Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

I must also be slow... It says frequent fear pass tickets are on sale, but I don't see them on the main site yet. Is that an error?

"Our amazing line-up of houses and scare zones—drawn from movies, TV shows, "

TV Shows... plural... hmmm??? 

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mels Oughta Be In Pictures said:

How does it feel to always be sad? I hope you smile once in a while 

I do, but this is awful. I legitimately think the Creative team are playing it FAR too safe. She's:

1) Not scary

2) It's a complete rehash of last year just with a girl

3) Thematically it even looks identical to last year

4) Awful costume design with an unattractive actress

Edited by criticalanalysis

Love the reveal. Well done. Great cinematography. but... I think they stole the light from my show lol. JK I'm sure it coincidence.

It's nice to have another female icon sure she is reused but. A.) it's an icon. B.) she gets a house & a zone c.) they are playing up her stay in the asylum/prison not the clown aspect.

It's an obvious cash grab for the Harley/suicide squad popularity. But it works and it's a theme again. Good job

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

I do, but this is awful. I legitimately think the Creative team are playing it FAR too safe. She's:

1) Not scary

2) It's a complete rehash of last year just with a girl

3) Thematically it even looks identical to last year

4) Awful costume design with an unattractive actress

I sorta agree, but I'll give it a chance.

On point #4 though, he is definitely right. The design and color choices were pretty awful. The turquoise just looks bad in my opinion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JDW said:

Love the reveal. Well done. Great cinematography. but... I think they stole the light from my show lol. JK I'm sure it coincidence.

It's nice to have another female icon sure she is reused but. A.) it's an icon. B.) she gets a house & a show c.) they are playing up her stay in the asylum/prison not the clown aspect.

It's an obvious cash grab for the Harley/suicide squad popularity. But it works and it's a theme again. Good job

Zone. Show is unconfirmed (if happening).

6 minutes ago, JDW said:

31898.jpg

lol

$599.99 for Ultimate Frequent Fear with Express!

How did you get to that website? I shouldn't have to dig to have the ability to purchase tickets. Why haven't they updated their main page with that info? 

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

14 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

lol

$599.99 for Ultimate Frequent Fear with Express!

How did you get to that website?

I... uh.. clicked the link Nick posted. well the Ultimate FFP is every night with express. No thanks. I'm burnt out after 1 or 2 visits.

Dates show 16th and 17th.. maybe I'm out of it but are we starting THAT early this year?

CkhZ0cNXIAIMd6u.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JDW said:

I... uh.. clicked the link Nick posted. well the Ultimate FFP is every night with express. No thanks. I'm burnt out after 1 or 2 visits.

Dates show 16th and 17th.. maybe I'm out of it but are we starting THAT early this year?

It's been known for months that we are starting on the 16th. 

Dear Lord that price tag.

Also, glad to see everyone again. Been out of the loop for a bit but we have a new baby DAUGHTER! Woooohoooo!

I'm also very tired. lol

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Badge said:

It's been known for months that we are starting on the 16th. 

Wow I'm out of the loop.

1 minute ago, Merlin said:

Dear Lord that price tag.

Also, glad to see everyone again. Been out of the loop for a bit but we have a new baby DAUGHTER! Woooohoooo!

I'm also very tired. lol

Congrats! I also have a baby daughter (going on 3 now) I feel your pain with the lack of sleep :P

My opinions on the reveal:

• Not as much focus on the clown / circus aspects as I was anticipating. Very happy about this.
  • A house / scarezone combo is the best treatment an icon's gotten since Bloody Mary I believe. (Usher just had his house, Fear & Luck just had zones, Jack had a house and show but his house wasn't even necessarily themed to him, as the title stated, he presented Monsters & Mayhem). Would it be safe to assume the house is in Shrek, based on what we know?
  • I'm actually interested in the story somewhat. (Though I am intrigued to how they actually got Jack back in the Jack-In-The-Box.) (Also, I guess The Lantern aspect is somewhat kaput?)
  • Love that logo.

So you know what, hats off to Universal. If this is a sign of growing even closer back to the "original" icon days, then I'm certainly excited to see what's next.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Honestly I'm pretty pissed about this. 

IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS LAST YEAR. It is by far the LAZIEST thing I've ever seen of HHN in all of its years.

How is it the same?

This year, Chance will step into the spotlight as the star of the nation’s best Halloween event. Universal Studios Florida will become her stage – where she will take guests on a journey inside her twisted mind as she struggles with what is performance vs. what is real.

Different costume, no jack, playing on the fantasy vs reality... In fact it is retconning Sindy's original story. You want 2002.. THIS is the original story from 2002! Granted it's Chance but it's a way to appease the fanboys and the GP alike.

• Like 8