Halloween Horror Nights 26 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

The Walking Dead is probably coming back. It sucks, but the show is insanely popular and it draws people.

I would love to see a new icon this year, but I think that's unlikely. Universal is more likely to try and cash in on a known icon. Since they just did Jack, I think the Caretaker taking over would be cool but the Jack vs. Eddie idea is great if they run with it. Just give Jack a rest after, I love Jack a lot but in a way he is kind of TWD of icons. Legendary Truth is probably getting a house, The Conjuring is looking like an early lock.

My biggest wish is that they have been working on fixing the problems with Scream to get it this year, but that probably will not happen.

• Like 1

(somewhat not my wish list, just thinking "What Would Universal Do?")

Icon: The Usher

Sub-icons: Michael Myers, Regan, Ghostface 

Houses:

1. Scream
  2. Exorsist
  3. Leatherface 
  4. Halloween (encore house like AWIL)
  5. Walking Dead 
  6. Silver Screams 2
  7. Nightingales 2
  8. All Night Die-In Take 3: Show Me The Fear
  9. 3D House

Scare Zones:

1. H.R. BloodNGutz
  2. Walking Dead
  3. Classic Monsters
  4. Modern Horror Icons
  5. The Lobby   
  6. Backlot

Shows:

1. Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure
  2. Death Drums
  3. Rocky Horror
  • Like 4

My Wishlist:

Icon: The Puppetmaster (HHN 2 Singapore)

Houses:

1. Scream
  2. Halloween (encore house like AWIL)
  3. Green Inferno
  4. American Horror Story
  5. Universal horror films house
  6. Icon house
  7. 3D House
  8. Urban Legends house
  9. Extreme house

Scare Zones:

1. Theme Scare Zone
  2. PsychoScareapy scare zone (like HHN 25)
  3. Dark Christmas (like in Hollywood)
  4. Ghost Town
  5. Saws N Steam: Toy Factory

Shows:

2. New show
  • Like 3

(somewhat not my wish list, just thinking "What Would Universal Do?")

Icon: The Usher

Sub-icons: Michael Myers, Regan, Ghostface 

Houses:

1. Scream
  2. Exorsist
  3. Leatherface 
  4. Halloween (encore house like AWIL)
  5. Walking Dead 
  6. Silver Screams 2
  7. Nightingales 2
  8. All Night Die-In Take 3: Show Me The Fear
  9. 3D House

Scare Zones:

1. H.R. BloodNGutz
  2. Walking Dead
  3. Classic Monsters
  4. Modern Horror Icons
  5. The Lobby   
  6. Backlot

Shows:

2. Death Drums
  3. Rocky Horror

I highly doubt Universal attempts Scream for a while unfortunately.

A&D learned their lesson by repeating AWIL so soon, no way Halloween comes back next year. They don't own the IP either.

Isn't having sequels to ANDI and Silver Screams iin the same year a bit redundant? Just make a megahouse at that point.

• Like 4

Wishlist...

Houses

1. New Icon House

2. Catacombs 2

3. Conjuring

4. Army of Darkness

5. Halloween (New House)

6. Friday the 13 (New House)

7. Ash vs Evil Dead

8. Ring 3D

9. Fear House

Scarezones

1. Fright Yard

2. War of the Living Dead

3. Killer Clowns from Outerspace

4. Voodoo Doctors

5. Return to Immortal Island

Shows

1. Bill and Ted

2. Icon Show

• Like 2

I highly doubt Universal attempts Scream for a while unfortunately.

A&D learned their lesson by repeating AWIL so soon, no way Halloween comes back next year. They don't own the IP either.

Isn't having sequels to ANDI and Silver Screams iin the same year a bit redundant? Just make a megahouse at that point.

True

Because even if it didn't require massive shifts in logistics backstage, the experience wouldn't be as fantastic as everyone hopes.

This is why I keep saying IF there's no conceivable way to keep it USF only, and I believe there is. Has anyone here been to Howl O Scream, where houses are LITERALLY 15-20 min walks away from each other? Does anyone know how much walking you would have to do to go from tent 2 by MiB to Jurassic Park?? NO THANKS

I was apparently mistaken on MiB overflow being unusable, so let's throw that back in the mix. Assuming KidZone's untouchable, use Hollywood Blvd for Parade building, have both tents enter from MiB, and there you go. Hell, throw 2 houses in SS21 and call it a 10 house year. If they don't do 2 parks, they'll definitely have the budget for it, so why not? Cut an IP to save some budget, don't do a megahouse, and don't build an insanely expensive house like AvP or AWiL and 10 houses is easy. 

And about Scream...imagine this discussion:

"Alright gang, what are some popular IPs we can feature at HHN26? The Purge did really well, The Conjuring has a se-"

"OOH How about we try Scream again??? Sure, they royally fucked us over this year, made us waste a LOT of money, and caused way more turmoil and stress than necessary, but that's totally the past! That's not gonna happen again! What do you say? What could possibly go wrong?"

There's no way in hell they try Scream again. I'm afraid that's something we're just gonna have to accept. 

• Like 3

I don't get why some of you want past icons... Universal needs to show there the best Halloween event and they need to do so by doing NEW stuff not living in the past.

I guess after fear and lady luck a lot of people (including people for Universal apparently) lost all hope for icons in general. I mean, Universal itself stopped making them, that tells enough. they dont even trust their own teams to come up with something good

And, the event now is all based on movies for the most part, and Usher is one of the greats. I Wouldn't mind having a second year with the Usher. I really wouldn't. it would be nice if he even had a show or something. 

(But I do agree that we need new icons, we really do. if Universal doesn't even want to bother.... we should at LEAST get the old icons, that's the point, old icons are better than no ICon) 

I feel like I'm the only one who is indifferent to Icons. If we have them, cool. If not, who cares? Yes, I love the old icons, do I want to seem them every year? God no. All the newer icons didn't live up to the old ones because everyone puts them on pedestals to the point where nothing will ever live up to it. 

I'm kind of glad they are moving away from Icons. IP horror is what brings crowds so prepare a majority of houses to do this from now on. Because that is not going to change until it stops bringing in money. Icons don't sell like IP's do or ever will. 

• Like 1

Well, and Lady Luck just wasn't good. I actually LIKED Fear, and though I get what they were trying to do with Fortuna, it wasn't going to work. Her monster form wasn't that scary, and her human form wasn't intimidating. While her back story helps slightly, you have to have her backstory or else no aspect of her character makes sense.

Every other Icon (save Fear, who was never anything more than a monster) is creepy, terrifying and somewhat relatable at a glance. That's what makes them work.

• Like 4

Yes, I love the old icons, do I want to seem them every year? God no. All the newer icons didn't live up to the old ones because everyone puts them on pedestals to the point where nothing will ever live up to it.

The older icons have not been replicated well in any of their incarnations since their debut. Those years the icon was truly menacing, added a very uneasy atmosphere to the event, and really wrapped up their goal well. Other than the Usher, who I think could be tweaked a bit, none of the newer icons hold a candle to the other ones.

I guess after fear and lady luck a lot of people (including people for Universal apparently) lost all hope for icons in general. I mean, Universal itself stopped making them, that tells enough. they dont even trust their own teams to come up with something good
And, the event now is all based on movies for the most part, and Usher is one of the greats. I Wouldn't mind having a second year with the Usher. I really wouldn't. it would be nice if he even had a show or something. 

(But I do agree that we need new icons, we really do. if Universal doesn't even want to bother.... we should at LEAST get the old icons, that's the point, old icons are better than no ICon) 

Why is it that Singapore gets really good icons & we're stuck with Fear & Lady Luck?!

• Like 2

My 2nd Wishlist:

Icon: Eddie

Theme: Are You REDDIE?

Backstory: The Carnival of Carnage is packing up and about to leave. As Jack is about to leave to the next site for more celebration of the kill he is taken in the shadows of the carnival by a chainsaw welding maniac... his brother... Eddie Schmitt. Eddie takes Jack and gives him his TRUE last laugh. Boy did Eddie give them blood! He then gains some Manics of his own as he leads them into the shadows of a new age of darkness. The question is: Are You REDDIE?

Houses:

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Leatherface
  2. Saw
  3. Green Inferno
  4. The Conjuring
  5. (let's face it...) The Walking Dead
  6. Eddie House
  7. Urban Legends: El Cucuy
  8. Terrorland (scrapped from 2001 due to the 9/11 attacks)
  9. Extreme house

Scare Zones:

1. Theme Scare Zone
  2. Saws N Steam: Let the Steam Scream
  3. Slasher Alley
  4. Bloodbath Underground
  5. Purge

Shows:

2. Eddie show
  3. Death Drums
Edited by hhnfan95
  • Like 3

So I guess The Usher kind of confirmed he was coming back next year. I could see this as him being the icon next year since they "hinted" Jack would be back at the end of last years event. This year Jack showed icons could bring in crowds and sell a lot of merchandise. Also having lots of movie IPs would fit right in.

The Pros: 2009 was one of the few years I missed and The Usher had the best kill in the scarezone.

The Cons: Would be in the Studios which will make it as big of a mess as 2012.

They would probably bring back the monsters which were in a house and a scarezone this year.

They'd have to rely on mostly second or third tier horror movies (in popularity or quality) since they've used the biggest properties in the last three years.

• Like 2

The Usher didnt confirm ANYTHING... The scare actor basicly said goodbye to his fans and said see you next yr.. the scare actor is a veteran.

As of now I bet you less then 10 things are approved for next year.. Marketing and A&D/Show devlepments are tossing around ideas and maybe agreeing to IP's

Its not til Dec/Jan is when they start writing out the house ideas and turning them into corp for approving..

• Like 9

I feel like I'm the only one who is indifferent to Icons. If we have them, cool. If not, who cares? Yes, I love the old icons, do I want to seem them every year? God no. All the newer icons didn't live up to the old ones because everyone puts them on pedestals to the point where nothing will ever live up to it. 

I'm kind of glad they are moving away from Icons. IP horror is what brings crowds so prepare a majority of houses to do this from now on. Because that is not going to change until it stops bringing in money. Icons don't sell like IP's do or ever will. 

Every single year there is always someone that is either indiferent to the Icons or just hates them lol

The reason some of us care so much is exactly the same reason you brought up yourself. "IP Horror is what Brings crowds so prepare a majority of houses to do this now" 

Icons are like the only thing the fans get anymore. the only thing that is fun for anyone that has gone for more than 5-6 years. Im not even talking about the HHN veteran fans or the hardcore fans, but just us, the people that come to post here or the people that play the LT games... the people that do the RIP tour, you know... the people that care about the event further than "OMGZ I LOV WALKING DEAD " 

Im not saying you are not a real fan unless you love the icons either, that's not my point either. 
My only point is that with the event getting more and more IP obsessed, Icons are like one of the few original things the event gets. Icons and Scarezones. (And even the scarezones were wiped out or minimized for the last 3 years ) 

• Like 2

My biggest (nonrealistic) wish is for them to stop running the Superstar Parade from Sept.-Nov. in order for us to have proper scare zones again. Something we haven't seen since 2011. Yes, we still get props and sets, but when's the last time we got something like 20 Years of Fear? Or Asylum in  Wonderland? Or fucking ROBOSAURUS???

The parade can't be THAT big of a thing. The only things I can see being the main purpose of the parade is the M&G they do with the floats in front of Mel's, which they can still do with proper zones, just don't put one in Mel's. And also to drive merch sales. It'd be nice to have a major set design in Hollywood and New York again. But if the choice for budget is either big, expansive zones, or 9-10 all new houses, I'm absolutely picking the houses.

• Like 6