Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

Hey all just looking for some opinions here, would doing S&S up in front of the park be a better idea than doing the AP Party? I've been doing the AP for like the last 5 years but last year it was just so over congested. With such heavy hitters in both the front and back of the park I'm not sure where to start. What are the wait times typically like doing S&S? How many houses could you get done before people are let in? What's your plan of attack?

Edited by rockingamer17

27 minutes ago, rockingamer17 said:

Hey all just looking for some opinions here, would doing S&S up in front of the park be a better idea than doing the AP Party? I've been doing the AP for like the last 5 years but last year it was just so over congested. With such heavy hitters in both the front and back of the park I'm not sure where to start. What are the wait times typically like doing S&S? How many houses could you get done before people are let in? What's your plan of attack?

I was gonna try and do one night at both. Do S&S Thursday, and AP Friday. That way on my last night, I can pick whichever has the better houses. Well I mean, if I can get into the AP nights. I'm relying on my friend to reserve our spots since my AP won't be active till I get there. 

My anticipation list for HHN 26

Houses:

1. Mega House (rumored to be AHS)
  2. Tomb of the Ancients 
  3. Krampus
  4. Ghost Town
  5. Lunatics Playground
  6. Halloween 2
  7. The Exorcist 
  8. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  9. The Walking Dead (hope this is the last time I'll have this on any HHN list)

SZ : (honestly, I'm not impressed with the Scare Zones this year)

1. A Chance in ****
  2. Banshee's Lair
  3. Vamp 1955
  4. Dead Man's Warf
  5. Survive or Die (I have a feeling this may be the worst sz yet. Lady Luck's SZ may be scarier than this...)

Shows:

1. Bill & Ted
  2. Academy of Villains

On 8/10/2016 at 1:39 AM, ghostdude said:

Well look at that.  Something else to complain about, and without even seing completely the finished product.  You guys are hillarious.

What else do you want, a BJ?  Are you really airing your first world problems for all to see?

If I am "airing my first world problems for all to see" this would be a decent place to do it.

Not sure about a bj, but considering the absurd increase in ticket prices I should at least get a quick handy. 

Who knows what the finished product might be, but I'm pretty sure it won't have a permanent TWD attraction, Death Eaters, or interactive marketing materials, so like I said, we're getting a little shafted. If Orlando doesn't get the Walking Dead attraction next year, I might just book my trip out west instead to check them out. Unfortunately I'm currently not quite "first world" enough financially to do both coasts each year.

• Like 1

" Not sure about a bj, but considering the absurd increase in ticket prices I should at least get a quick handy.  "

Where Im from $80 will get a fantastic... well... never mind... but you are right on the price increase. We are paying an extra $80 EACH this year compared to alst year. This better be one special year (it looks great on paper). Im not gonna pay more from here on out. So hopefully this silly price increase will level off....

14 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I also like the scarezone concepts so far, what about them, especially Survive or Die since that one I'm looking forward to the most are people not liking?

Survive or Die sounds like a rehashed version of Saws and Steam / Acid Assault. Boring name.

Banshee's Lair sounds like Grown Evil and Evil's Roots.

Dead Man's Wharf could be the most atmospheric, however I think it'll seem silly to have fishermen coming after you.

Vamp 1955 I'm down for.

A Chance in Hell sounds really dull.

• Like 1

Well that was unexpected! Cool to see new tech coning into play.

Are they not tying this to Legendary Truth in some way though? I read through the post and kept waiting for them to say it lol. This would be a great way to bring that back all the way.

Edited by TheUsherette
spelling

7 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

I'm not sure it's a "house" though, is it? I hope this isn't a huge waste of money. 

No not technically but it is a 10th experience where you virtually walk through a warehouse with physical environments so it can count as one.

LT will most likely come later during the event. Similar to last year I believe.

I also feel like this might be the closest thing we get to an "extreme" house.

Edited by FRlSKY PLATYPUS
Mistake

17 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

only $50????????????????????????????? what a deal since they dropped the ticket prices much this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's on par with the price of the Dining Experience which is another add-on, so not too surprising.

Not sure if we would have purchased the new upgrade, but I do think it's pretty lame that even if we wanted we can't since they're starting it Sept. 29th. I see they're really going all out with the milking of every dollar possible from us fans this year. I wonder just how many tickets they're selling for this upgrade... I also wonder how much real life action vs vr will be taking place. Is this going to be a yearly thing, or will it depend on how much more $ they rake in?

2 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Not sure if we would have purchased the new upgrade, but I do think it's pretty lame that even if we wanted we can't since they're starting it Sept. 29th. I see they're really going all out with the milking of every dollar possible from us fans this year. I wonder just how many tickets they're selling for this upgrade... I also wonder how much real life action vs vr will be taking place. Is this going to be a yearly thing, or will it depend on how much more $ they rake in?

I hope it isn't annual. It's going to be heavily VR based. They'll have to project "scares" onto the headset otherwise the physical props would be entirely pointless. Rather than making a 10th house and upcharge it they made a cheaper, gimmick experience. I don't think it'll be worth the money and would prefer VOTING with my money by letting it bomb to discourage this type of decision in the future.