What do you pledge for HHN this year?

I pledge to not really care. I will see whatever info comes out and I will critique it... Because that's just what I do.

I will go to the event once and will buy express pass. Universal wins? (being as I no longer have AP, don't do UMTH, and don't buy much merch anymore I'm not entirely sure)

I will write an honest review about my feelings on the event. I do not pander.

Amazing or terrible I will have a good time and move on with my life.

• Like 1

There are a bunch of things that will take place with near 100% certainty. 

1. We will arrive early at least 1 day in order to be present for the initial opening.

2. All houses will be seen at least 3 times.

3. We will hang out in a scare zone at some point to watch people get scared out of their mind.

4. Prior to entering each evening, we will stop at Fat Tuesdays for a frozen drink.

5. A turkey drumstick will be eaten.

6. T-shirts will be purchased (at least one with all the houses listed on the back).

7. We will ride the MIB ride to see who gets the top score.

8. We will go on the Transformers ride as well.

9. I will reminisce of the good ol' days when the Jaws ride was still there. (poor Jaws :()

10. We will drink a beer in Sting Alley. (preferably the large can of Fosters)

11. During our stay, we'll eat lunch/dinner at a Golden Corral probably once or twice. (we don't have those where I'm located)

12. I pledge to be there until closing for at least 2 of the 4 nights we'll be present this year. (last year I had some spine issues)

13. We'll do both Unmasking the Horror Tours (assuming it doesn't sell out)

14. Prior to the event, I'll be here reading and sharing thoughts.

15. Fun will be had.

• Like 2

I pledge to be the voice of reason. It won't be as bad as some of the people say, nor will it be as good. If Penn and Teller are involved, I pledge to get them to sign a three of clubs as well as the back of my Satanic Temple membership card. I also pledge to make it through the whole unmasking the horror tour without scaring the host - this did not happen last year.

Edited by Guest

1.  Won't instantly be negative about everything.

2.  Will check out King Kong (we do both parks during the day)

3.  Will check out the new Sports Bar

4.  Will imbibe quite a bit in Simpsons Land

5.  Will do the AM and PM lights on tours

6.  Will spend as much time in Finnegan's as I spend in the longest line of the night

7.  Will NOT buy a stupid house T-Shirt because of the ridiculous blood words on the front of the shirt

8.  Will take a million pictures in the photo op zone that will piss off many here :)

9.  Will debate with my friends, every night, if Rock It is worth the line...and end up only doing it once.

10. Will check out the updated Hulk coaster.

11. Won't fill out anything as silly as an Oath thread.  Ooops...

Pledge to be happy going only one night this year. Sharing a trip this year with my brother that will be Disney based. They have never been to HHN's and while we may still purchase ROF, it will probably just be one day, both parks (Kong!), with HHN added and Express. The other days will be Disney. Haven't been to F&W in fours years since HHN and Uni took over my fall trip 5 years ago. I can do this. :)

• Like 1

We always have a list:

1.  We will fly down a minimum of three different weekends this year, and we MAY add opening night for a fourth

2.  We will consume the loaded fries probably multiple times (mmm, those are SO good!)

3.  We will allow one weekend for my stepson and daughter-in-law to join us and experience the event with the caveat that they must be able to keep up with the old ladies.

4.  Every night we attend, we will be there when the gates open until closing time when the lights come on

5.  We will probably have more than one giant pink donut

6.  We will buy several of the most awesome caramel/nut apples from the candy shop in the Universal store on the way out

7.   Odds are pretty good that over the course of the event, I will spend an obscene amount of money on merchandise

8.  If TWD is back, we are skipping it

9.  We will celebrate our one year wedding anniversary on Halloween Night in whatever scarezone replaces Evils Roots this year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

We always have a list:

5.  We will probably have more than one giant pink donut

Ya know, I've walked by that Lard Lad statue countless times (even took a picture or two in front of it) and for some reason I never realized that they actually sell donuts there. I assume they must be good if you're buying more than one. Maybe I'll add it to my bucket list (assuming they aren't too big).

9 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Ya know, I've walked by that Lard Lad statue countless times (even took a picture or two in front of it) and for some reason I never realized that they actually sell donuts there. I assume they must be good if you're buying more than one. Maybe I'll add it to my bucket list (assuming they aren't too big).

They are most awesome.  And they are big - you can split it with someone.  Although, i have friends that will eat a whole one on their own.  They are always smooshy fresh, too.  I dream about those goddam donuts.  I normally don't like sprinkles, and these donuts have SOME sprinkles (not too bad), but I don't even notice them.  They are true donut-goodness.  When we had our wedding at HHN last year, they were the "wedding cake".  LOL

2 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

They are most awesome.  And they are big - you can split it with someone.  Although, i have friends that will eat a whole one on their own.  They are always smooshy fresh, too.  I dream about those goddam donuts.  I normally don't like sprinkles, and these donuts have SOME sprinkles (not too bad), but I don't even notice them.  They are true donut-goodness.  When we had our wedding at HHN last year, they were the "wedding cake".  LOL

You got married at HHN? I saw somewhere that they did host weddings. Just out of curiosity (if you don't mind sharing), how much (roughly) did they charge you and was there a minimum number of guests required? 

5 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

You got married at HHN? I saw somewhere that they did host weddings. Just out of curiosity (if you don't mind sharing), how much (roughly) did they charge you and was there a minimum number of guests required? 

We did get married at HHN last year - on Halloween.  However, this was NOT a sanctioned wedding by Universal.  We are very fortunate to be pretty close friends with a few in A&D and they worked it out for us to be able to do our wedding amongst the pumpkins/scarecrows in the grass next to Evil's Roots - they even got us a couple of chainsaw clowns to stand on either side of us during the whole thing.  Basically, we were allowed to stand there and have our ceremony with a very small group of people - 3 from A&D, my Mom and stepfather, and a small handful of friends.  The whole thing took about 12 minutes - it was not elaborate. It was something we wanted to do because neither of us wanted a big production, and both of us love, love, love HHN and Halloween, etc.. so what better time to get married than on Halloween at HHN - during the 25th anniversary no less!  It was awesome! 

6 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Hunny's story is unique, because HHN doesn't really "host" weddings or have packages like that. They held a contest in 2010 and winners got married in front of Wyandot, and I vaguely remember a "Bride of Chucky" contest/wedding. But those have been the only "sanctioned" ones I know of.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Hunny's story is unique, because HHN doesn't really "host" weddings or have packages like that. They held a contest in 2010 and winners got married in front of Wyandot, and I vaguely remember a "Bride of Chucky" contest/wedding. But those have been the only "sanctioned" ones I know of.

I knew I saw an article (with pictures) about a wedding at some point. Too bad they don't offer a package... It would probably cost a ton of they did though.

Here is a link about the contest with some great pictures of the winner's wedding.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/couple-ties-the-noose-in-first-ever-halloween-horror-nights-wedding-photosvideo-2/

• 1 month later...

I pledge to get another job so that I can at least afford an express pass, if not tickets and hotel rooms for an extended stay.

I also pledge to spread positivity about the whole event, which I feel like I haven't done well enough in the past. After all, what's the point in being super negative regarding one of our favorite annual events, if not our favorite?

Edited by duh1011
typo

On 4/13/2016 at 10:48 AM, hunnylvr said:

I envy you. My girlfriend who I really like thinks horror movies are demonic and will never go in a house with me at HHN.

Anyway I pledge to try to go every year now since I can afford it. Even if I have to go alone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2016 at 7:03 PM, killswitch22 said:

I pledge to not have negative feelings to not have negative feelings when a Walking Dead house is announced. I will wait to go through the house to address that issue.

How's that one working out for ya?

:D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My only pledge is to beat my house count from last year. I made it through two of them. (First year+horrible anxiety+never was into anything horror until now...) So I'll be doing at the very least Chance's house plus whichever two are the easiest from my POV. I much prefer SZs to houses so I'll definitely be hanging out in all of them.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 9:06 AM, Alice said:

My only pledge is to beat my house count from last year. I made it through two of them. (First year+horrible anxiety+never was into anything horror until now...) So I'll be doing at the very least Chance's house plus whichever two are the easiest from my POV. I much prefer SZs to houses so I'll definitely be hanging out in all of them.

My wife was the same way! Our first year going together was 2 years ago, and she was a trooper. We did almost all the houses and by the end of the night she really enjoyed herself. She hid her eyes through most of it, but she had fun. Last she did even better and looked the entire time. I was so proud of her.

Two things that she says helps: Alcohol (although last year she couldn't have any since she was pregnant lol and she still did great) and having a tall guy to hide behind! lol

Almost forgot: I pledge to get fastpasses again this year. Because it's bonkers to go without when you can only go one night!

Edited by Merlin
Pledge
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2016 at 11:01 AM, Merlin said:

Almost forgot: I pledge to get fastpasses again this year. Because it's bonkers to go without when you can only go one night!

Begrudgingly agreed

• Like 2