basement back in 2013 (for my wife). 

The house shirt from 2011 is my absolute favorite one (and no blood font). I'm not even sure if I'll get a shirt this year. I have far too many t-shirts (I could literally wash every single one I own and go at least a couple of months without having to do laundry again), and I'd much rather save my money for food and a little booze (not a big drinker). We'll see tho, barely a month left till I fly out!

2 hours ago, Pandry said:

Jeramy, is that you wearing the product??

Yeah why? It was a great time. crab-walking jumping off porches, running on all fours after people. I was sore the next day though. :P I did spray the palms and feet with plastidip so that they wouldn't wear out on concrete. Still wore down a bit but not through

• Like 1

I have only been to 24 and 25 and both years the T-shirts were just awful. I want something simple. That awful blood font and material on the front and the odd logo placements on the back is not something I would wear outside of the event. However, a more simple shirt like posted above would be perfect! With an even bigger (we think) HHN store, I hope that they give us more shirt options. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, King_K. said:

In stride. Seeing things before hand don't really ruin the experience for me usually.

Same here. I love walking around and seeing the sacredness start to take shape. Which is odd because I hate watching movie trailers lol