Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

1 minute ago, criticalanalysis said:

I'm very excited that it's Michael Myers again, but less excited that it's the second (hospital dominate) movie. Seems like a much more boring setting.

opposite. I couldn't give two opossums about Michael. But creepy scary hospitals are better then the house scenes of the first.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, criticalanalysis said:

I'm very excited that it's Michael Myers again, but less excited that it's the second (hospital dominate) movie. Seems like a much more boring setting.

While a larger version of the original Halloween would be cool, I'm glad they are progressing with the series instead of just redoing the HHN24 maze on a larger scale. That would seem a bit Hollywoody, IMO.

In hindsight, this just continues the trend of Houses Of The Year getting sequels, prequels, requels, or even full repeats. Which speaking in terms of 2014, makes me wonder how long it is before we get a Dollhouse sequel or even spiritual sequel. But that's a topic for another year obviously.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Morse Code which translates to Livingston County.

What's in Livingston County?

Haddonfield, Illinois. :mmyers:

Heh. Secondary fun fact...

It's revealed in H6 that Haddonfield and Smith's Grove are located between Pontiac and Dwight, IL (thus Livingston County.) Thing is, in the original Halloween Dr. Howard tells Loomis that Haddonfield is 150 miles away from Smith's Grove. Not possible. The distance between Pontiac and Dwight (which are real locations) is only 20 miles. 
The only reason I know this, is I'm from this area :P 

Anyway, I'm glad announcements will start gearing up again and if it is with a Halloween [2] announcement I'll be very pleased. The original H2 is the very first horror film I ever saw. 

Edited by _Veritas_

9 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Neither! That should make it a bit easier on where it's going. (An' where it was supposed to be in 2010.)

Yes, neither. Again, I can't really say much (I mean, location should be obvious at this point, since it's not in a tent or soundstage...) but there's only one aspect of this reveal I'm not sure about: whether we're getting H2 or RZs Halloween...

47 minutes ago, JAYXDUBS said:

Yes, neither. Again, I can't really say much (I mean, location should be obvious at this point, since it's not in a tent or soundstage...) but there's only one aspect of this reveal I'm not sure about: whether we're getting H2 or RZs Halloween...

Personally I think when Zombie comes to Orlando it will be with HOTC & this will be based off the original Halloween 2. Should be interesting with the location & what surrounds it. Looks like the whole park will be busy this year not just front or back.

Well, I'm disappointed only because 2014 was my first year and I didn't know what I was doing and missed the first house. While personally I would love for it to come back identically. I know that this is the better move for HHN to keep moving in a new direction. But I guess as long as I get to hear music composed by John Carpenter in a house I'll be happy (on that note, universal should use some of his new albums lost themes as music for where there is no scares zone, like the entrance.)

When announced, this house should clear up a majority of location speculation. 

I'll do a run done of confirmed and speculated locations after the announcement. 

Gambit will hopefully make his handy spec map again. 

On a side note, it was nice to see HHN media team put some effort into this clue (morse code), but someone from A&D should probably tell them we are rather obsessed with figuring out clues and this one was too easy for us. 

Anyone who has participated in LT or HU is an old hack at figuring at this kind of clue. 

• Like 3

I had no idea that I was so close to the fictional home of Michael Myers! About an hour away! COOL! Central Illinois represent!!!!!!

Haddonfield is located in Livingston County, Illinois 3.5 miles northeast of the county seat of Pontiac. This north-central Illinois community is known for its Haddonfield Harvest Festival and high school football team, the Haddonfield Huskers. The city has suffered a negative public image due to the frequent appearance and subsequent murders committed by its former native resident, nationally-renowned serial killer, Michael Audrey Myers (born Saturday October 19, 1957). The town is infamous for the legendary killing spree of Halloween night 1978, in which he killed sixteen people.

He returned and killed ten people in the town on October 31, 1988

• Like 1

Well... Since today's announcement is almost definitely going to be some variation of Halloween, does that also mean that Hollywood is getting the same announcement? I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't announce Krampus over there 1st considering the construction totally gives it away.

15 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Well... Since today's announcement is almost definitely going to be some variation of Halloween, does that also mean that Hollywood is getting the same announcement? I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't announce Krampus over there 1st considering the construction totally gives it away.

Murdy did say that we will get an announcement this week but it is not the announcement everybody thinks. It's assumed to be a Krampus announcement, so that leads me to believe it won't be. Most likely it will be some version of a Halloween house that is shared on both coasts. Krampus should come soon enough (next week maybe).

3 hours ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

I think JDW meant 2009.

Yep yep I do that a lot lol. Time means little to me anymore.

Alright since I goofed. It wasn't a house outright... by itself. That should be enough to tell you where it was supposed to be.

• Like 1