Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

26 minutes ago, Ecto_Freak said:

*Yarn* I'm going to sleep.. Wake me up when A&D get ask by marketing to do NEW and creative stuff again.

BTW its going to be a cluster in the back of the park.. Just saying

The best thing is seeing the fake enthusiasm they have to drum up when talking about it.

3 minutes ago, JDW said:

because millions do. This shouldn't be a surprise though.

i know but this shit is tireing and getting old and sooner or later they going run out ideas for shit so then what?

Edited by timbo8

interestingly enough. Mike just confirmed this was in a SS sharing with an original. So I'm going to say... 24 a or b. that was a bit of a curve ball.

Actually B thanks to Mystique we found out there is this mysterious "urban design" crew... that would be the Walls of Alexandria.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, criticalanalysis said:

It's k babe still love you. At this point I'm hoping for a COMPLETELY unexpected announcement to knock our socks off.

Hold on to hope. This proves what I'm saying isn't gospel.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JDW said:

interestingly enough. Mike just confirmed this was in a SS sharing with an original. So I'm going to say... 24 a or b. that was a bit of a curve ball.

Actually B thanks to Mystique we found out there is this mysterious "urban design" crew... that would be the Walls of Alexandria.

Unfortunately, the mysterious Urban Design review wasn't something more interesting. 

Been holding ing that info back just for this reason. The answer to the mystery is disappointing.

1 hour ago, criticalanalysis said:

What an absolute waste of space. Seriously I hope this house gets pitiful reviews, is the shortest wait, and Corporate gets the hell out of the event. Is this the mega house? Repeating their "best of" over the six seasons means (on a positive note) they're saving money recycling. What garbage.

Yeah, this is the big thing to keep in mind. Something else gets plussed when something else gets scrimped on, and thank fuck it's this house.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, criticalanalysis said:

Walls of Alexandria? Urban Design? What?

In the permits we have been pondering this mysterious "urban design" group working on 24 b. Now we know it is in a sound stage it pretty much means it is in 24 a/b. B has the urban design bit. So that is the walls.

This throws a wrench in my info. this would push ... uh... announced IP... to new tent or shrek.. Which would make little sense. Unless we really aren't getting a new location.

do we need the tent/new parade building? We have 24 a, 24 b, 22. unnamed megahouse SS (assuming 25), Shrek, parade, tent 1 and 2, why couldn't 23 be used for the 9th house? Ah things got interesting again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Walls of Alexandria? Urban Design? What?

To explain more:

Every year I checked the permits daily. In the past, when various disciplines (Building, Fire, Plumbing, etc) reviewed the permit, scene names have been discovered when there was an issue with the scene. 

This year, a discipline I had never seen reviewed the permit for SS24B, Urban Design. It is the only permit to be reviewed by Urban Design. 

From what I have gathered, Urban Design reviews fences, walls, decks, gazebos. Building accessories if you will. 

So, now the we know SS24 is holding TWD, we can guess that that Urban Design review is for Alexandria. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

So, now the we know SS24 is holding TWD, we can guess that that Urban Design review is for Alexandria. 

What you're saying makes sense, but is there still a chance that the team could be reviewing something else besides Alexandria? If the house will include as quoted, " For our 5th year in this world we felt it was crucial to feature a little bit from the entire journey of the survivors. "  wouldn't this be a best of TWD house up to this point? Will they have room to reconstruct Alexandria with all the other season's worth of material to fit in before it? If so, it's probably going to be an awfully small town. 

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

17 minutes ago, JDW said:

In the permits we have been pondering this mysterious "urban design" group working on 24 b. Now we know it is in a sound stage it pretty much means it is in 24 a/b. B has the urban design bit. So that is the walls.

This throws a wrench in my info. this would push ... uh... announced IP... to new tent or shrek.. Which would make little sense. Unless we really aren't getting a new location.

do we need the tent/new parade building? We have 24 a, 24 b, 22. unnamed megahouse SS (assuming 25), Shrek, parade, tent 1 and 2, why couldn't 23 be used for the 9th house? Ah things got interesting again.

Isn't there already a permit for Tent 3?