Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

I wonder if we might be seeing Chance (or even Jack) during the Academy of Villains: House of Fear. With word choices like "maniacal" and "The Show Must Go On!" which are very Jack word choices. Of course, with Hollywood getting a 1950's school themed zone, it makes sense to have an Academy titled show basically connected to it. Also mentioned some great 1950's music playing in the zone so hopefully the music played during the show fits the theme and is not current music.

Lots of new information on the blog as well!

Edited by Badge

Ok, so Mike just confirmed that Academy of Villains is NOT an original concept by them. They are a troupe based in California that they are bringing over. Called them a "very dynamic horror infused group". Should be interesting. Also, looks like they have videos on youtube. Time to start watching.

Edited by Badge

All the original content sounds REALLY strong this year.  The trailers for the 2 originals have me hoping both are on the UTH Tours...which I doubt since they'll have to include the Icon house.   The human marionettes idea sounds amazing...especially in a 3D house where they can "hide" parts of the scaractors body with black clothing, making the marionettes look really disjointed and tied together.

Survive or Die will probably have the Scary Tales: ScreamPunk machine piece thing as the "machine".  Dead Man's Wharf better crank the fog machines up to 11.  Vamp 1955 is a mean tease talking about a parade that everybody wants to come back to HHN.  Sounds like it will be a series of "floats" that serve as set pieces with generic greasers walking around doing scares.

Based on the initial reveal, this is probably the most excited I've been for Original Content like a decade.  As for the IP lineup....they have Krampus, that's all that matters.  Everything else is just gravy :)

So the second show is basically just like Jabbawockeez after all. The Academy of Villains are just another dance crew. Here is some footage of them from another show (unless there is more than 1 Academy of Villains).

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

So, the very first video I watched from Academy of Villains was VERY good. The group is MUCH larger than Jabbawockeez. If this whole crew comes to Orlando, I am going to be impressed. Plus, I like that they are a "horror" based dance crew with halloween/horror elements throughout the whole show. I also wonder if they will do different shows throughout the night or if it will be the same routine every show. Check out the video:

2 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Definitely unique original content! Historically I've seen them kind of "share" ideas over time but these really do sound genuinely new.

No stage show like Jack had? That's a money and flow saver!

They don't have another stage location so it will still be where Jack was. Highly doubt they will put this dance crew in Animal Actors. Also, if the entire crew from the video I linked above comes, it is not a money saver. The crew is HUGE. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Not a big surprise, but good news nonetheless...

Twitter...

Roaming hordes are also returning ! -m

29 minutes ago, TheUsherette said:

Wow! Those scarezones sound amazing! I can't pick which one I'm most excited for!

However, is it possible that the revving sun scarezone could be something like the hordes where it's sort of unannounced? 

roaming hordes haven't been described. but I'm guessing you can figure out the revving bit. Probably all of it :P

6 hours ago, TheUsherette said:

Wow! Those scarezones sound amazing! I can't pick which one I'm most excited for!

However, is it possible that the revving sun scarezone could be something like the hordes where it's sort of unannounced? 

This year looks like it might be one of those special memorable ones for me. Like 2004 and 2008

• Like 2

Wow, just look at all the positivity around here! I'm excited about most everything except the Academy of Villains. My wife and I picked up the super-everyday frequent fear pass with express, so I'm glad everything looks good. We'll be paying for those tickets for awhile. I'm about halfway through the first season of American Horror Story, and the Krampus BluRay will come in from Netflix tomorrow. Stoked!