Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

Hello,

Long time lurker on these forums... Had to join and post after the reveal today. Chance... meh... glad we have an icon but not necessarily glad it's Chance. The real shock for me is the ticket prices! My husband and I come over from England each year for the event (I've been hooked since I first when in 07) and it costs us a small fortune just getting over to Orlando. We usually get FFP+Express but this year we will be getting FFP... so I think some of the express lines may well thin out! What I'd like to know if anyone has an idea, is how much it is to purchase express for a single night, say a Wednesday? I am sure last year they were selling them at the gate pretty cheap.

• Like 2

Someone over at OU made a graph showing the breakdown of pricing per day value. Rush of Fear with Express is by far the worst value per day at $27.27 as opposed to the best deal Frequent Fear Plus at only $4.12 per day. The Ultimate FF with Express ends up being only $19.35 a day. I feel like I'm kinda getting hosed with the RoF with Express, but unfortunately there really is no other option for me. There is no way I'm waiting in the regular lines when there is another option available. I expect that each year there will be price increases, but over a 36% increase on a popular ticket option? 

I believe ticket prices at the gate aren't discounted.

By the way, Mike said it's "It's been a while since we've had a good female icon to grab this event by the throat...It's about damn time."

Disgusting pandering.

* HHN 18 - Bloody Mary

* HHN 19 - Usher

* HHN 20 - Fear

* HHN 21 - Lady Luck

* HHN 25 - Jack

* HHN 26 - Chance

So female, male, male, female, male, female. If they're saying "Well it's been a # of years since it, it's about damn time" implying that was anyone but their "fault."

Garbage post, seriously.

I checked last years pricing on rof with express, aph discount was only $11.00 cheaper.

Rush of Fear Pass

Get admission to Halloween Horror Nights on all event nights during the first 10 nights for $72.99 per person (plus tax). Upgrade to Rush of Fear Pass + HHN Express Pass for $208.99 per person (plus tax). Valid on:
September 18, 19, 24, 25, 26, 27
October 1, 2, 3, 4 this is aph pricing.

this was general pricing,

Rush of Fear Pass

Get admission to Halloween Horror Nights on all event nights during the first 10 nights for $83.99 per person (plus tax). Upgrade to Rush of Fear Pass + HHN Express Pass for $219.99 per person (plus tax). Valid on:
September 18, 19, 24, 25, 26, 27
October 1, 2, 3, 4

Edited by traveller

Y'all being way too critical on critical. :lol: I'm not sure if you guys have been around long enough to know his style (Not talking about Jeremy, he knows what's up) but it's in his NAME. lol

I don't always agree with him but I love him like family, because that's what we are here... a big dysfunctional family lol

Just like Legacy, he makes good points and you might not like the way he says stuff but dang it he's usually right. lol

Edited by Merlin
Adding last bit
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Merlin said:

Y'all being way too critical on critical. :lol: I'm not sure if you guys have been around long enough to know his style (Not talking about Jeremy, he knows what's up) but it's in his NAME. lol

I don't always agree with him but I love him like family, because that's what we are here... a big dysfunctional family lol

I think he had been too optimistic here and there recently so we all forgot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Merlin said:

Love goes all around. It's like people don't hear me gloat over the good stuff but only hear me (because they want to) when I'm critical. Frankly, outside of opinion stuff I don't think I'm that off. Hell, my wishlist post here was very well received.  With this announcement we're getting "Meh, it's good enough," when it clearly falls short of what they could be doing. Now Mike's tweeting pandering gender garbage when it makes no logical sense.

Appreciate your post.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 2

With their attempt to price people out of the express option they're only going to make the regular lines even worse than what they already are. I'm already starting to feel bad for those poor souls who will be standing there all night.

"Now Mike's tweeting pandering gender garbage when it makes no logical sense."

I'm telling you... It's Hillary brainwashing.

Still can't book Unmasking the Horror Tours through the website (without a vacation package)?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

1 minute ago, criticalanalysis said:

I'm glad they're pricing it higher. Revenue will stay the same with less people. Kicks annoying people out and decreases lines.

Hopefully it will decrease the foot traffic we get. I mean, last year was a big year (more or less because it was "25" years) which would have generated more people coming to the event. Especially using Jack as bait for more loyal people getting tired of the IP's and WDx4.

What I'm trying to say is last year was sooooo busy. My wife and I got express and still waited a good chunk of time in line (worse than previous years) and we went during what's been normally a "slow" day. When wait times late September on a Thursday go over 120 (or over 60 for that matter for that time of year)... it's too much. Praise be to EP and the glorious hole it makes in my pocket lol!

We still waited 40 minutes in EP line for Insidious last year.

Zones were congested and assholes abundant. Just ready for less crowds!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

I'm glad they're pricing it higher. Revenue will stay the same with less people. Kicks annoying people out and decreases lines.

there better be some upside to me paying an additional $160 for tickets. But doing it in the reg lines isnt an option. I fly down from IL. Its an expensive trip already I guess but damn $300 might be my limit. Hopefully it stays there for SEVERAL years. 

Just now, PeoriaBJJ said:

there better be some upside to me paying an additional $160 for tickets. But doing it in the reg lines isnt an option. I fly down from IL. Its an expensive trip already I guess but damn $300 might be my limit. Hopefully it stays there for SEVERAL years. 

If it sells just as well, it will raise in price again next year. That is just the reality of it.

Yes, pricing people out of express - although we noticed last year everywhere we turned we were being told to 'buy express' (we already had the ROF+Express) Do you think they might be hoping to put people off buying the ROF+express and FFP+ express to try and sell more express on each night? I can imagine a few people deciding to buy regular tickets because of the price increases, turning up, seeing the lines and going to express on the night.

Believe it or not... I think I see what he means about it being similar. They obviously don't look alike at 1st glance, but when you really look harder it comes through. For instance, if you take the frowny faced guy off this year's and move the other face to the center it sorta looks like Jack with no hair or teeth. If you look on the inside to the right of this year's version there is a chain which almost looks like the saw blade from last year. The outer framework or borders of both are sorta similar once you tweak the colors and angles just a little and take off the lights from last years. Like he mentions, last years version looked more like a sign, while this year isn't sign-like but more like an empty mirror frame or a warped picture frame (theatre moldings). The Halloween Horror Nights font is the same as far as I can tell. Universal Orlando is different though and the number logos are definitely different. Both have black in the background, however this year's has the padded room in the back which is really the only big difference to me that separates them. Oh yeah... and this year's has some sort of disclaimer at the bottom. (hopefully a warning about the possibility of getting dehydration while waiting in the lines this year).

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

I think it's obvious CriticalAnalysis get's his jollies off annoying the hell out of people with his crybaby attitude.  Maybe if we ignore him, he'll go away.  

Anywho, I love the 26 logo.  Obviously looks like a mirror, with comedy and tragedy skulls.  Makes me think she's going to have a splintered personality that is going to play out.  Would be cool if one personality was the game playing version we've seen before...and the other side was just an all out evil and mean version.  Not talking a Lady Luck face transformation, but just an attitude/personality switch.

I know we're going to have the reality vs performance issues she's dealing with from the announcement, but would be cool to have a schizophrenic murderous dual personality arc as well.  Something like in the show have her toy with some victims and just ravage others in savage and violent ways.  If she thinks it's a performance, she toys with her victims.  If she thinks it's real life she feels threatened and her fight or flight syndrome kicks in and she just goes to town in a brutal way.  

I personally always find that compelling in movies (Joe Pesci in Goodfellas) and TV shows (Tony in the Sopranos).  That viciousness just below the surface is terrifying and would be a good counterbalance to her playfulness.  It makes her "normal" or "playful" self all the more unnerving as you know the other personality is just a split second away.

• Like 4

I'm on the fence about the announcement of Chance. I don't hate the character at all, but it does feel a little overused already. I guess that's just because she's tied with Jack, who I would be happy giving up on for at least another ten years. im wondering if Jack will be making some sort of appearance, in her maze or something.

Regarding the above posts about the logo/banner, I actually really like the comedy and tragedy masks at the top. I love that the two eyes on the inside have Chance's diamond makeup look on them.

finally, I was looking through threads to see if there was a meet-up or discussion type thing for those auditioning for scareactors... This'll be my first year auditioning, and I know returning scareactors get their own separate auditions. Just curious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAYXDUBS said:

I'm on the fence about the announcement of Chance. I don't hate the character at all, but it does feel a little overused already. I guess that's just because she's tied with Jack, who I would be happy giving up on for at least another ten years. im wondering if Jack will be making some sort of appearance, in her maze or something.

Regarding the above posts about the logo/banner, I actually really like the comedy and tragedy masks at the top. I love that the two eyes on the inside have Chance's diamond makeup look on them.

finally, I was looking through threads to see if there was a meet-up or discussion type thing for those auditioning for scareactors... This'll be my first year auditioning, and I know returning scareactors get their own separate auditions. Just curious.

The reunion auditions happened about 10 days ago. 

Edited by marmoset

18 minutes ago, marmoset said:

The reunion auditions happened about 10 days ago. 

Yeah, I know. That's what I mean, I'm sure most people on here that work are returning. Just checking to see if there's any other newbs going in.

• Like 2