AFTER PARTY (HHNH Extended)

I saw Freak too. But I was on set. I followed him down the Walker trailer. He definitely acknowledged my existence, so just letting you know, that was me. :D

I was super excited to hear it was only 6k people projection. Thought it would be an ez night. And not that I disagree with their choice of letting in very small groups at a time. It made the night feel just like any other night, if not worse, 'cause there were multiple six second breaks, versus random like full minute breaks (that happen for whatever reason) and almost forced scareactors to scare every single group, rather than skipping a few people here and there (which could be necessary for various reasons).

While I had fun, it was actually really tiring for such a slow night. D: But I'd do it again tomorrow. I'll just take like six ibuprofen.

Edited by Kurseddragon

Yup, only 6k people from what I heard. It was SOOOOO DEAD!!!!!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!

Absolutely insane to be walking through usually traffic jam areas and be the ONLY two people on the street.

Trams heading to the backlot had entire sections EMPTY.

They CANCELLED 2 or 3 Jabawockeee shows because the seats weren't being filled enough! (I was counting on seeing the 12:30 showing, but it got canned)

I have literally never seen HHN less crowded and I've gone on Wednesdays/Thursdays/Sundays.

Unlimited FOL was sadly absolutely pointless for whoever bought it. I walked onto Crimson Peak and we had the whole maze to ourselves on my second go around of it. Halloween had a 5 minute wait, even after Terror Tram closed. As someone said before, longest line was TWD, and from what I saw, at 35 minutes.

Major gripe was the Academy of Villains show was shoved in front of the Minion store on the lower lot. YET WE CAN'T HAVE A SCAREZONE THERE?! What's really cool is they'd sporadically take over for the scare patrol and show up in lines on the lower lot.

Universal needs to do this every year. It is PERFECT for the fans and for the leftover GP.

Closing at 1 AM was not an issue whatsoever. With early entry, I could've been done with everything by 7:45-8 if I wanted to rush it and that's including the rides.

• Like 2

Tonight was freaking awesome! Longest line I saw was 40 minutes for TWD. FOL isn't really needed, but it sure as hell is nice. Very nice meeting Freak at the end of the night as well!

Really cool to meet you! It's great to see fellow members from HNN! :)

I saw Freak too. But I was on set. I followed him down the Walker trailer. He definitely acknowledged my existence, so just letting you know, that was me. :D

I was super excited to hear it was only 6k people projection. Thought it would be an ez night. And not that I disagree with their choice of letting in very small groups at a time. It made the night feel just like any other night, if not worse, 'cause there were multiple six second breaks, versus random like full minute breaks (that happen for whatever reason) and almost forced scareactors to scare every single group, rather than skipping a few people here and there (which could be necessary for various reasons).

While I had fun, it was actually really tiring for such a slow night. D: But I'd do it again tomorrow. I'll just take like six ibuprofen.

Oh, so that's who it was. I thought it was Tmrw at first since he said something about TWD on his FB. Yet I saw him in his usual spot in Purge.....I think? But yeah shout-out for you too. Good to see you too!

So yeah, I am fully recovered from my fourth and final night at HHN 2015. What a great year. The crowd seemed a little rowdier than usual as I had a few encounters with these people that I will share shortly.

First off, as you all have mentioned, last night was AWESOME. I arrived at eight and I was greeted to a board with five and ten minutes waits for everything. It was AMAZING. Also got to meet up with Horror Fan (Shoutout for you man) and a couple of other people. I got several runthroughs of everything. Crowds were extremely light and everything felt so relaxed. That wasn't even the best part. I'm glad I waited to buy my Halloween shirt because I got that and a key chain for 70% OFF!!!!! I paid around $9.30 for both! The cashier said the key chain was only three bucks so I was like, "Eh, why not. I'll take it." So I'm glad I held out until the end because that was a fantastic deal! Also, the cast seemed really fired up and energetic!

Overall I had a great time. You guys are going to have an amazing time tonight! What's weird is that this is the first year I've missed opening scareamonies in and JP In the Dark. From what I hear, I didn't miss much, so I'm cool with that. Like DTH said, this was perfect for accommodating the loyal fans and the leftover GP who are like, "Hey Joe, this is our last chance to see da scary mazes this year so why not". They were clearly not expecting sell-out nights, so if 6k people showed up, I think that's a perfect turnout for the event. They made a little extra profit that they would not have earned so everybody wins here. I hope they do this "afterparty" again next year.

Now for the interesting crowd stories you waited for......

So we were in the front car for Terror Tram and these people were bunching up behind us, sitting on top of this couple seated on the other end of the car. They started yelling and screaming at each other. One was yelling, "Purge this guy!" The guide stopped the tram was apparently calling security in case things went to crap. It was quite amusing and they stopped after the tram let out.

One other guy in his group wearing a Sideshow Bob hat grabbed my shoulder and was like, "dude, that's a nice leather jacket!" He was apparently stoned and out of it. I told him that I was Star Lord. He laughed a little and said, "Okay man. Cool." That was the last I saw of him.

As I exited the park, a bunch of ops were surrounding this small area by Saddle Ranch. This guy was throwing punches at security and got restrained by three ops. As everyone was getting their phones out, security was ushering people away and told them to keep moving. Another guy was restrained so apparently a drunk fight broke out there.

So yeah, Pretty interesting experience.

• Like 2

I didn't think the crowds were that bad from my experience. And I was pretty up in their faces for extended periods of time too. o.o But those seem like spread out instances that you just happened to show up at all of them to.

Also, where'd you buy your shirt and chain? The store inside the park was closed when I went before the event started, so I went to the one on City Walk, but it wasn't 70% off. And they barely had shit. D:<

Also, I think Tmrw was in Walking Dead. I saw him for a brief second.

Also, there was a Scarezone in Springfield. 

no fucking way that's amazing.

btw GrindHouse, he's not dead

Im so stoked for tonight, I'm actually not gonna take the advantages of early entry and watch opening scareamonies just because I'll be able to do everything. I'm expecting more poeple tonight because it's Saturday and its closing, but not anything like a normal day crowd. Also does anyone know if there's a specific thing to do to be on last terror tram, or is it just luck

Im so stoked for tonight, I'm actually not gonna take the advantages of early entry and watch opening scareamonies just because I'll be able to do everything. I'm expecting more poeple tonight because it's Saturday and its closing, but not anything like a normal day crowd. Also does anyone know if there's a specific thing to do to be on last terror tram, or is it just luck

it was just a few vampires in like black leather. But it was something! When I did The Walk we went down to the queue a little before tram closed and asked one of the employees where we should wait for it. 

Be down there around the time (or a little before) the last tram departs and ask to wait for the last one. Might be people waiting for the same thing.

Quick comments about the 2nd to last night (11/6)

Park was EMPTY - some houses were 5 min or less.  Most were 15-20 min.  Walking Dead was 30 minutes all night, though.  Event is open till 1AM (rumors of 11PM are false).  

The lines were JUST long enough to make me ask about a FOTL add on (FOTL on final nights are unlimited use).  Sticker price is $75, but the guy at Guest Services sold me one for $35 because the park was not crowded.  VERY nice of him to do this.

I will make a comment here if you happen to have a FOTL from a previous event night...  Just making the comment - not giving you any ideas.  Half the time they did not scan my FOTL; they just waived me through.  The times they did scan it, it came up as INVALID (red bar and three beeps).  They are told to ignore this, because they still have their machines set to allow one entry per house.  So they are just to told to ignore invalid warnings.  They are using the exact same FOTL as any other night.  They even still say one entry per house.

The lines were short enough that some houses were letting people through ONE AT A TIME.  I went through Crimson Peak, AVP, Halloween and Insidious with a 20 second buffer to the people before and after.  Houses are SO different when you get to take your time.  Cast of houses were amped up, knowing these were final nights.  They turned it up to 11.  They did things they would not normally be allowed to do, like get in your face and follow you.  

Walking Dead cast were just awful, though.  The walkers dropped any pretense of being characters from that show.  Every single one acted in no way like Walkers.  The house had essentially become a generic zombie house.  And if you take it as such, and forget Walking Dead, it was fine.

I enjoyed the houses much more than my previous review. If I had gone this date only, I'd say the event was average rather than worst year yet.  Even Crimson Peak was an OK house rather than a pile o crap.

As for the extra entertainment they promised, I did not see any Academy of Villains.  I thought they were supposed to be doing late shows in the Jabb-O-Suck building.   There was a drum troop that roamed around, and a terrible DJ in the lower lot.  Just to see the crowd levels, I walked into and then right out of the Jabb-O-the-Hut show.  They were playing to MAYBE a dozen people.  Great word of mouth, guys!  So from an entertainment level, it was about as un-entertaining as any other night,.

Scarezones were also turned up to 10.  Great opportunity to hang around and finally take them in slowly.  Dark Christmas is just so great.

So, catch tonight if you can.  It's a totally different event when there are no conga lines in the houses.

Oh, and all HHN merchandise is at least 50% off.  You can find some shirts in backlot, and some in the Universal store near entrance.  Also of course large Universal store in Citywalk.  Good chance to get a hoodie (although they are not good ones this year) for $20.   They still have plenty of AVP, Insidious, Crimson Peak, and maze shirts at $11.99 each,  Pretty much everything else is gone.

Edited by zombieman

I didn't think the crowds were that bad from my experience. And I was pretty up in their faces for extended periods of time too. o.o But those seem like spread out instances that you just happened to show up at all of them to.

Also, where'd you buy your shirt and chain? The store inside the park was closed when I went before the event started, so I went to the one on City Walk, but it wasn't 70% off. And they barely had shit. D:<

Also, I think Tmrw was in Walking Dead. I saw him for a brief second.

I got it inside the store at the entrance. If you're looking for a Halloween shirt, I think I got one of the few large ones left. I don;t think there are any more, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Academy of Villains was in front of the Minions store on the lower lot. There was a small stage for a DJ and two go-gos, but the performance was actually on the ground. So unless you were in the "front row" of the circle, you couldn't see jack. They were dressed as french looking mimes and there were so many of them, they'd just be randomly roaming the park. Once I realized it wasn't a show-show, I just kept moving.

LMAO as Zombieman said, I can only imagine there'd be less than 1/4 of that room being filled each showing. Can't that auditorium fit around 6k people in it? lol

I wish I had video showing how empty it was. You could literally jump and skip in the Springfield-Pink's area where there's usually heavy traffic.

The Terror Tram line was only 2 zig zags.

I could slowly go through each maze with such a great pace and give myself space between myself and the next people. I got SUCH great scares in TWD, Insidious, AVP and TT. My second run through of Crimson was great. TITE I got all the scares too, but... ya know, unfortunately that maze is just NOT scary at all, so none of them really landed. The only maze I didn't get targeted was Halloween on the two trips I had. Both times I had a couple in front of me and so of course they got the scares instead (and the girl I was with wanted to run through the mazes, so she was often 10 steps ahead of me getting her own scares lol)

• Like 1

I'm on tram tonight. (Fitting for the last night). I just got blood on my face. You can find me in War of the Worlds with a striped hoodie and a shaker can. Being a total idiot. I recommend coming through. :D I'm having fun and it's a fairly open area. You can probably stick around a bit and watch if that interests you. 

My se times are 8:30-9:30. 10:30-11:30. And maybe at midnight, but I doubt it. . I may or may not stick around for a few extra minutes per set. :D I'll check my phone every break just n case. 

I'm on tram tonight. (Fitting for the last night). I just got blood on my face. You can find me in War of the Worlds with a striped hoodie and a shaker can. Being a total idiot. I recommend coming through. :D I'm having fun and it's a fairly open area. You can probably stick around a bit and watch if that interests you. 

My se times are 8:30-9:30. 10:30-11:30. And maybe at midnight, but I doubt it. . I may or may not stick around for a few extra minutes per set. :D I'll check my phone every break just n case. 

U should stay for final tram, I'll be on the lookout though

Well there was definitely more people here tonight. Only hit everything once and skipped jabawockies by choice. The final terror tram was fun, but next year I'll go slower with it. I waited about 10 mins for the cast to get there. Final chainsaw chase out was also cool. And since I have no courage in going up to people I know but have never actually met. Here's a picture I took of John Murdy even though I was standing near him for half an hour 

image.jpeg

• Like 1