Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

13 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

What is what is it that would be keeping it from coming?

I have no clue what would exactly motivate them to not bring it. I thought of possible similarities to Exorcist, but this is the same Horror Nights that made 2013 Year Of The Zombies.

1 hour ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

I have no clue what would exactly motivate them to not bring it. I thought of possible similarities to Exorcist, but this is the same Horror Nights that made 2013 Year Of The Zombies.

Even better example would be doing Evil Dead and Cabin the Woods (IPs that feature cabins in the woods and zombies) in the same year. 

• Like 2

I know this probably isn't the place for this, but I'm sitting in HR at Uni right now and I've gotta share with my Nightmares brothers and sisters. 

This would be twenty years of Halloween Horror Nights for me. I can't think of any better way to do my twentieth year than to be a scareactor. And I got hired!

Once they tell me where I am, I'll let you all know. 

Edited by JAYXDUBS
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, foREVer56 said:

Even better example would be doing Evil Dead and Cabin the Woods (IPs that feature cabins in the woods and zombies) in the same year. 

but weren't both of those houses generally well regarded, especially Cabin in the Woods?

Besides, a direct comparison would be more like doing Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead the same year, and how cool would that be?

To get to compare the two side by side.

2 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

but weren't both of those houses generally well regarded, especially Cabin in the Woods?

Besides, a direct comparison would be more like doing Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead the same year, and how cool would that be?

To get to compare the two side by side.

Both were well regarded, but the point wasn't how good, it was the variety aspect. And two cabin in woods in a forest is not extremely variety filled, despite Cabin's facility aspects. Though TBF, I do recall that Evil Dead was meant to be something else early on, though I don't remember off the top of my head.

Considering TWD, I would not be excited for the Dawn / Shaun idea, no offense. Need a zombie break.

8 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Both were well regarded, but the point wasn't how good, it was the variety aspect. And two cabin in woods in a forest is not extremely variety filled, despite Cabin's facility aspects. Though TBF, I do recall that Evil Dead was meant to be something else early on, though I don't remember off the top of my head.

Considering TWD, I would not be excited for the Dawn / Shaun idea, no offense. Need a zombie break.

I'm not sure that they're worried about variety in that sense. 

On another note, do we expect any changes to event hours this year? I believe it's normally the first weekend has midnight closings followed by 1am closings the second weekend. Third weekend is when the 2ams begin typically, but would they do 2am across the board? They keep expanding dates, so expanding times wouldn't surprise me.

37 minutes ago, N i c k said:

I'm not sure that they're worried about variety in that sense. 

On another note, do we expect any changes to event hours this year? I believe it's normally the first weekend has midnight closings followed by 1am closings the second weekend. Third weekend is when the 2ams begin typically, but would they do 2am across the board? They keep expanding dates, so expanding times wouldn't surprise me.

The times are actually already posted on the website when you select the date that you want to buy tickets for. All nights are 1:00 am until Sep. 30th, where the weekends ramp up to 2 am. There aren't any midnight closing dates this year.

I'm more surprised they didn't start Wednesdays any earlier this year.

Edited by JAYXDUBS

2 hours ago, JAYXDUBS said:

The times are actually already posted on the website when you select the date that you want to buy tickets for. All nights are 1:00 am until Sep. 30th, where the weekends ramp up to 2 am. There aren't any midnight closing dates this year.

They could add it later if the demand is there. They have added dates before while the event was going on. Heck, Hollywood added dates towards the end of last years run past Halloween with the event running until Nov. 7th. I would be VERY happy if they added Sept 28th but I doubt it. I don't see them going past the current ending date though. Unlike Hollywood, they need to turn the park around quickly for the Christmas season.

3 hours ago, JAYXDUBS said:

A decade ago this would have excited me.  Now, my old ass is confident I'll be back at the hotel sleeping before the event closes each night I'm there :)   Maybe I'll put my Big Boy Pants on one night and try to power through all the houses one last time after midnight when the lines get remarkably shorter. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

A decade ago this would have excited me.  Now, my old ass is confident I'll be back at the hotel sleeping before the event closes each night I'm there :)   Maybe I'll put my Big Boy Pants on one night and try to power through all the houses one last time after midnight when the lines get remarkably shorter. 

Don't worry, we, the jobless young, will keep the spirit alive. :lol:

15 hours ago, JAYXDUBS said:

Once they tell me where I am, I'll let you all know. 

They will give you a code for your role, but don't share it publicly. All of that information is supposed to be close hold until opening night. Once everything is revealed (and ideally after your rehearsals) you can share which house/zone you're in. But not much else.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Legacy said:

They will give you a code for your role, but don't share it publicly. All of that information is supposed to be close hold until opening night. Once everything is revealed (and ideally after your rehearsals) you can share which house/zone you're in. But not much else.

Right, I didn't mean giving anything away or anything. Hell, I probably won't know more than anyone else. But that's what I meant. I won't be giving any other info out than what house/SZ to look for. Probably won't have anything to share regardless. Shoot, I'm not jeopardizing being a part of this year...

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, JAYXDUBS said:

Right, I didn't mean giving anything away or anything. Hell, I probably won't know more than anyone else. But that's what I meant. I won't be giving any other info out than what house/SZ to look for. Probably won't have anything to share regardless. Shoot, I'm not jeopardizing being a part of this year...

I know the same stuff as well despite not being cast last night...my lips are sealed. Once your house or zone is public knowledge it won't jeopardize your position if you tell people.

Fingers crossed we have straggler auditions released this year--I don't feel like breaking the rules and signing up for another slot for the 28th today. Or maybe they'll realise they need a chunky girl and call me. :P

I can say with 100% assurance that we might definitely know the list... possibly.

Really it all depends on what happens with "That which shall not be named", my guess is it will be the next released... and then all will fall into place.

Somewhat off topic, but for those who may want another possible reason why no Conjuring this year: Both Annabelle 2 and a spinoff based off the demonic Nun character (No spoilers) are slated to come out within the next few years. So Conjuring will no doubt come within the next few years, IMO. I'm guessing they just want a bit more material possibly.

sorry I brought it up. I didn't realize it would be a can of worms. But it's pretty much the nightingales discussion 2.0

Here an interesting tidbit, the UMTH check in is moving to IOA. My guess, it will focus on houses back there or just easier in general.

9XwTpN2.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JDW said:

sorry I brought it up. I didn't realize it would be a can of worms. But it's pretty much the nightingales discussion 2.0

Here an interesting tidbit, the UMTH check in is moving to IOA. My guess, it will focus on houses back there or just easier in general.

9XwTpN2.jpg

Easier backstage access away from crowds over there. Wish I could do it.

2 hours ago, JDW said:

9XwTpN2.jpg

Where are you seeing this at? I don't see that on the website or on my tour confirmation e-mail that tells me where I pick up the tour ticket at.

Well... I'm going to bring up this revamp/gun discussion slightly. I didn't attend HHN in 2004 when the Ghost Town house took place, but I'm going to assume that at least some of the ghosts had old pistols? Is it conceivable that Ghost Town could be tossed because of this? Were there pistols in the original Ghost Town? I don't think this question is too out of line.

For above... At 1 point the 5 houses left were possibly Ghost Town, Krampus, Halloween 2, 1 that had something to do with caverns and glyphs, and the mysterious Shall Not Be Named which I personally think is The Thing ( or maybe the Conjuring even though those in the know said no to it). I'm not sure what house Branded Hash would have replaced on the list, but all I could really think of was Scream or Paranormal Activity (yeah, I know it's not that), or... Fear the Walking Dead (imagine the uproar if that happened).

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

From this post forward we will not be discussing anything about the tragedy on Sunday that took place in Orlando and how it may or may not affect HHN.  We had hoped that it would of been a better discussion and more mature, but it ended up getting ugly.  This situation is sensitive for many, as us here in Orlando had friends and family that were at Pulse that night.  

All posts regarding the situation have been hidden from public view.

If we have official confirmation anything changes, we will post it here and discuss it.  

Thanks for understanding.

• Like 11