Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

1 hour ago, mz_ said:

If we have official confirmation anything changes, we will post it here and discuss it.  

Thanks for understanding.

When you say "official", do you mean via the official HHN website, twitter, etc.,  or do you mean officially you've been told behind the scenes? I doubt they'd come right out with a public confirmation that they're toning down the event, especially when they could change a bunch of stuff and the gp wouldn't notice anyways.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Just now, ThNdIzNiR said:

When you say "official", do you mean via the official HHN website, twitter, etc.,  or do you mean officially you've been told behind the scenes? I doubt they'd come right out with a public confirmation that they're toning down the event, especially when they could change of bunch of stuff and the gp wouldn't notice anyways.

Official, as in from Universal directly.

4 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

When you say "official", do you mean via the official HHN website, twitter, etc.,  or do you mean officially you've been told behind the scenes? I doubt they'd come right out with a public confirmation that they're toning down the event, especially when they could change of bunch of stuff and the gp wouldn't notice anyways.

We won't know if anything changes as we don't know what they have planned for actual content other than the names. 

I was thinking about it, maybe Chance's scarezone will be a show/zone combo.
 Basically some kind of theme representing her fever dreams and some whacked characters roaming. Then, periodically, she comes out, the scare actors become her minions, and they have your typical sacrifice type show. Then everything resets.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JDW said:

I was thinking about it, maybe Chance's scarezone will be a show/zone combo.
 Basically some kind of theme representing her fever dreams and some whacked characters roaming. Then, periodically, she comes out, the scare actors become her minions, and they have your typical sacrifice type show. Then everything resets.

I was sort of thinking something like this too. I can only hope this is the case just out of sheer continuity. Why would you have a chance show, a chance house, and a chance sz? I'm all about suspension of disbelief, but there's no way she could get around like that :lol:

You mean to tell me Mickey instant teleporting around the resort to visit guests at all character meals, performing in multiple parades and stage shows, and then capping off his night with a fantasmic show? Here I thought he was just a master at changing outfits and Disney was holding out on us and not telling the public they invented real teleportation. Dang it...my fantasy is ruined :P 

In all seriousness, I think Chances SZ will be in Hollywood leading towards Mel's and will end with her stage show there. It will be Chances SZ because it will be stuff she dreams up and thinks about. We will only see her on the stage though. Like I have said in the past....there is NO WAY they will put her on the streets. They won't do it because it would have a line longer than Anna and Elsa at Disney to get a picture with her. Also, you have the idiot drunks that got to handsy last year with Carrie which is why she was pulled from the SZ. Just imagine Chance...although hearing her tell them off would be amazing if she stayed in character but nobody should have to go through that.

• Like 1

It says in the email promotion that Chance takes center stage, kinda figured that meant a stage show.

While Jack's away Chance will play. This year she's taking control, taking center stage and taking lives. We dare you to enter her sinister realm where the line between reality and delusion is twisted beyond recognition.

30 minutes ago, traveller said:

It says in the email promotion that Chance takes center stage, kinda figured that meant a stage show.

While Jack's away Chance will play. This year she's taking control, taking center stage and taking lives. We dare you to enter her sinister realm where the line between reality and delusion is twisted beyond recognition.

I saw that as more of a turn-of-phrase or just an expression. Last year she was a supporting character (I.e. Usually stage right or stage left of the lead) and now she's going to be leading (I.e. moving to center stage). I wouldn't mind seeing something like the icons sz (can't remember what it was called) where each icon had their own smaller stage and minions walking around. Chance could have a small stage similar to shadybrooks last year where she can have a microphone and do random interactions with the audience and her minions

HHN20, 20 years of fear sz I belive. I agree with  Badge, I don't think Chance will be very accessible to the 

guests. They would have to put a wait time sign for getting your pic with her.

From Mike Aiello, universal blog:

As she stands center stage within a yellowed, flickering spotlight, I can see her with a coy and maniacal smirk stating simply…

“The Show Must Go On.”

https://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/hhn-26-chance-returns/

1 hour ago, mmc said:

Don't know if this will mean anything at all but halloween horror nights: the official story guide posted this... 

SOON... story.php?story_fbid=507168732803309&sub

Which to me looks like the cover of Halloween 2. search?q=halloween+2&client=ms-android-h

Yeah, that's def a blurred H2 cover. They also tweeted/FB posted a blurred image of AHS: Freak Show as well. 

Edited by _Veritas_
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mmc said:

Don't know if this will mean anything at all but halloween horror nights: the official story guide posted this... 

Which to me looks like the cover of Halloween 2. search?q=halloween+2&client=ms-android-h

It's funny, cause we tweeted all these photos un-blurred on our Twitter/Facebook earlier this month.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, HHN_jsg277 said:

Given everything that has happened, do you guys think announcements are being pushed back for a while? The HHN Twitter account has been quiet but it seems like the Universal Orlando account is starting to become active again.

Dont think anyone knows for sure. Considering they pushed back Kong, I'd have to guess there's now a slight delay. 

The HHN Twitter account was used yesterday to interact with a guest referencing Jack. 

It's been rumored that we won't get another announcement until after TWDA opens in Hollywood because the next reveal is a shared IP and they don't want anything to take away from TWDA's media push. 

With all the media push of Volcano Bay today, I don't see us getting an announcement for a bit and think the rumor is true. Here is how I see it playing out:

Week of July 10th: IP
Week of July 24th: IP

Week of August 7th: Final IP house

Week of August 21st: Final announcements of Originals, SZ and shows

This gives us an announcement every two weeks and will have everything announced within 3 weeks of opening night. If they are doing an IP SZ, I can see them fitting that in during the "off" week in August before the final reveals.

The only thing I can see happening soon would be the website updating to finally include TWD information. 

• Like 2

On June 20, 2016 at 2:57 PM, mmc said:

That should read Unofficial Story and Guide.

They are not an official source of information and simply use the same guesses, speculations and sources that many here do, they have sometimes been accurate and sometimes not so much.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

That should read Unofficial Story and Guide.

They are not an official source of information and simply use the same guesses, speculations and sources that many here do, they have sometimes been accurate and sometimes not so much.

My bad, just a typo. I know they are not an official source, just thought I would share what they had put on Facebook.