Sequels to original houses. If they happened, what would you like to see?

19 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

1.  Hellgate Prison.  Would have to be a hard R rated house from back in the day

2.  Disentorium.  Notice a theme?  My first two houses are from the first year I came and it just blew my mind.  Sure I have some "first time syndrome" but these were the two best houses ever in my book.  I got so disoriented in this house I had to close my eyes and grab onto my friend's shirt to get out of there.

3.  Dead Exposure.  LOVED IT.  Strobes always mess with me.  Need a true spiritual successor to it.

4.  BRAIN FART - The Beyond?  Whatever the 3D house was that was just awesome and everybody here hated.  Loved that house.

5.  Frightanic.  Never experienced the original and want to see something like it.  More than just a one room tribute.

#4 - are you talking about The In-Between?  If so, I LOVED that house.  I thought that was the best 3-D house I ever went in.  Scared the crap outta me.

2004 was my first year, too, and I'd love to see that entire year return for a sequel (except for Disorientorium, which I thought was dreadful)

How I wish I had been able to go in 2013 and see the dual run Ship of Screams.  I'm sure it was not nearly as good as I imagine, but still...

My top 5 sequels I'd love to see (my list are houses that have not returned yet and since Ship of Screams was a sequel to Frightanic, I can't list either):

5.  Leave it to Cleaver

4.  Nightengales

3.  H.R. BloodNGutz - what was Mr. Kurtzberg's next job?

2.  Legendary Truth - some new chapter to a story that MUST continue

1.  Gothic, baby! - hands down the single most beautiful HHN house ever made

Edited by zombieman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. The Forsaken - I love the theme of this one. The running creature with green eyes on a bungie was best scare and the wind and water were the best effects.

2. Cold Blind Terror - this maze was flat out disorienting and I loved what they did with misdirection. 

3. Interstellar Terror - we need more sci-fi space themed mazes. A&D would probably go crazy with it. Loved AvP, but an original space maze would be perfect.

4. Terror Mines - the flickering light was a great effect and although the bug people were weird, they were kind of terrifying. I always thought it'd be awesome if they did the same thing, but with the humanoids from The Descent.

Also, apparently I like the houses with the word "terror."

• 1 month later...

Nightengales: The first one was good but a sequel could be better. Especially if they go back further into history with like a Revolutionary or Civil War house.

Fractured Tales: Asylum in Wonderland was a fun time this year. But a lot of other well known tales would be fun too. Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan or a full out Wizard of Oz would be killer.

Silver Screams: I was so scared in that house the first time through. The mixture of movies and the icon worked well and would like to see it with different movies.

Dead End: One of my top houses I've been through. I feel like they can give it more of a back story.

1 hour ago, killswitch22 said:

Nightengales: The first one was good but a sequel could be better. Especially if they go back further into history with like a Revolutionary or Civil War house.

Fractured Tales: Asylum in Wonderland was a fun time this year. But a lot of other well known tales would be fun too. Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan or a full out Wizard of Oz would be killer.

Silver Screams: I was so scared in that house the first time through. The mixture of movies and the icon worked well and would like to see it with different movies.

Dead End: One of my top houses I've been through. I feel like they can give it more of a back story.

I would love another fairy tale house. Alice was awesome last year! 

Took part in a poll going around on twitter about what Icon you would like to see come back this year and the Usher was winning out so a sequel to Silver Screams would be cool. 

Of course, Mike has said how much he loves H.R. BloodNGutz so I wouldn't be surprised if that is our "fun" house this year. 

• 2 weeks later...

My main deal is if they want to do a sequel, there has to be a reason for it, either because the backstory is open-ended and needs to be elaborated or the fans want to see it come back

H.R. Bloodengutz is an obvious choice. It's a huge fan favorite, I myself like to indulge in the cheesy horror comedy this house brought in spades, and I feel the backstory could be expanded upon. They could have Larry escape from prison and hijack a TV feed with his own pirated telecast ala Captain Midnight or the Max Headroom incident from the late 80s. However he has hired minions to take over the studio and prevent the feed from being interrupted. 

Silver Screams was a great house with a chilling backstory which was echoed well in IIRC the middle of the house with the dangling bodies used as sandbags. The mix of the movie scenes and the canvas of a dilapidated palace-styled movie theater was brilliant, and with The Usher becoming somewhat of a darkhorse icon, I could see them doing this again. They could actually delve into Usher's backstory by bringing the house back to its splendor and show the deaths over the years. 

Dead End's backstory intrigued me about ghost stories and urban legends about the house coming to life, and it was executed so beautifully. Not sure how they could expand upon it for a sequel, but it's definitely one they should check out again.

Legendary Truth is something that I feel must continue, since there's a ton of ideas they could go with it. The Wyandot house from 2010 was unique and I'd love to see LT try for another location to investigate, maybe as a take on Ghost Adventures. As for where they're going to go, that's the wild card. It could be a whole new place or a throwback to a previous house (The slaughterhouse from Leave it to Cleaver or the dilapidated Shadybrook for instance)

• Like 1

1. Ghost Town - (My fav house of all time)
2. Leave it to Cleaver - (One of the few houses I was truly immersed in)
3. Deadtropolis - (only zombie house I like so far)
4. The Hallow - (Best tent house I've seen so far.)
5. Intersteller Terror (Yes we need more original Sci-Fi!)
6. Creatures! - (Reminded me of "Redneck Rampage". Loved it!)
7. H.R Bloodenguts (I missed it but it sounds good and exactly what I like!)
8. Scary Tales - (Creepy fairy-tales done right!)
9. El Cucuy - (Looked like a good house from vids I saw)
10. Revisit some 2005 houses. (I missed that year and it looked good)

Edited by JunoSynth
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There were a few good originals that I enjoyed over the past several years, many of which have already been mentioned. However, I'm not totally convinced they would all need a sequel. I'm more interested in some of the older ones that I haven't seen and could possibly be brought back with a bigger budget allocated on it.

1. Dungeon of Terror (who doesn't love a gritty old dungeon?)

2. Hotel Hell (hopefully something along the lines of the last season of AHS but darker)

3. S.S. Frightanic (would love to see them  recreate a ship)

4. Scary Tales (no shortage of them)

5. Hellgate Prison (hopefully have the inmates as loud as HHN 20's Havoc)

6. Ghost Town (a good ol' western won't hurt anyone)