Has this ever happened to anyone?

While walking through some mazes at HHN, I wondered has anyone accidentally walked into one of the little rooms the actors come out of or like up the stairs in the Insidious maze? If this has happened to you please I'm curious to know what happens (it must be awkward)  I almost walked into one myself in American Werewolf in London cause it was so dark. Luckily the actor popped out before I could take another step. 

Edited by Johnnyawesomev1

You get directed back to where you need to go. Sometimes they yell and wave flashlights.

It has happened to me a few times. Oddly enough almost all in one maze and the rest in the adjacent maze the same year. The Hallow and Scary Tales were both so flipping dark I walked behind sets, into boo holes, and got trapped against the corner of a fence as people followed me into it and then wouldn't back up.

This also happened a few times at Shallow Grave. The path was unclear at times and I walked right out of the maze. I was directed back in by the flashlight police.

You get directed back to where you need to go. Sometimes they yell and wave flashlights.

It has happened to me a few times. Oddly enough almost all in one maze and the rest in the adjacent maze the same year. The Hallow and Scary Tales were both so flipping dark I walked behind sets, into boo holes, and got trapped against the corner of a fence as people followed me into it and then wouldn't back up.

This also happened a few times at Shallow Grave. The path was unclear at times and I walked right out of the maze. I was directed back in by the flashlight police.

so along with the scare actor a cop is in there with them?

Well at Shallow grave there were cops. But I meant the house ops.

I assume in the Insidious house the stairs lead to nowhere? If I were a kid and found myself trapped in one of those boo holes with Jack I'd shit my pants. I'm also curious to know what's inside of those boo holes they gotta have like at least a bottle of water so when the actors get thirsty (some of those houses are hot as hell) 

This happened to me in '09 in the Dracula house. It was a funny experience because a.) this was my first HHN house ever and b.) two girls about my age at the time (18) who I had never met decided to latch on to me and I accidentally led them back there as well.  One of the actors though, to his credit, stayed in character and growled "Go back that way" to us. So we did. Banged up my shins pretty bad taking that little detour though.

This happened to me in '09 in the Dracula house. It was a funny experience because a.) this was my first HHN house ever and b.) two girls about my age at the time (18) who I had never met decided to latch on to me and I accidentally led them back there as well.  One of the actors though, to his credit, stayed in character and growled "Go back that way" to us. So we did. Banged up my shins pretty bad taking that little detour though.

I figured they would do something like that. What's in there tho? Just a small black room? 

I figured they would do something like that. What's in there tho? Just a small black room? 

Not much of anything for most of them. They are just holes, hallways, and direct exits to the sound stage. If you take the UMTH tour you can see them and even walk in them.

I've done this several times over the years but the last time I can remember doing it was in Havoc in 2010....what's bad about that is it was probably my 20th or 30th run thru but I was all by myself so no conga line to follow. You'd think I would have learned the layout by then! 

I also remember doing this in 2005 with my dad....I cannot remember which house. I only remember it being 2005 because that's the only year I went with just my dad. I just remember there was a themed wooden  door right in front of us, and a 90degree turn to the right of that which was too dark to see. So to us the only option appeared to be the door. We made it a few steps backstage till the actor finally redirected us while staying totally in character.

I've done this several times over the years but the last time I can remember doing it was in Havoc in 2010....what's bad about that is it was probably my 20th or 30th run thru but I was all by myself so no conga line to follow. You'd think I would have learned the layout by then! 

I also remember doing this in 2005 with my dad....I cannot remember which house. I only remember it being 2005 because that's the only year I went with just my dad. I just remember there was a themed wooden  door right in front of us, and a 90degree turn to the right of that which was too dark to see. So to us the only option appeared to be the door. We made it a few steps backstage till the actor finally redirected us while staying totally in character.

my guess is it could be a backstage area?