Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

I was looking at the billboard again this morning and I really don't like it. It's just to generic for me. I thought that maybe I could do better so I made this one in about 10min. So if I can make this thing look decent in 10min then there's no excuse for Universal to come out with that after months.

Proscenium.png~original

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Gambit said:

I was looking at the billboard again this morning and I really don't like it. It's just to generic for me. I thought that maybe I could do better so I made this one in about 10min. So if I can make this thing look decent in 10min then there's no excuse for Universal to come out with that after months.

Proscenium.png~original

That billboard on that video just smells of money save IMO. Not anything eloborate about it in the slightest. We should be getting this.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mmc said:

Not relevant to HHN Orlando but I have just noticed on Inside The Magic that Japan are getting death eaters in The Wizarding World... I am a little bit jealous. 

What?!! 

Edit:http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/08/the-death-eaters-are-coming-to-the-wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-at-universal-studios-japan/

Count me jealous

Edited by N i c k
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, FRlSKY PLATYPUS said:

Has anyone else heard of anything about a 10th house? I'm not sure where they'd put it but I have reasons to believe we are getting a 10th house despite what Mike has been tweeting.

Nothing about that in the slightest. I'm intrigued to what your reasoning is.

Well that certainly makes things more difficult. I was thinking Cult when they were all first released, but now I really am not sure. As frustrating as it is not to know, it's also really exciting to be genuinely in the dark about something like this. Props to the crew for keeping it under wraps for so long! 

@Gambit, great job on the billboard, it's fantastic! I hope something like that is the one we'll eventually see.

I was recently speaking with a reliable source and he had mentioned something about #10 (referring to a house). #10 could be a code name but I think it would make sense with the price increases and the size of the event now. The only thing is I'm not sure if there are 10 permits.

What the heck... Hollywood gets the new Walking Dead attraction, Japan gets a fall Harry Potter makeover(with Death Eaters!), Singapore gets interactive marketing materials... What does Orlando get (other than more houses)? I kinda feel like we're getting shafted a little, especially considering the hike in ticket prices. This AHS house better be something special.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Nice job Gambit.

Terrible billboard, legitimately bad.

We are in agreement for once. That looks like something a 12 year old with Photoshop slapped together in 3 min. I would have gladly done a better one for free.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, FRlSKY PLATYPUS said:

I was recently speaking with a reliable source and he had mentioned something about #10 (referring to a house). #10 could be a code name but I think it would make sense with the price increases and the size of the event now. The only thing is I'm not sure if there are 10 permits.

Unless it's going to be a LT thing towards the end of the even there's no 10th house.

• Like 6

Someone has to say it...

10th house?  Dual Run house!?!?!?

No?

OK, let's move on.

Regarding the billboard...don't they usually do multiple ones?  It works just fine for promoting the big IP houses.  Krampus isn't on there as it "only" made $42M so the number of people that went to see it is a drop in the pan compared to the tickets sold for TCM and Exorcist or the cumulative number or watches for AHS and TWD.  I'd expect other versions that are more Chance based.  There's only so much detail you can put in an advertisement designed to be seen driving down the road at 55mph.  It does it's job and there will (should) be Chance specific ones elsewhere.  

Edited by Oysterhead00
Damn Tablet Autocorrect
  • Like 1

Well look at that.  Something else to complain about, and without even seing completely the finished product.  You guys are hillarious.

10 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

What the heck... Hollywood gets the new Walking Dead attraction, Japan gets a fall Harry Potter makeover(with Death Eaters!), Singapore gets interactive marketing materials... What does Orlando get (other than more houses)? I kinda feel like we're getting shafted a little, especially considering the hike in ticket prices. This AHS house better be something special.

What else do you want, a BJ?  Are you really airing your first world problems for all to see?

Nice! 

This is a little odd though... While I'm on FB and I see the post normally at the HHN Orl page, when I go to Universal Orlando I see this: 

3_zpsfy7ogc2k.jpg

But when I click play, it plays the Ghost Town trailer <.<

Edited by _Veritas_

Scare Zones

Survive or Die – A global catastrophe has ruined Earth’s atmosphere. One group of survivors secured a machine that provides clean air. The two other surviving groups are on the hunt to gain control of the machine and are recruiting new members to help them. You can either join them or feed their staving ranks. Which will you choose? 
 Banshee’s Lair – Travel deep into the forest where evil spirits and horrific creatures of the ancient world roam free. Mother Nature’s magical barrier of vines has been torn away and the modern world has found the entrance to this corrupted grave. 
 Dead Man’s Wharf – When a fishing vessel named Annabel Lee never returned to the harbor and was lost forever, the wharf was left uninhabited as a memorial to her. Now, a strange fog has rolled into the village. And the long-lost fishermen’s spirits seek to punish the town that left them. 
 Vamp 1955 – Welcome to Hollywood High School’s 1955 Homecoming Parade. Everything is in place, until the greasers roll into town with fangs instead of switchblades. It’s a procession of chaos with vampires ready to take a bite out of anyone in sight. 
 A Chance In Hell – Get ready for the audition of a lifetime. Chance may be locked away, but that hasn’t stopped her. As the alarms ring and the bloody remains of those who tried to stop her lie around, she’s busy recruiting cellmates to join her biggest act yet. (I hope I get chosen!) 

And we can’t forget about the two spine-chilling shows this year: 

Academy of Villains: House of Fear – Join this high energy performance troupe of inmates in an explosion of insanity that will thrust you into a realm of mayhem and maniacal terror featuring dance and specialty acts. The Show Must Go On! 
 Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure – No Halloween Horror Nights would be complete with these “excellent” dudes! The Wyld Stallyns return with an all-new Halloween adventure. 

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 2