Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

" If you can go to a themepark, with 10s of thousands of other people, wait in line for an hour, and then walk through a house bumping and grinding the person both in front and behind you in a conga line and that somehow keeps you "in the zone" and the temperature, in Florida, "takes you out of the experience" you have issues. "

this got a literal LOL out of me at work!!!

How about this scenario:

Mike said TWD was sharing a SS with an as yet unannounced original. We know 24 is the SS that two houses are going into.

But we have just assumed it's the house rumored to be Ghost Town. It may well be that house, but consider that Mike made that statement at a time when the only original mentioned was Cobweb in Tent 1. what if Chance is in 24 with TWD?

Then Krampus (if it is coming) could be in Shrek.

And Ghost Town in the new tent.

Somehow that seems to work better for me, although that doesn't mean it is what will happen.

• Like 3

My biggest concern with Krampus in a hot tent is not the atmosphere... but safety for the cast members. The costumes from the movie are almost literal fur carpets. I mean I'm sure uni knows what they are doing but, wearing a seriously hot costume in a hot tent could be dangerous.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JDW said:

My biggest concern with Krampus in a hot tent is not the atmosphere... but safety for the cast members. The costumes from the movie are almost literal fur carpets. I mean I'm sure uni knows what they are doing but, wearing a seriously hot costume in a hot tent could be dangerous.

This is so true. They so very rarely do fur costumes because of the heat. The bear last year in "25 years" was the first time in a while and my tour guide told me that after an issue they had with a house back in Popeye queue years ago with cast members passing out due to the heat of their costumes, they would never stick a "heavy" costumes in outdoor locations again. Bear worked because he was in an area next to AC to help stay cool.

Krampus needs a cold location to not only get the "feeling" of the house right, but also for actor safety. The "elf" costumes are all heavy and full of fur. If Krampus is not a puppet, that costume is going to be awful to wear. Now i'm not talking so cold they can make real snow but cold enough that you notice a big difference going from outside to inside. Like 55-60 degrees. 

• Like 1

Yeah, temperature and Krampus costumes could be a big factor, outside of aesthetic reasons. I was once assistant to a Cowardly Lion in a production of Wizard of Oz and we definitely had a few near misses/close shaves/etc. with the heat (Alabama is not a great place to be a cowardly lion, much less Florida for a Krampus!). That being said, could they do a shorter shift system perhaps? I remember seeing somewhere that the puppet operators for La Llorona in Hollywood had fifteen minutes on and off because of the weight and effort needed to control those things. I don't know the labor laws in Florida or if that would clash at all with them, but it  is an idea.

50 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Now this is interesting. It seems part of the maze is located outside of the tent.

Image1_6.png

@MickeyXtreme

Seems super narrow though for a house. Thinking maybe a themed last section of the queue? There is a lot of height changes while in MIB so maybe they had to build it as sort of ramp up into the house because I am not sure how flat the land is back there. It also opens up closer to the tent entrance to build a bigger facade. Still, really excited to see how this new house location plays out. Between it being so close to B&T (with possible noise issues) and the queue setup, I am looking forward to how this plays out. 

47 minutes ago, Badge said:

Seems super narrow though for a house. Thinking maybe a themed last section of the queue? There is a lot of height changes while in MIB so maybe they had to build it as sort of ramp up into the house because I am not sure how flat the land is back there. It also opens up closer to the tent entrance to build a bigger facade. Still, really excited to see how this new house location plays out. Between it being so close to B&T (with possible noise issues) and the queue setup, I am looking forward to how this plays out. 

Lets not forget we had the JAWS queue/house right next to Bill & Ted not so long ago.  This is pretty much just on the opposite side.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, timbo8 said:

i know this isnt singapore hhn 6 topic but look what they teasing

i think hhn 26 next ip might AHS i think that quote saying tv shows are going to be  at hhn 26 plus what show could be at the event besides ahs

a couple of shows that come to mind besides ahs that could work at hhn are ash vs evil dead, the x files, twin peaks, twilight zone, tales from the crypt but i feel like most are unlikely  

4 hours ago, timbo8 said:

What about from dusk till daen to promte season 3

They didn't do anything to promote season 2 so I doubt they will do anything for season 3. Think it was a "one and done" IP.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badge said:

They didn't do anything to promote season 2 so I doubt they will do anything for season 3. Think it was a "one and done" IP.

Especially how bad the house was. Well I mean, if you were a straight guy you may have enjoyed it more than me, what with all the cleavage. Were there any guys in that house? Though the same could also be said about the Dracula house from 19, but that one was actually scary, and the women weren't as scantily clad. But I'm biased. 

22 minutes ago, faceleg said:

Especially how bad the house was. Well I mean, if you were a straight guy you may have enjoyed it more than me, what with all the cleavage. Were there any guys in that house? Though the same could also be said about the Dracula house from 19, but that one was actually scary, and the women weren't as scantily clad. But I'm biased. 

Coming from a straight male, the best part of FDTD for me were the 3 main guys (Barker outside and the brothers [who's name escapes me]in the finale). The house was really lacking overall for me, but I still had fun in it. But yeah, no point in bringing that back. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foREVer56 said:

Coming from a straight male, the best part of FDTD for me were the 3 main guys (Barker outside and the brothers [who's name escapes me]in the finale). The house was really lacking overall for me, but I still had fun in it. But yeah, no point in bringing that back. 

I legitimately do not remember these men. Maybe *I* was too focused on the clevage? lol 

6 hours ago, foREVer56 said:

I don't know if it is the same names in the TV, but in the original film they were the Gecko brothers. And I agree, I loved the entrance with the barker and the ending bar room, shame the middle section was in there too. I still really liked it, but that's probably because it was my second ever HHN house and because I love Tarantino.

• Like 1

In total agreement...the best part was by far the barker outside, I only remember seeing the one actor play that role and he was pretty damn good as a sloppy drunk...lol! The ending room was the best part inside the house....the only real stand out points to me were a girl with a chainsaw, the brothers, and the girl with the snake (all in the last room)!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, faceleg said:

I legitimately do not remember these men. Maybe *I* was too focused on the clevage? lol 

I know I was. :)  (It's not just the 'straight guys' who appreciate this)

I didn't mind that house.  It wasn't the greatest thing they ever did, but yes, the barker and the brothers were actually very good (a testament to the actors)

• Like 1