Now that HHN25 is over, BIG thanks to A&D for.....

zombieman

I'd like to try to start a thread just for A&D, telling them what we appreciated about HHN 25.  No negative stuff or discussion.  Just thanks.

So allow me start it off.

THANK YOU A&D FOR:

• Bringing back Jack.  I was all Jacked-out a few years ago, but after no real recent icons, he was a welcome sight.  This is my favorite incarnation of the guy. 
  • Shadybrook scarezone, in which I spent a couple of hours taking it all in.  I don't normally spend much time in the zones at all, but this was really fun.  
  • Anniversary house, which was an instant classic 
  • Body Collectors house, which was a joyous continuation of two original stories.
  • Malice 3D house, which was second only to the In Between.
  • Freddy Vs Jason, in which A&D was able to make the last third have a good deal of originality.  Crazy for an IP house, but in a good way.
  • Bill & Ted, because it's gone from Hollywood, and I flew across the country to get my fix.

• Another year of Bill and Ted
  • Jack of course - Jack everywhere
  • Alice - A lot of people hate that it's not scary but to me that's what's so appealing about this house

I don't know if I have A&D to thank for this but.

• Carnival themed food stalls

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for

• Jack! (He's my first icon, and I was in love!) :wub:
  • CHANCE! (Again, in love!) :wub:
  • Insidious: My favorite scary movie franchise so far.:playdead:
  • Icon Zone! (First time seeing these guys!) :playdead:
  • Freddy vs Jason :jason::freddy:
  • Body Collectors
  • Monsters and Mayhem:machinegun:
  • Purge (<3)
  • Asylum in Wonderland (First 3D house)
  • Chucky and Tiffany!! :chucky:
  • Clowns with Chainsaws (MY WORST NIGHTMARE) :chainsaw:
  • Bringing an amazing event that became my nightly occurrence <3
  • Eddie <3
  • Like 1

Thank you for:

-Making an event you guys are as passionate about as I am. No matter anyone's personal opinions on specific content, we're all here because we love this event, and you all clearly do too, and as the commercialization of this world continues, that passion is being overruled by greed and power. That's not something A&D has succumbed to, even in Comcast has, so for that that I thank you for always.

But for this year's event specifically:

-Monsters and Mayhem. Top 5 house of all time for me (05-15).

-Freddy vs Jason. NoES 07 will forever be my favorite house of all time due to the experience I had. I waited 8 years to see Freddy back at the event, and after what I felt was a weak AvP house in 2014, I was nervous going in with my unrealistic expectations. On EP Night, I came out fucking GIDDY. That house made me so happy, and my final run for all houses in 2015 was this one and it was a STRONG one. You guys nailed this house.

-Body Collectors. My first BC house as more than a casual fan (saw 08's as a kid). Gorgeous, surreal, scary, and all around a fun time. Passion was very much noticed in this one.

-Insidious. Great shot at a paranormal maze. The pitch black room with the moving walls is one of the most unnerving scenes I've ever seen in a house. Excellent scares in the back half of this one.

-Bringing back a cohesive theme with original aspects, whether it was just an anniversary theme or not. Makes me hopeful for the future.

-CHANCE. Not in a perverted way, but in a I REALLY like the character way.

In addition to what everyone else is saying:

* Giving the black-and-white characters their own scarezone for the first time in quite a while.

* Having Freddy, Jason, and Chucky together in the same zone. Awesome sauce!

* Great music choices throughout the event.

* Expanding on Chance's character a bit more. While she's still lacking a backstory, she at least feels more than just a Harley Quinn-knockoff now.

* Allowing Jack and Chance to improvise certain scenes.

* Icon stage-kills. Great concept that was executed just as well.

* Crypt Keeper!

* A lot of the unique non-zombie-related merchandise. 

* One of the best commercials done for the event in years.

* Blowing away the past three years of the event easily.

* The nostalgic compilation of the event's past years that was playing in the houses' queues.

* The HHN store! A fantastic idea that I hope is brought back for future years.

(Not all of this was A&D's doing, so this shout-out goes to Universal as a whole)