Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

We technically still have 3 originals to announce. All we know, officially, is that we are getting one original but don't know ANYTHING about it other than it is Chances house. When announcements happen, we get house names and basic details. 

I could see them giving more details about Chances original house as a stand-alone announcement. It's time they start treating their original houses like IP's because they are worth it. With Chance's house, you have a character that people already know. She is an IP...just one that Universal created. It would make sense to formally announce her house and scarezone together and not lumped into the other scarezone/house reveals. 

8 minutes ago, Badge said:

We technically still have 3 originals to announce. All we know, officially, is that we are getting one original but don't know ANYTHING about it other than it is Chances house. When announcements happen, we get house names and basic details. 

I could see them giving more details about Chances original house as a stand-alone announcement. It's time they start treating their original houses like IP's because they are worth it. With Chance's house, you have a character that people already know. She is an IP...just one that Universal created. It would make sense to formally announce her house and scarezone together and not lumped into the other scarezone/house reveals. 

All the originals for 25 were concepts that had been seen before and people would get excited for, essentially self-made IP's, and they weren't stand alone announcements. Monsters and Mayhem wasn't a stand alone announcement, so I doubt Chance's house will be either, technically.

Edited by ForeverEvil1

9 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

All the originals for 25 were concepts that had been seen before and people would get excited for, essentially self-made IP's. Monsters and Mayhem wasn't a stand alone announcement, so I doubt Chance's house will be either, technically.

True, but it had been awhile since Jack was used as the main Icon on billboards and ads and for many, he was completely unknown. The event was a LOT smaller back when he headlined the event in terms of crowds. Jack was brought back for fan service doing an anniversary year...not because he was a widely known character outside of the hardcore fans. Same goes for all the other original IP's they brought back...they were fan service for the die hard fans.

With Chance, they are using a character that will instantly bring back memories from just last year. People will be seeing Chance in a commercial on TV and online two years in a row. Most people agree that she was the star of the stage show last year. She is popular and recognizable to many because of the popularity of the event last year. Even if you didn't attend, you will remember her face from the ads. 

If they wanted to stretch out the reveals and keep the hype going, they could easily reveal her stuff by itself and it would still draw a lot of attention because of how "fresh" she is in peoples minds. 

On 6/3/2016 at 1:38 PM, JDW said:

I'm being hit with one after another this morning... so who knows at this point. Hearing some promising news I thought had no chance of happening.

So I must ask, was your "chance" intentional or just a happy accident?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Sledge said:

If The Purge was actually being considered to come back this year in ANY form, I am 100% certain that that is now off the table. 

That would be the one thing I could see being wiped out if it was going to happen (which I bet it probably was).

They could just take out the guns though. Most of Anarchy's scareactors and the Purge house were knife armed anyway.

On 6/9/2016 at 11:58 AM, ThNdIzNiR said:

C'mon... You honestly can look at that outfit and say it couldn't have possibly been done better? We all know critical is hard to please, but he's right in that regard, that outfit is pretty weak.

Like you say though, opinions are like assholes.

What he said was this:   4) Awful costume design with an unattractive actress

I wasn't commenting on the costume - frankly, I don't see the big deal thought.  I was commenting on his need to say "unattractive actress".  I found THAT to be insane.  But whatever, I'm not getting into a pissing match over it.  To each his/her own.

54 minutes ago, Sledge said:

If The Purge was actually being considered to come back this year in ANY form, I am 100% certain that that is now off the table. 

Why Purge specificly? Purge has minimal use of guns. I see smaller changes sure. Like if they do Conjuring we probably won't get the scene with the shotgun.

Again. We will never know any changes that may occur because they haven't shown us what we're suppose to be getting. It's not something that will directly affect the fans a noticeable way. There is no reason to discuss the event in the context of how what happened would impact it.

Some people have nailed Shall Not... No one has guessed Branded Hash. Let's talk about those.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Again. We will never know any changes that may occur because they haven't shown us what we're suppose to be getting. It's not something that will directly affect the fans a noticeable way. There is no reason to discuss the event in the context of how what happened would impact it.

Some people have nailed Shall Not... No one has guessed Branded Hash. Let's talk about those.

Haven't a clue on either but I'm anxiously awaiting any hints or reveals we may get in the next few weeks.

2 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Someone brought up The Thing as well, though I forgot if it was for this specifically.

I thought it was The Thing... but then they brought up faith and churches which kinda threw me off. I also joked about it being The Preacher for the next 5 years since it's another AMC show. After seeing The Conjuring 2, there was a lot of talk about faith, the church, and the naming of a demon in it, so I suppose there is always that small possibility as well (although I think someone hinted at some point that the odds of The Conjuring were rather slim).

10 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I thought it was The Thing... but then they brought up faith and churches which kinda threw me off. I also joked about it being The Preacher for the next 5 years since it's another AMC show. After seeing The Conjuring 2, there was a lot of talk about faith, the church, and the naming of a demon in it, so I suppose there is always that small possibility as well (although I think someone hinted at some point that the odds of The Conjuring were rather slim).

There is no one who wants a Preacher house more than me.

1 hour ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Preacher feels like a possibility, but just based off the first 3 episodes, the only super Horror Nights scene I saw was the opening of Episode 2. 

Yeah, I'm in the camp that Conjuring ain't coming this year. Sorta shocking considering the James Wan connection and the bank and reception it's received, as well as Insidious's reception as a house last year (Similar paranormal vibes). But there's more against it in Orlando at this point it seems.

7 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Preacher feels like a possibility, but just based off the first 3 episodes, the only super Horror Nights scene I saw was the opening of Episode 2. 

Yeah, I'm in the camp that Conjuring ain't coming this year. Sorta shocking considering the James Wan connection and the bank and reception it's received, as well as Insidious's reception as a house last year (Similar paranormal vibes). But there's more against it in Orlando at this point it seems.

What is what is it that would be keeping it from coming?

22 hours ago, N i c k said:

So I must ask, was your "chance" intentional or just a happy accident?

I actually had heard early on and dismissed it. I didn't hear nearly as much detail as some others because I was trying to say info free. I had pretty much dismissed an ICON outright but I wasn't actually checking too hard to find out. Then I heard it again that day when I actually started poking around. So, while I didn't actually mean it, Maybe I did subconsciously. I actually do that a lot. Even when I don't say anything if I know something my thought process shifts. Make me not very good at secrets I guess. :P

It was a nice surprise to me as well that we were getting an icon. Because early on I heard no icon and left it at that.

• Like 1