Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

I'm pretty sure there were at least 2 different barker actors that switched out. They both were good, but 1 of them was hilarious. The beginning was definitely the most memorable for my group. Obviously the ending room was pretty good too.

Anyone else surprised that there doesn't seem to be an announcement?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I'm pretty sure there were at least 2 different barker actors that switched out. They both were good, but 1 of them was hilarious. The beginning was definitely the most memorable for my group. Obviously the ending room was pretty good too.

Anyone else surprised that there doesn't seem to be an announcement?

Twitter account is pretty active today. Thing is, apparently Hollywood is announcing Doris Day some point this week and that seems to be Freddy Vs Jason. Which would mean nothing for us. 

3 minutes ago, Hhnsophmore said:

Just curious by why do you think Doris Day is FvJ? I always thought that was Krampus considering she is most well know for her rendition of "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" and that song was the opening sequence in Krampus 

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Doris Day house matches with the house location where Krampus is being built.

6 minutes ago, mmc said:

I know it wouldn't make sense but has it ever happened that we share a property but they are announced separately?

no then you would called it share propty usally share are annouced at the same time

3 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

I know I was. :)  (It's not just the 'straight guys' who appreciate this)

I didn't mind that house.  It wasn't the greatest thing they ever did, but yes, the barker and the brothers were actually very good (a testament to the actors)

OMG, how sexist of me. Sorry. (I'm sincere....ish, I mean I don't feel super bad, but do feel that it was sexist, just in case you thought I was being sarcastic, cause really it's not often that I'm not being sarcastic). 

Anywho, yay no announcement. (See, sarcasm) 

• Like 1

Maybe we'll hear something in tandem with Comic Con this week? I checked to see if maybe American Horror Story was going to do a panel but it looks like they're not on the schedule, so if an AHS house is coming, I don't think it's getting announced at the moment. 

Edited by TheUsherette

20 hours ago, faceleg said:

OMG, how sexist of me. Sorry. (I'm sincere....ish, I mean I don't feel super bad, but do feel that it was sexist, just in case you thought I was being sarcastic, cause really it's not often that I'm not being sarcastic). 

Anywho, yay no announcement. (See, sarcasm) 

I was just giving you shit, dear.  And, FYI, I speak sarcasm.

A new announcement would be great.  I tweeted to HHNOrlando (i.e. Aiello) this week, basically whining and asking for the next update.  I got a response "to hold me over" with a gif of a constantly vomiting Regan.  <sigh>

• Like 1

For all you TWD fans...  ;)

2:35 is pretty crazy!

We're not getting anything from the new season, right? It is only going to be a greatest moments taken from all the previous houses including some from last season? 

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

1 hour ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

We're not getting anything from the new season, right? It is only going to be a greatest moments taken from all the previous houses including some from last season? 

Considering HHN starts a couple weeks BEFORE the new season of TWD...I wouldn't expect to see a dummy that looks like ??????? with their head bashed in or anything along those lines.

I would expect absolutely nothing, but suppose if there's a "Signature Zombie" who died a unique death and has nothing to do with the story, it's possible they could have something like that.   I would guess the ratio of fans who've read the comic only, to those that have watched the show only (like me) is 1:10 so I wouldn't expect any scenes from a signature location this year since it wouldn't make sense for at least a couple weeks to 90% of attendees.

16 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Considering HHN starts a couple weeks BEFORE the new season of TWD...I wouldn't expect to see a dummy that looks like ??????? with their head bashed in or anything along those lines.

I would expect absolutely nothing, but suppose if there's a "Signature Zombie" who died a unique death and has nothing to do with the story, it's possible they could have something like that.   I would guess the ratio of fans who've read the comic only, to those that have watched the show only (like me) is 1:10 so I wouldn't expect any scenes from a signature location this year since it wouldn't make sense for at least a couple weeks to 90% of attendees.

I'd at least like there to be a Negan cameo at the very end. Maybe have him swing Lucille at us on the way out.

That TWD trailer makes me glad I stopped watching last year. Looks like more of the same aimless story telling of the last few years - I swear TWD doesn't need 16 episodes a season. There are far better TV shows to be paying attention to *cough* The Leftovers *cough*. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I'd at least like there to be a Negan cameo at the very end. Maybe have him swing Lucille at us on the way out.

Well, technically, that happened at the end of Season 5 so I would say it's game...except I thought there was a reason why there have never been any real characters from the show in the maze. There have been signature zombies, and little "tributes" to characters like Daryl's crossbow, but never anybody really from the show.  

So unfortunately, I wouldn't count on Neagan showing up.  But a generic dummy with his head bashed in with the bat still stuck in it could certainly be a possibility.  Or like Daryl's crossbow, just have Lucille sitting up against a wall in a corner somewhere.

14 hours ago, Tich0las said:

That TWD trailer makes me glad I stopped watching last year. Looks like more of the same aimless story telling of the last few years - I swear TWD doesn't need 16 episodes a season. There are far better TV shows to be paying attention to *cough* The Leftovers *cough*. 

Liked for that Leftovers plug ;) 

20 hours ago, Tich0las said:

To be fair though, the trailer is meant to be a sizzle reel of the season, but also made to not spoil who Negan offed on the show.

Could be a reason it looks aimless. 

On July 12, 2016 at 6:15 PM, Tich0las said:

Anyone else see the post in the Hollywood forum? Apparently we are getting Jabbawoked this year...

I'm so sorry for you guys , that show sucked and had nothing to do with Halloween or horror. Even worse was the crowd it dragged in. I mean I'm 26 and have nothing against teenagers, far from a crotchety old man but when the theater it's in chooses to bump club music outside and you're trying to make to the next maze and there is a mob of teenagers and early twenties kids doing the nae nae and dancing off blocking traffic really ruins the experience 

• Like 1