The Texas Chain Saw Massacre

King_K.

1 hour ago, SoleSurvivor said:

How likely is it that they'll recreate the forest chase scene between Sally and Leatherface? Is it possible to do in a sprung tent? 

I could just see them doing a "Woods" scene after Franklin's death with multiple Leatherfaces to represent the chase.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YouDontKnowJack said:

I know its unlikely, but I would LOVE to see some nods to TCM 2. It would make my day to see Chop Top coming after me with a hot coat hanger. :lol:

Since it's based off the original and a bucket list project...I think you MIGHT find a coat hanger and lighter sitting on a table...or some smashed records on a table....or Dennis Hopper's hat on a bed post, but that's probably as close as we'll get to anything from 2.  A slight nod, but nothing explicitly from the sequels.  Been a while since I saw 2...I think Chop Top had a toupe too, maybe see that laying around somewhere.

Actually, there will probably be a family photo with everybody from 2 hidden in such a way you can't possibly see it or know about it unless you do the Unmasking the Horror tours.  Ha ha ha.

• 1 month later...
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

A sneak peek. I feel like this could be the bone furniture room though someone who's rewatched more recently might know more.

If memory serves me, there are the two houses, the woods and the van that make up the majority of 'locations' for filming the movie. Since nothing of drastic importance happens in Franklin's family's house, I can only assume the majority of the house would be the woods and the Hewitt house. 

The one thing I'm looking forward to, which got me really bad when HHN brought TCM around the first time, is just stepping inside the home. The only real complaint I have about the Halloween house is it had a beautiful facade but a side entrance. You didn't actually walk through the front door of the house. When Flesh Wounds was running, you stepped directly into the front door and saw the infamous staircase and large metal sliding door. Seeing leatherface slam that thing open terrified me. I hope I'll be able to see the houses this year...

p.s. Jimmy, I love your videos and your cocktails. Keep them coming, mate!

Edited by JAYXDUBS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I missed a lot of the scares in this house but that has me worried. Leatherface is the one horror icon who genuinely frightens me to a point. He's not supernatural, just a messed up tall dude with a chainsaw and the reality of that is terrifying, so if the actors were to get me, I feel like I might actually cry. The sets are beautiful, like you have been plopped right into the movie. 

• Like 1

This house can either be great or mediocre. It seems like it depends a lot on the timing and the actors to have effective scares.

A large portion of the house has nothing but Leatherface as a scareactor in each room, but it actually makes sense: the house roughly follows the film's narrative inside the home, and you're meant to be running through it pursued by Leatherface after about the halfway mark. The actors appear to be carrying real chainsaws with sound effects, but the sound effects are made very loud and more realistic than any past HHN with fake chainsaws indoors. This does serve to make the inside of the house very loud.

Every Leatherface is appropriately huge and with an excellent costume, so it's a very nice and immersive haunt. The house even has Sally's dramatic escape from the dinner represented, and it's awesome to watch.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2016 at 8:13 PM, OrangeRyan said:

Could anyone possibly tell me what the room order is for this house? Like From Facade to the End?

The best I can do from memory after two trips:

1. Living room

2. Entrance with stairs and metal door

3. Basement (Kirk butchering)

4. Hallway with windows

5. Dining room

6. Living room?

7. Sitting room?

8. Entrance with stairs and metal door

9. Hallway with Grandpa's room

10. Window escape

11. Backyard

After the dinner scene, the house begins to repeat rooms as it simulates Leatherface chasing you through the house.

The chainsaw noises from the speakers are really loud in here. One room toward the end is loud enough that it vibrates in your chest. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Cody said:

The best I can do from memory after two trips:

Hide contents

1. Living room

2. Entrance with stairs and metal door

3. Basement (Kirk butchering)

4. Hallway with windows

5. Dining room

6. Living room?

7. Sitting room?

8. Entrance with stairs and metal door

9. Hallway with Grandpa's room

10. Window escape

11. Backyard

After the dinner scene, the house begins to repeat rooms as it simulates Leatherface chasing you through the house.

The chainsaw noises from the speakers are really loud in here. One room toward the end is loud enough that it vibrates in your chest. 

THANK YOU CODY!!!! HAHAHA I sent you a message but THANK YOU!!! Anything will help!!

I did this house opening night and was like, eh, not bad.  Wasn't blown away.  But then did it last Thursday and I WAS blown away!!  Amazing.  That's the best part of being able to do multiple nights - opinions change.  It's now moved up to my top 3.

I really wanted to like this house, but I ended up thinking...

A ) Leatherface masks were aesthetically off.

B ) The house felt short.

C ) Chainsaws looked super fake.

D ) Scenes took too long to reset.

I will say the house was super creepy, which meant they nailed the atmosphere. The smells in this house add to it.

Did anyone else see the broken window frame this weekend? They had a crew inside Sunday night fixing it with a drill. IMO they should have left it broken, but I'm sure there was a safety issue involved.

13 hours ago, hhnholdem said:

I was wondering if anybody knows how many Leatherfaces there are in the house. My friend and I went through the house and tried to keep count and then compare numbers. I came up with 10 and my friend came up with 7.

Looking at my room list, I believe it's 10. There are two in the backyard and the only rooms without a Leatherface at all are the first room and the flashing light room. The hallway with fenced windows has a Leatherface outside, along with the scareactor in the hall with you.

• Like 1