Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

You're nitpicking dude. Sorry but I just don't see it. You obviously don't like Chance... or... women apparently 0.o

But this is A&D attempting to make corporate and fans happy. I applaud them.

• Like 11

I'm still bummed that they tossed the Crow concept.

Obviously they felt the need to use a female icon since we're more than likely going to have our 1st female President. Being a woman is really the trendy thing this year. And... As mentioned before, there is the release of Suicide Squad which looks to be quite awesome. 

1 hour ago, criticalanalysis said:

I do, but this is awful. I legitimately think the Creative team are playing it FAR too safe. She's:

1) Not scary

2) It's a complete rehash of last year just with a girl

3) Thematically it even looks identical to last year

4) Awful costume design with an unattractive actress

You're insane.  Truly.  Unattractive actress??  Says who? YOU?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

As they say, opinions are like assholes...   But you can sometimes give me a headache, dude.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

You're insane.  Truly.  Unattractive actress??  Says who? YOU?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

As they say, opinions are like assholes...   But you can sometimes give me a headache, dude.

C'mon... You honestly can look at that outfit and say it couldn't have possibly been done better? We all know critical is hard to please, but he's right in that regard, that outfit is pretty weak.

Like you say though, opinions are like assholes.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

I'm VERY excited by this development as I was hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst with no Icon.  I don't follow the backstory and stuff as much as everybody else (THANKS for the writeup JDW!), but just to have a "face of the event" versus the "top 3 IPs" is always appreciated.  I also loved last year's show, so having an Icon gives me a ton of hopes for another one this year!

Also allows me to throw out, yet again, how much I LOVED the projection technology for Acid Assault and hope they take that to the next level.  I want buildings to periodically be encased in a strong white light to make them look porcelain, then start to crack with breaking porcelain sounds, and then break apart and then have have Chance emerge laughing (all done by projection of course) and saying something or whatever.  Or the house breaking apart and then her as a porcelain doll spinning on a carousel laughing.  You get the point. 

It would be an awesome way to interject her into the streets, as the real actress, and tell some of the backstory to people not in the know.

The show could do the same with a big white/fake porcelean chance....play some dancing around music, project it cracking apart and fogging up (as it slides through a trap door) and then Chance comes skipping out of the fog for her reveal.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Yes, says me, and I would venture to say 90% of the people would say they could've picked a far more attractive (and thus more horrific in a way I can't describe) actress.  Not sure why you're laughing at my opinion.

When that thing pops out for me, the "scary" Chance "icon" (weak) I'm going to think it's an overweight sorority girl who is trying too hard to look sexy/scary on Halloween when she got her costume from Hot Topic.

Edited by criticalanalysis

Yeah truly hideous. :rolleyes:

Matter of opinion I guess. I always thought she was attractive. Doesn't really matter though she is a good actress and has a ton of makeup on her face. Not really sure what her attractiveness has to do with her ability to scare. Do men have to be attractive as well to be icons? She is an accredited actor and has been on some popular TV shows.

I'm not gonna argue with you anymore as I cannot see your point in the slightest. Am I happy they reuse? eh. But are they trying? Yep. and really I liked the reveal and the concepts so that's that

• Like 9

Just a friendly reminder, let's please try to refrain from the following.

1. Calling members, staff or employees of Universal names.

2. Don't degrade members, staff, or employees of Universal.

Opinions of the event, park, and theme are welcomed but please keep it in a mature non-degrading manner.  

Thanks.

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Yes, says me, and I would venture to say 90% of the people would say they could've picked a far more attractive (and thus more horrific in a way I can't describe) actress.  Not sure why you're laughing at my opinion.

When that thing pops out for me, the "scary" Chance "icon" (weak) I'm going to think it's an overweight sorority girl who is trying too hard to look sexy/scary on Halloween when she got her costume from Hot Topic.

Man, I'd love to see the girls criticialanalysis is pulling on a daily basis.

Great reveal - icon with a unique twist on a story we know and love. BRING IT ON!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mz_ said:

Just a friendly reminder, let's please try to refrain from the following.

Opinions of the event, park, and theme are welcomed but please keep it in a mature non-degrading manner.  

Thanks.

How do you suggest I comment on their looks if I genuinely believe it does affect the perception of the actress in her role?

1 minute ago, criticalanalysis said:

How do you suggest I comment on their looks if I genuinely believe it does affect the perception of the actress in her role?

I'm fine with - Not scary, makeup could be better, outfit could be better.  Not fine with just calling the actress unattractive, that comes across as she personally is rather than her costumed look.

No warning, no foul.. just a reminder.   Carry on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

lol

$599.99 for Ultimate Frequent Fear with Express!

How did you get to that website? I shouldn't have to dig to have the ability to purchase tickets. Why haven't they updated their main page with that info? 

I saw a screenshot of the ticket site on twitter and that is how I found it. I couldn't figure out how to get to it from Universal's site.

Does anyone remember how much ROF + Express was last year? I know I definitely did not pay $300.

3 minutes ago, N i c k said:

I saw a screenshot of the ticket site on twitter and that is how I found it. I couldn't figure out how to get to it from Universal's site.

Does anyone remember how much ROF + Express was last year? I know I definitely did not pay $300.

Don't want to steal anybody's posts, so here's a link to the original and then only a partial copy of what they have there.  They break down every single ticket.

http://forums.orlandounited.com/threads/hhn-26-ticket-rip-tours-and-pass-information.10011/page-6

General Admission: $101.99/$104.99 (Up $3 this year)
Rush of Fear: $83.99/$91.99 (Up $8 this year)
Rush of Fear Express: $219.99/$299.99 (Up $80 this year!)
Frequent Fear: $94.99/$102.99 (Up $8 this year)
Frequent Fear Express: $234.99/$319.99 (Up $85 this year!)
Frequent Fear Plus: $110.99/$118.99 (Up $8 this year)
Frequent Fear Plus Express: $279.99/$399.99 (Up $120 this year!!!!!)
Ultimate Fear: $200 (New)
Ultimate Fear Express: $600 (New)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, marc said:

Was gonna do Rush of Fear Express this year but that's a huge price jump. Hopefully the Passholder pricing will be a bit better.

I'm hoping the higher express cost has that affect on others too :) 

The Express lines are getting a little crazy.  Not belittling you or anybody else for not wanting to pay the money or anything, but I fly down for 4 nights so the money is still well worth it to me.  If I lived in Orlando, I'd just go with the new every night of the event pass for $100 LESS and go whenever I felt like it and just walk out if the lines were too long.  It would be really nice to not feel like i absolutely have to do every house every night.

Hell, we usually only do the parks once during the day, but buy the $220 7 day ticket just so we can get in the holding pens to hammer out 3 houses as soon as the event opens and then save the expresses for those houses for later in the night.

Looking at 208 dollars plus tax, parking, and express x 2 (Which I have no idea how much that costs). Yeah it's pricey. Hope it doesn't get so expensive I can't go. I dropped my AP pass partly because of the price. Even though I said I refuse to do express, it is ludicrous not to anymore. unless you enjoy being miserable.

Just now, Oysterhead00 said:

I'm hoping the higher express cost has that affect on others too :) 

The Express lines are getting a little crazy.  Not belittling you or anybody else for not wanting to pay the money or anything, but I fly down for 4 nights so the money is still well worth it to me.  If I lived in Orlando, I'd just go with the new every night of the event pass for $100 LESS and go whenever I felt like it and just walk out if the lines were too long.  It would be really nice to not feel like i absolutely have to do every house every night.

Hell, we usually only do the parks once during the day, but buy the $220 7 day ticket just so we can get in the holding pens to hammer out 3 houses as soon as the event opens and then save the expresses for those houses for later in the night.

I mostly agree with your sentiment. While I am not traveling nearly as far, I had every intention to buy the ROF+Express no matter the cost,(within reason, whatever I justify in my head that is) and I am hopeful this thins out the express lines. 

Yeah... The more I think on it, the more I realize how semi-ridiculous that price increase is. An $80 increase in price for RoF with Express is a huge increase percent-wise (over 36%)  over the course of just 1 year. It looks like they really have decided to milk this event for every penny. With that much of a hike, they better put out top notch quality for every house and scare zone this year. 

2 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Yeah... The more I think on it, the more I realize how semi-ridiculous that price increase is. An $80 increase in price for RoF with Express is a huge increase percent-wise (over 36%)  over the course of just 1 year. It looks like they really have decided to milk this event for every penny. With that much of a hike, they better put out top notch quality for every house and scare zone this year. 

The regular RoF only went up $8...less than $1 per day it's valid for which is decent.  The express is really just for lazy @$$holes like me and my friends.  I think that's great as it doesn't really price people out of the event since the express isn't mandatory.  Like the new Yankee stadium raised tickets for the bleachers by like $14 (about 150% increase) per ticket when they moved into the new stadium.  The seats behind homeplate?  Well, they went up by $2,700 (1,000% increase).  That's good business to put the majority of the increase burden on the luxury tickets.

• Like 1