Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

1 minute ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

It appears as though the Hollywood version is getting Murder House, Freak Show, and Hotel to work with. I hope our version has the Asylum from season 2... but... apparently it doesn't. Why would they not have used material from the best season of the show?

Nope we got Murder House, Freak show, and hotel... exactly as was foretold in the sacred texts

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

It appears as though the Hollywood version is getting Murder House, Freak Show, and Hotel to work with. I hope our version has the Asylum from season 2... but... apparently it doesn't. Why would they not have used material from the best season of the show?

Probably because Asylum and Coven have enough material for their own future houses

My OFFICIAL anticipation list for HHN 26

Houses:

1. American Horror Story
  2. Tomb of the Ancients 
  3. Krampus
  4. Ghost Town
  5. Lunatics Playground
  6. The Exorcist 
  7. Halloween 2
  8. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  9. The Walking Dead (hope this is the last time I'll have this on any HHN list)

SZ : (honestly, I'm not impressed with the Scare Zones this year)

1. Vamp 1955
  2. Lair of the Banshees
  3. A Chance in ****
  4. Dead Man's Wharf
  5. Survive or Die: Apocalypse  (I have a feeling this may be the worst sz yet. Lady Luck's SZ may be scarier than this...)

Shows:

1. Bill & Ted
  2. Academy of Villains
Edited by hhnfan95

3 minutes ago, foodstampsFTW said:

You know there are 2 most anticipated threads for houses and scarezones

I know, I posted an anticipated list on this thread before the final maze was released so I though I would put my official one on this page as well. I'll add my list to those threads as well.

I can see maybe why they wouldn't use Coven, I can't think off the top of my head of a lot of material from that season that would work in a maze, but leaving out Asylum is definitely a questionable choice. That only confirms that there will more than likely be future AHS mazes, at least from my viewpoint. Definitely excited about the maze, but Coven was by far my favorite season and I'll miss the southern gothic aesthetics. 

That being said, Freak Show is of course a perfect choice, and I haven't finished Hotel yet, but I can see how it would lend itself to a haunt environment pretty easily.  Murder House was my least favorite, but again, it will work in terms of scares.

I feel sorry for the guy who has to play the Rubberman though, lol. And I thought the Krampus was gonna have it bad.

Curious that they're not doing anything in terms of reveal/promo for the upcoming season, but I suppose that could remain to be seen. 

11 minutes ago, TheUsherette said:

I can see maybe why they wouldn't use Coven, I can't think off the top of my head of a lot of material from that season that would work in a maze, but leaving out Asylum is definitely a questionable choice. That only confirms that there will more than likely be future AHS mazes, at least from my viewpoint. Definitely excited about the maze, but Coven was by far my favorite season and I'll miss the southern gothic aesthetics. 

That being said, Freak Show is of course a perfect choice, and I haven't finished Hotel yet, but I can see how it would lend itself to a haunt environment pretty easily.  Murder House was my least favorite, but again, it will work in terms of scares.

I feel sorry for the guy who has to play the Rubberman though, lol. And I thought the Krampus was gonna have it bad.

Curious that they're not doing anything in terms of reveal/promo for the upcoming season, but I suppose that could remain to be seen. 

I said the same thing about Rubberman. Unless they use a different material to make it easier, that costume is gonna be hell to wear/get into. Someone mentioned using a morph suit, but IDK I just don't see that giving the same effect cause of the different materials, but what do I know I'm not a costumer, lol. 

Seriously though, they are being super secretive about this season.  

16 minutes ago, faceleg said:

I said the same thing about Rubberman. Unless they use a different material to make it easier, that costume is gonna be hell to wear/get into. Someone mentioned using a morph suit, but IDK I just don't see that giving the same effect cause of the different materials, but what do I know I'm not a costumer, lol. 

I'd imagine most likely they'll just be using a polyester bled, with the proper sheen to it instead of a latex stuit because... that would be quite literally murder. Lol. 
Something akin to what the general Halloween shop AHS Rubber Man costume is comprised of, except probably a little more durable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pandry said:

Think they'll have "Mattress Man" from Hotel?  Not sure if he/she has an official name and the character didn't appear much, but was freaky nonetheless.

Him/one of them (she had more than one mattress person, right?) was featured in the video. 

25 minutes ago, faceleg said:

Him/one of them (she had more than one mattress person, right?) was featured in the video. 

To be honest, I didn't watch the video (eek).  But just from watching last season, I remember the appearance in the first episode and then maybe only once more?  Which I thought strange as seeing that thing come out of a mattress like that was disturbing to say the least.  After years of rumors, I'm stoked this IP is finally coming.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pandry said:

To be honest, I didn't watch the video (eek).  But just from watching last season, I remember the appearance in the first episode and then maybe only once more?  Which I thought strange as seeing that thing come out of a mattress like that was disturbing to say the least.  After years of rumors, I'm stoked this IP is finally coming.

Yeah, they made such a big deal of them in the trailer for last season, and then they maybe appeared in the series twice? Last season was like all over the place. Freak Show at least was ok until the end then it fell apart lol

• Like 1