Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

I think a stage show with Chance is going to happen. I think this because

1. How well received last year's stage show was.

2. How this year seems based around theater (the hhn banner with the Greek theater faces above it, the website saying she's creating a "surreal theater of madness")

3. Perhaps since people have complained so much about the "newer" original icons not getting enough stuff in-park, they are really stepping it up with her getting a bunch.

• Like 2

This is probably not relevant but I don't know where else to ask it. I am hoping to be a scare actor at some point(I'm still years away from being old enough) but I love the event. If you are cast as a scare actor in a house or scare zone, is it possible to be able to still go through houses and experience the event during breaks and such?

8 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

It would almost be cliche if they used it because of our known icon. But I suppose it's appropriate.

On a side note, I'm going to go on a little rant here:

Chance, an A&D creation, is NOT a TV/Movie junkie to my knowledge. If the entire event is supposed to be dreams/thoughts in her head, why isn't she coming up with her own ORIGINAL twisted/disgusting thoughts to base the event around, instead of stuff that already exists? I get that half of it will be original, but if you're going with that storyline, the whole event should be original.

Chance's first year at the event (07) had 5 IPs. 

I think it's safe to assume she knows TV/Movies. 

Posted too soon. 

As for that FB page, I am almost positive they used a screenshot I posted of a survey in 2014 to bolster P&T rumors. I commented on the article with my screenshot and the date I posted it to show it was indeed an old survey. They never responded, and to my knowledge, never corrected their article. I can't say the screenshot was definitely mine since it wasn't watermarked, but it looked identical. 

As for AHS, it has 5 seasons worth of material, and a 6th season announcing a theme soon. While there were issues in the past, we know Uni has attempted to get it previously. It's a fair piece of spec, but spec is how I see it. 

*I think my phone's autocorrect despises me. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the event, but the make-up artist who created this also has ties to HHN.

I am not sure if this is how the original Treaks & Foons look (I thought they had a larger smile) but I think it would be awesome to see them back at the event. Especially if they could recreate the original SZ.

More AHS thoughts:

Here are the reasons we've heard for why AHS can't happen:

1 TWD & AHS can't coexist 

2 AHS wants equal or top billing

3 Fox is difficult to work with

4 Murphy is difficult to work with

My thoughts on those reasons:

1 They aren't competing shows. This doesn't make sense. 

2 Plausible

3 Plausible, but Uni and Fox have a working relationship with the Simpsons

4 Plausible

Spec:

1 Isn't an issue

2 TWD was announced, but isn't being marketed (not listed onsite)

3 With a working relationship with Fox, Uni may be able to work something out

4 I remember reading that Murphy tends to lose interest and get distracted by the newest "shiny thing"

Opinion:

AHS is a plausible spec. 

10 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

This is probably not relevant but I don't know where else to ask it. I am hoping to be a scare actor at some point(I'm still years away from being old enough) but I love the event. If you are cast as a scare actor in a house or scare zone, is it possible to be able to still go through houses and experience the event during breaks and such?

Yup. Not on breaks, since you'll be in make-up and such (and trust me, you'll want to do nothing but chill out and decompress on those breaks), but if you're an early cast you can go in after your shift ends and you can also go to the event for free on your nights off. The perks of even being a seasonal TM are pretty great.

I'm extremely pleased with the decision to go with Chance. As a woman whose body type is...not Disney Princess-built, I love Chance because no matter who's playing her, she's not skinny. She's not FAT, but she's definitely got curves. So despite the rantings of some HHN fans, there are many, many women who appreciate this. I'm obviously also excited to learn more about her backstory, too.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ecto_Freak said:

Doc does a lot of stuff on the side... He does not post anything his working on for HHN til its been announced.. 

I've know David since he was a member on HHNVault

I just thought it was interesting, and somewhat resembled T&F.. I know Uni would not be happy if he publicly displayed his work for HHN.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Chance's first year at the event (07) had 5 IPs. 

I think it's safe to assume she knows TV/Movies. 

Posted too soon. 

As for that FB page, I am almost positive they used a screenshot I posted of a survey in 2014 to bolster P&T rumors. I commented on the article with my screenshot and the date I posted it to show it was indeed an old survey. They never responded, and to my knowledge, never corrected their article. I can't say the screenshot was definitely mine since it wasn't watermarked, but it looked identical. 

As for AHS, it has 5 seasons worth of material, and a 6th season announcing a theme soon. While there were issues in the past, we know Uni has attempted to get it previously. It's a fair piece of spec, but spec is how I see it. 

*I think my phone's autocorrect despises me. 

Is there any direct correlation to her being a film/tv fanatic? I can understand that for the sake of the Director or Usher, but to call the event her "fever dream" and it includes a bunch of IP's that are not hers seems misleading.

Also, Chances first year was the same year that Texas Chainsaw was featured. Maybe she went into the house and it stuck with her? This is a deranged woman. You have to believe that, as a child or young adult, she watched a ton of horror movies. I honestly think they are going to tie them all together...at least loosely. 

I think the coolest thing they could do would be to hide a jack-in-the-box inside each house and zone. They could easily sneak them into houses without most people knowing. Everything we see outside of her house is taking place inside her mind. Would not be a far reach for her to "dream up" something Jack related in each location. 

The 'announcements' page of the website has some pretty good stuff on it about the houses thus far. And after reading through them, I realize the walking dead is newer (the show obviously, not the house -___-) but the fact they're doing Exorcist and the original TCM is interesting to me instead of doing a more recent TCM installment or something.

The articles written from A&D about the houses are really cool. Especially the Exorcist one. They basically talk about how to make a whole house out of a movie where the majority of the action takes place in one bedroom. 

I remember some of the old houses from my first few years attending that were IPs (The Mummy, Pitch Black, etc.) that had some pretty stretching rooms. They weren't akin to the Halloween house where we were able to essentially walk through a scene by scene remake of the film.  So given the fact that the Exocist doesn't have a lot of material to it aside from that room, it would not come as a surprise to me that universal would choose another IP that may seem to us like there's not a lot of material to use. I'm really excited to see what they do with it.

I wouldn't believe so. The reason why HHN in 2001 had to change so much was because there was a nationwide reaction due to the tragic events that year, and since it was an unprecedented incident at the time, even more so. Not only that, but it also happened extremely near the time of HHN. As terrible as it is, it's not compared to the events of 2001 where everything has to be changed because of it.

Edited by RockinSight

It just seemed likely to me since Universal is so close. Under 9 miles from where it happened. If I was staying in Portifino with a dog, the dog would have heard gunshots. That's why I thought it would be likely but I guess there is no way to do much about some of the IPs like TCM

2 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Nothing should change, nothing needs to change. If you change it you're letting terrorists win. HHN should do NOTHING.

I myself agree with that statement. I hate violence in real life, but love and relish the opportunity to see some good Texas BBQ and hope nothing gets cut.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Nothing should change, nothing needs to change. If you change it you're letting terrorists win. HHN should do NOTHING.

As horrible as today's events were, HHN won't change. It only changed in 2001 because of how it effected everybody around the world and because it was so close to opening day. Granted the event didn't start as early back in 2001 but this year that awful day is only 5 days from opening night. 

I can totally see both Disney and Universal doubling their community service efforts though. They need to show support for the community that has treated them so well to help them through this awful time. 

2001 was a very different event that occurred within 30 days of opening. If it DOES effect it at all this year, we would never know it because nothing has been fully revealed yet. 

That said, I think this conversation can move on to a happier discussion.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Legacy said:

2001 was a very different event that occurred within 30 days of opening. If it DOES effect it at all this year, we would never know it because nothing has been fully revealed yet. 

That said, I think this conversation can move on to a happier discussion.

Agreed. I will say that the Tony awards this evening (for any of you other theatre kids out there) actually removed the prop guns from one of the performances tonight in respect, but again that's the day of type thing. I'm sure the walking dead will have similar weaponry in the house, and can only hope that events like this won't muddy the free speech and entertainment that makes America great.

Now, with that said, has there been any real timeline to compare to for new announcements? I would have to assume that since tickets are now on sale, announcements will come quicker, giving reasons to actually attend an event for what you know will be there. I usually don't follow announcement timelines as closely as I have this year, that's just my perception I suppose.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAYXDUBS said:

Now, with that said, has there been any real timeline to compare to for new announcements? I would have to assume that since tickets are now on sale, announcements will come quicker, giving reasons to actually attend an event for what you know will be there. I usually don't follow announcement timelines as closely as I have this year, that's just my perception I suppose.

The thing is, we are somewhat limited on what CAN be announced right now:

• Remaining 2 Originals & Scarezones (Will likely be announced all together in August as they usually are)
  • 3 IP's

Problem with the IP's is that based on Hollywood's leaked list, we still are sharing what seems to be at least 2 of those IP's with them, third one's sorta iffy at this point. And John Murdy (Hollywood Creative Director) has stated they can't (or won't, don't know the exact situation) announce anything until their TWD Attraction opens, which is July 4th. So unless there is one IP we aren't sharing or they actually get the originals / scarezones combo out early this year, we may have another bit of a wait ahead. Or Murdy changes his mind, which is also certainly possible.

In terms of scarezones, the only IP zone I could think of this year possibly makes more sense to announce in July anyway.

• Like 1