HHNH 2015 Suggestions, Issues, and Improvments

Grindhouse, I certainly agree with this. As the event is growing in popularity, I just feel like they're trying to cater way too much to cater to the YOLO/MTV/Magic Mountain/teeny bopper crowd to grow more. The kind that goes to HHN because they have the mentality of "its scawy and I wanna survive" instead of enjoying the event like the fans do. Its pretty clear when they have something like Jabawockeez, something that has zero to do with Halloween or horror, to entertain the crowds. Some of them are trying to avoid the "scary stuff" just to see them. TITE is apparently trying to tap into that teenage niche with those big name celebreties. HHN is trying to tap into a market that isn't meant to be and will bring in people that don't know what they want and will complain about the event and water down something they don't really care much to spend more money on anyway. 

Like Grind said, they really need to stop forcing the whole celebrity thing. Unless they're horror related, just stop forcing it. Remember when HHN held those short film contests? They were never really great, but at least they were meant for straight on horror. That's a very far cry from where we are now in terms of that appeal. I fear further appeal of this sort will water the event down. 

But on that subject, I want Hollywood to be able to do something truly original, something that's not shoved in with a rock star or celebrity. Maybe Murdy can do his take on an Alice in Wonderland maze. 

Oh yeah, Universal really needs to stop thinking so cheaply about the event. It feels like they're doing just the bare minimum to keep the guest happy, the lines are outrageous. If they're going to charge the whole lot of money for the event they need an offer at least another hour or another major or something. It's really unsettling to see all these cutbacks, including VIP, get cut all the prices go up. While I haven't gone yetyet, at least the quality has, from what I heard, significantly improved from before. But when you cut back on more stuff in the lines are outrageous yes satisfaction will go down and people won't be driven to spend as much money as they could. Universal really needs to take that into consideration. Follow what Knott's does by upping their merchandise came in by offering more entertainment to suck people in. That will keep us happy if the lines are too long for mazes and will help spread things out.

• Like 3

Okay I'll bring up my point now.

First off non of the maze properties this year is a cash grab. TITE was a bold move that just didn't pan out well Murdy himself said it was either gonna be really good and really bad there was no middle ground it can be saved to be a decent maze but it missed the mark so far. But TITE was not aimed for teenyboppers. It's an R rated movie based on actors who became big in the early 2000s. 

But out yes one of the problems is Universal lately has been trying to package a R rated event to to a PG 13 crowd lately and more so this year. Though I should say nothing wrong with kids going I mean my brother and sister came with me when they were 12. But it should be made more clear that this an adult event and that kids under a certain age should have parental guidance. They to stick to their guns but I'll get into this more later.

• Like 1

That Jabba show sure seemed to be packing people in in the queue. Still doesn't get the wait times down AT ALL though.

If this Fast and Furious weekend doesn't help with capacity at all, I strongly urge Uni to start thinking about adding something else on the upper lot to get people to gravitate away from the lower lot. Heck, maybe even open Shrek 4D -- show some horror clips if you want, but do something with that nice big theatre that can fill people in. Animal Actors, there's critters sleeping okay, decent excuse, but there's no reason you can't use Shrek. Before there was a maze there, had to use the queue, so that was problematic, but again, no excuse anymore.

In fact, what would really be cool is if there was a Crimson Peak sneak... peak... ;) in there like Disneyland does for their movies, with 4D type environments. Not only would this get people interested in the movie, but also make them more familiar and want to go to the backlot to see the maze. DOUBLE WHAMMY with driving people away from the lower lot.

Now realistically, I know it'd cost some dough and take some time to convert a Crimson Peak sneak peek 4D experience into the Shrek auditorium. However, a regular sneak peek of the movie would cost almost nothing. How many people does it take to run that attraction?

It'd also be cool to see a horror special effects show, like the Special Effects Stages back when it was on the lower lot. A quick little 10 min presentation with some fun and informative gory moments. This could fit in the theatre across from Despicable Me. Right now, Dark Christmas is an extremely low traffic area with House of Horrors closed.

I know Uni is trying to save money, hence the cutback on so many options, but this cheap strategy is really digging into the event, making the event a less fun experience for guests because of the insane wait times. VIP was also a good way to get a lot of guests away on the tours, thus lowering capacity in the lines.

Spend a little more money, add more options throughout the park, improve guest morale, and send everyone home happy.

Universal, hire me...

Now that you've bright that up I'm surprised they haven't don't that yet. 

First seriously they need to stop trying to be hip... who the hell is ruining  running everything this year? Jabawokeez? MTV kids? Netflix and chill? God that kid running the SC is annoying "This Maze is Hype!" is that seriously the kid who broke into Halloween? Only good thing out of that fiasco is they fixed the boo holes in TITE they added black curtains and Emma Watson is a trigger scare now.

• Like 3

First seriously they need to stop trying to be hip... who the hell is ruining  running everything this year? Jabawokeez? MTV kids? Netflix and chill? God that kid running the SC is annoying "This Maze is Hype!" is that seriously the kid who broke into Halloween? Only good thing out of that fiasco is they fixed the boo holes in TITE they added black curtains and Emma Watson is a trigger scare now.

I'm convinced HHN Hollywood is now run by 4Chan and TMZ..