Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

Okay, real talk.

For the most part, those who are "in the know" compare notes quite often. I do it, others do it. It's how we confirm stuff for ourselves and each other. I'll admit, I need it more than others because I do not have any direct connections with Universal people who know. This can cause a bit of an echo chamber because, again for the most part, most of us don't know who sources information for each other. One source could be giving the same information to the same people, who are talking to each other, and actually confirming nothing. It's like when someone post an idea on one website, another website repeats the idea, then the original site takes their posting as confirmation. It's important to know that context.

TWD being in a soundstage threw me, and others, for a bit of a loop. I think an echo chamber formed on the location aspect of our information. As a result, I started asking a lot of questions. And all I got from it was more questions. So in the interest of transparency, I want to categorize my confidence in my list. Everything I was sure on, I'm not so sure anymore.

This year has gotten VERY interesting.

100% Confident

The announced (Exorcist)

The announced: Second coming (TCM)

The Announced: The returning (TWD)

90% Confident 

The unannounced: The return (Parade)

The unannounced: Claustrophic jewel

75% Confident 

The unannounced: The expected 

The unannounced: The requeling 

No effing clue

The unknown 

Shall not be named

• Like 1

To theorize based upon every that has been laid out, I believe (And I have no sources.):

• Walking Dead has switched with "The Expected", sending that to Tent 3 while TWD takes the SS spot.
  • The Exorcist has switched with "The Requeling", sending that to opposite TWD, while Exorcist goes into 22.

That's just a theory. Upon all that's been given, that's what I got out of everything. 

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

Okay, real talk.

For the most part, those who are "in the know" compare notes quite often. I do it, others do it. It's how we confirm stuff for ourselves and each other. I'll admit, I need it more than others because I do not have any direct connections with Universal people who know. This can cause a bit of an echo chamber because, again for the most part, most of us don't know who sources information for each other. One source could be giving the same information to the same people, who are talking to each other, and actually confirming nothing. It's like when someone post an idea on one website, another website repeats the idea, then the original site takes their posting as confirmation. It's important to know that context.

Shall not be named

So does this mean it should now be called "unknown" as well or does the "shall not be named" still somehow match with whatever info you have at your disposal?

OK, since we are being honest....

Everyone is saying 3rd tent but...

My original information was for a second parade building. 79B

With a lot of help by mystique on permits... It seems this may be the more logical location. There IS a permit for a tent but it's price does not sound remotely like it is a house at 50.00 (Mystique can correct me if I 'm wrong but a typical permit is 200-650 in price). At the same time, I think we would notice another building by now... However. A tent could cover the floats to free up the rest of the parade building. It all is kind of confusing but maybe two houses in the single parade.

I have, however had a lot more confirmation on the second parade building. Not 100% at all Legacy is right... there is a bit of an echo chamber. I have a lot of diverse sources but at the same time, no one really knows who gets what from where. It's kind of the Game of Thrones of HHN. More just intuition on who can be trusted and who is blowing smoke but there are surprises every year.

All that said, I'm leaning more towards the new building or the tent for the floats as THAT would fix the problem with the IP that was ousted (read as never really there ) in 24B.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

So does this mean it should now be called "unknown" as well or does the "shall not be named" still somehow match with whatever info you have at your disposal?

Well... I'll say I know what Shall Not Be Named is. Whether it's actually happening or not is what I don't know anymore. There's another house I had heard was coming that ISN'T on my list. Maybe I should come up with a code name for that one...

Edit

So, here's the other house's code name:

Branded Hash

• Like 4

JDW is right about the price ranges. 

Currently, the permit for the new tent has been invoiced and a fire permit has already been pulled. The fact that the permit has been invoiced has removed the fees from the site. It was $50 previously though. 

What I take from that price ($50) is that the permit was only for the tent being erected. That price would not include the building of a house. We would most likely see or need another permit for the actual construction of the house. 

Why do I think this? Commercial permits aren't flat fees. There are flat fees associated with it, but the cost varies based on the cost of the actual project. A permit for say Kong costs more than a permit for a house. 

Last year, Universal began construction of a new warehouse (Universal Studios B79B). Recently, the plumbing permits for that warehouse were pulled. It is believed to be located behind MiB/Tents. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2016 at 8:31 PM, Legacy said:

Well... I'll say I know what Shall Not Be Named is. Whether it's actually happening or not is what I don't know anymore. There's another house I had heard was coming that ISN'T on my list. Maybe I should come up with a code name for that one...

Edit

Branded Hash

Would it contain armor?

On June 3, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Legacy said:

Edit

Branded Hash

I don't know why, but with all the IPs coming out, it's making me think back to all the IPs in recent history, so with Branded Hash, it sounds like Burnt Mess.. I.e. Freddy? :,-)

7 hours ago, JAYXDUBS said:

I don't know why, but with all the IPs coming out, it's making me think back to all the IPs in recent history, so with Branded Hash, it sounds like Burnt Mess.. I.e. Freddy? :,-)

Nah... This code (which again is for a house I heard several months ago that was replaced with Shall Not Be Named) is more direct.

"Branded" = IP

"Hash" = short for rehash 

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

Nah... This code (which again is for a house I heard several months ago that was replaced with Shall Not Be Named) is more direct.

"Branded" = IP

"Hash" = short for rehash 

When I 1st saw the clue, I thought maybe that it could have been AHS or Scream. My thought was that maybe you were referring to Universal and someone hashing out a new deal to get the house.

I really see no reason why Scream would need to be a megahouse though, assuming that was in fact the right clue choice for the megahouse.

On 6/3/2016 at 7:31 PM, Legacy said:

Edit

Branded Hash

American Horror Story as the mega then?  I mean, I consider hash to be a mix of things - so mixing multiple seasons in the AHS brand?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

American Horror Story as the mega then?  I mean, I consider hash to be a mix of things - so mixing multiple seasons in the AHS brand?

I'm thinking Shall Not Be Named is the mega/uber/super/duper house. Branded Has is another house I heard that I don't actually think is happening.

45 minutes ago, Legacy said:

I'm thinking Shall Not Be Named is the mega/uber/super/duper house. Branded Has is another house I heard that I don't actually think is happening.

I'm a little confused... So what would Branded replace on the list if it were to happen, or are you saying there could be (although unlikely) a 10th house?

Just now, ThNdIzNiR said:

I'm a little confused... So what would Branded replace on the list if it were to happen, or are you saying there could be (although unlikely) a 10th house?

Branded Hash was a house I heard a while back that was replaced by Shall Not. I don't think Hash is coming, but anything is possible at this point.

2 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Branded Hash was a house I heard a while back that was replaced by Shall Not. I don't think Hash is coming, but anything is possible at this point.

Well... At least we know for a fact that there is a megahouse, which barring some unforeseen force, it would mean that Shall Not is happening.

Krampus is almost definitely coming to Hollywood. Those construction pics are an exact match to the house in the movie. What are the odds that they're getting it and Florida isn't? Though I'd prefer Trick 'r Treat, it would be disappointing if they got it and we didn't over here. 

12 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Krampus is almost definitely coming to Hollywood. Those construction pics are an exact match to the house in the movie. What are the odds that they're getting it and Florida isn't? Though I'd prefer Trick 'r Treat, it would be disappointing if they got it and we didn't over here. 

Remember Crimson Peak? There's ALWAYS a chance the obvious choice won't make it to both coasts.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

I like Trick 'r Treat more movie wise, I prefer Krampus house wise.

I think it would be tougher to pull off a Trick 'r Treat house. With limited space, it would probably be hard to blend the scenes together in a way that makes sense. Besides that, one of the best scenes (quarry/elevator) would be almost impossible to recreate exactly like in the movie. 

• Like 1

Well, I am completely confused now.  If I actually had to wager real money, I'd put a huge bet on Krampus.  I can't even fathom that not being a house.  When we saw the movie, the first thing we all said when we left the theater was "That would make a really great HHN house."  We were all immediately on that same thought before even commenting on how we liked the movie or not.  It would be such a waste if it wasn't a house.  It's just too easy.  I don't even know how you 'd justify not having it.

I'm still hoping for AHS.  Putting aside TWD (please put aside, then set it on fire, then bury it), I don't know what other "horror franchise" has a bigger audience.  Plus, AHS is ripe with really great stuff for a house... especially if you did its multiple seasons as a mega house.  

As a side note, the landscapers are working outside my office window with huge leaf blowers and they sound a lot like HHN chainsaws.. I just miss it.

If Krampus doesn't come to Orlando, I am going to be HIGHLY disappointed. It is, by far, my most anticipated house ever. As I was watching the movie, all I could think about was how awesome it would be for it to be a HHN house. The Krampus teasing that happened from both coasts before Exorcist was announced gives me hope that both coasts know it is a HIGHLY anticipated house. I just hope Orlando does it justice by putting it in the SS that can be chilled. A Krampus themed house without it being physically cold just seems wrong.