Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Just to freshen up my memory,  The requeling is Cobweb? Cobweb was possibly going to be a reboot of Ghost Town? I never saw the original, but I have an idea of what it could have been like. Granted it is only a couple pictures, but a brain and bloody skulls aren't screaming the image of a ghost town in my mind at least. 

3 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Just to freshen up my memory,  The requeling is Cobweb? Cobweb was possibly going to be a reboot of Ghost Town? I never saw the original, but I have an idea of what it could have been like. Granted it is only a couple pictures, but a brain and bloody skulls aren't screaming the image of a ghost town in my mind at least. 

Requel and Cobweb are two different originals if I remember correctly. Requel is not a sequel and not a prequel but more of a repeat of an old house (most likely theory is Ghost Town) redesigned to be all new. So, unlike AWIL, this will have new and better efffects, different layout, etc. For most people, it will be a totally new house (like myself) but for long time fans, it will have some things that look like the old house but it will still feel new.

Cobweb is a totally new original not based on anything from the past and is not a spider house. 

The other original is Chances house.

Announced -- The Exorcist

Announced: Second coming  -- Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Announced: The returning  -- The Walking Dead

Announced: The return (Parade) Halloween 2

Unannounced: The expected - Krampus?

Unannounced: The requeling - Still Ghost Town?

Unannounced: claustrophobic jewel - Is this one Cobweb?

Unannounced: The unknown - Chance Asylum?

Unannounced: Shall not be named - AHS?

Yeah... I couldn't recall if the jewel was Cobweb or not.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Cobweb is in the tent... Temple like claustrophobic. Egyptian-ish looking pillars... But that's a guess.

Reuel is in with TWD in SS... 24? I think it is 24... This has already largely been discussed as long time requested return

the other is Chance. Code name... IDK it's Chance. From what I hear she is in the new tent.

A Facebook post by AHS has caught my attention. Scrolling through Facebook, I thought it was a fan made HHN pic at first. I thought it was a 26. 

Three promos by AHS have also caught my attention. One seems very TCM-esque, one reminds me of PUTS, but one posted today really caught my attention. It's called Sunset Stroll and all I could think of was Ghost Town when I saw it. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

Guess I forgot to post this here like I thought I did. Yesterday's AHS's 6 promos really caught my attention for basically the same reason. The placement of the question mark looks WAY to much like a "2", which this being HHN 26 just seems strange. Anyways:

"This website (American Horror Story 6 Theme Revealed By The Season 6 Teasers? - MoviePilot.com) has a great breakdown of all the teasers that have been found. First I thought it was only three, but more have been found today. Currently sitting at 6 different teasers...which is possibly all of them considering it make sense to have 6 teasers for season 6. 

Also, am I the only one that finds it strange of the placement of the ? and how in some of the teasers, it almost has the shape of a "2"? I have been saying all along that the fact that, for the first time in the shows history, it had its premier date moved to Sept on the EXACT same day as employee/media preview day seemed strange. The more teasers we get, the odd placement of the "?", Ryan saying he wants to bring this season back to the shows roots of horror and not crazy sci-fi stuff (perfect for the event), it all just makes me think that this season of the show and the house we get will be a lot more connected than we are thinking. That farmhouse building would be a great facade and being able to walk through a house that is themed around a currently airing season of a TV show would be a first since TWD house is always a year behind."

• Like 2

Would they cross promote the other houses? Could AHS 6 actually be HHN in some way? Perhaps Chance is in AHS?

I'm not thinking so. But would they make individual trailers for HHN that don't tie to the show... seems unlikely. '

Still the ?6 is very compelling for 26

Although if that ever did happen... the crowds would be absolutely unbearable.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JDW said:

Would they cross promote the other houses? Could AHS 6 actually be HHN in some way? Perhaps Chance is in AHS?

I'm not thinking so. But would they make individual trailers for HHN that don't tie to the show... seems unlikely. '

Still the ?6 is very compelling for 26

Although if that ever did happen... the crowds would be absolutely unbearable.

While I don't ever see them actually ever doing a HHN-like season, like the main character runs HHN but the houses are death traps for guests, the idea of bringing the current season of the show into a house is not out of the realm of possibility. The show premiers the night of media/employee preview. They could hold a "red carpet" event with stars from the show at the park for media day. If the season takes place in a smaller location like the house in season 1 (something Ryan said he wants to do), the HHN house THIS year could easily be themed after the same house on the show this year. Heck, they could even market it as a house that changes throughout the event as the show progresses. A decent portion of the show is written/filmed at this point. All those plans could be given to the designers and they can plan out rooms that will look fine and be scary opening night but also be able to transformer the day after an episode airs when a new scary creature or major event happens.

38 minutes ago, N i c k said:

It seems as if Jabbawockeez will be returning to Hollywood this year, so any speculation that they might be coming to Orlando can now be put to rest.

How? They are a one "crew" group and are already selling tickets to their show in Vegas during HHN.

• Like 1

Roanoke focused on Wendigo mythology. It never really dealt with the multitude of Croatoan theories. 

If the TMZ photos are accurate, I think Roanoke will only play a small part in the story and will probably delve into the Croatoan theories. 

This is season of AHS is suppose to take place in at least two time periods. If memory serves, it has been revealed that the season will take place in the past and the present. The "past" is not a distinct time period, though. If anyone else remembers more about the information regarding the time periods, please let me know. 

I do not think UO would reimagine an original to fit an IP. I believe Mike has stated Requel is an original idea. We know there is another original besides Cobweb and Chance. If Requel equaled AHS, we would be missing a house. I do not see them having two AHS houses. 

Now, if AHS is the megahouse, I could see a reuse of Roanoke props as part of that house since it will premiere before the event opens. 

• Like 4

Definitely don't think Roanoke is coming back this year, but it'll be interesting to find out if we'll be seeing some familiar props in a theoretical AHS house. Those photos make me pretty excited for the next season. Hotel bored me, but this looks pretty cool. 

Especially with premiere dates and everything, I can't imagine a theoretical AHS house focusing solely on this upcoming season, but I am very curious as to what might end up in there for season 6.

As far as adding things as each episode premieres, depends on how they do it. If it involves actors and such, I doubt it will happen. Perhaps small easter eggs and such a la some of the stuff they've put into Walking Dead. 

• Like 1

ghost town may have been modified to remove guns and add a supernatural feel to the inhabitants. But they were ghosts after all. Already kind of supernatural.

IDK no idea what changes, if any, took place or stuck.

27 minutes ago, JDW said:

ghost town may have been modified to remove guns and add a supernatural feel to the inhabitants. But they were ghosts after all. Already kind of supernatural.

IDK no idea what changes, if any, took place or stuck.

So we might end up getting ghosts/undead characters in a western ghost town with no pistols... I think I may have brought up the possibility of this happening several weeks back. I really hope this change didn't happen. People from the old west had pistols so their recreation of the old west should probably have them too. 

23 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

So we might end up getting ghosts/undead characters in a western ghost town with no pistols... I think I may have brought up the possibility of this happening several weeks back. I really hope this change didn't happen. People from the old west had pistols so their recreation of the old west should probably have them too. 

No idea honestly. Not probing for info. Just speculating on rumors.

1 hour ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

If this happened that's absolutely infuriating. 

It seems there's some info about scarezones finally leaking out. It's from Legacy over on OU who's a pretty solid source.

"Alright... Who wants scarezone hints?

Interstellar Dreaming
Revving Sun
Black Goats
Red Goats
Evolutionary Turning Point
????? "

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

It seems there's some info about scarezones finally leaking out. It's from Legacy over on OU who's a pretty solid source.

"Alright... Who wants scarezone hints?

Interstellar Dreaming
Revving Sun
Black Goats
Red Goats
Evolutionary Turning Point
????? "

Im stating upfront that i have no clue what any of these codenames mean, but my first thought when i saw goats was that sometimes is used as an acronym for Greatest Of All Time. Since we have some returning characters this year (from both horror movies and past HHNs), could these zones be re-imagined zones from the past?

Again, just speculation and spurring discussion.