HHNH 2015 Suggestions, Issues, and Improvments

Edit: (Grind) 

Those of the older of us HNN members will remember this oldie but goodie.

Please place any problem you have with HHNH this year and ways you think this year can be improved.

(PS I merge two threads to make this so please excuse our stardust) - Grind

i feel like the early entry "secret" should have been kept a "secret" its advertised like crazy on your ticket on the insta,facebook even the damn entrance when getting by security they should let a certain amount of people in like the first 500 or LESS the reason it was a bit better last year was due to it only being advertised by John on his twitter and they didnt allow access to anything else only HHN related stuff. Now they let you roam around like a regular daytime guest which is what gets people to want to come earlier "why pay to go to universal daytime if i can come early for hhn and do all daytime activities for free!"

This is really important and I feel should be addressed by next weekend. I don't know for sure any of these ideas could work, but there has to be something better than what we experienced this weekend.

- Easy route, go back to the old early access method.
- Make early access less early (6 instead of 5)
- Make the interval of time time early access people get in be shorter (5 - 5:30) instead of (5-6:15)
- Make it a limited amount of people cap ("the first 5000 people to arrive" or whatever, I don't know how the capacity is there haha)
- Don't allow people to line or loiter next to the queue entrances before 6:30.
- Force people to stay on the upper lot until 6:20.
- Open up This Is The End for Early Entry as well.
- Don't allow FOL during Early Entry (I mean, that's just RIDICULOUS and held up the line a bit).

Any combination of methods. But having two of your star mazes jump up to 100 minutes before the park even opens is unacceptable!
When it was the backlot, the regular entry people at least had a chance if they booked it right after the scaramonies to get to the backlot within 30 minutes before those lines even reached an hour.

I've talked to a few people already who did not get to experience all the mazes, which is just silly considering there's only 6 of them. I feel a bit ripped off I didn't even have time to see Jabbawockeez! And no, that 6:15 show with an FOL to one of the backlot mazes (which have the shortest lines all night) is not a good substitution, Uni considering that show gets out around 7 and they're just as screwed as the regular entry people anyway.

Figure it out and make it work, PLEASE.

Yeah, the event basically begins at 6:30 now with how many freakin' people they let in for early entry. And with only 2 mazes open with nobody thinking about the rides, where else are they gonna gooooooo?

• Like 2

I have a few suggestion based on everyone reviews and such

Early Entry- So from what it sounds like is they combined First Stab and Early Entry with non of the perks but to be honest this is a simple fix...

1. Don't open Insidious, TWD, or This Is The End... Open AVP, Crimson Peak, and Terror Tram

2. Use the same rules as First Stab... star letting Early Entry in at 5:30-6:00, get them wrist banded and let them in. Only allow them in the lower lot for about an hour they can get rides in, eat, or line up. Once it hits a certain time lets say 6:15 start getting people's Wrist bands checked and then they can line  up at the tram pick up for the back lot or Terror Tram (their choice) where at 6:30 they head out to either the back lot or Terror Tram where you can actually finish either or in about 30 minutes and be back at the main park as the regular crowds walk in.

This Is The End-

1. Facade & Queue- I feel like the Winged Demon is on the facade if not it should be also TITE has a great sound track and would be cool to hear some of it played at the facade to set the mood. It gives more of the vibe that you are showing up to a party WHEN things go instead of just walking through the aftermath. "In A World (Rapture's Delight)" by KRS - One which is the song that plays when Seth and Jay roll up to the party or "When The Sh*t goes Down" by Cypress Hill which is the song Danny wakes up to.

2. Password- It's f'en stupid and unfair to the hardcore fans to let the scare patrol hand out the Passwords prize because they can be anywhere at any time hell I only encounter them once in the last few years they have been doing their thing. Instead and it's a simple fix, have Paul Rudd outside the facade freaking out with his  bottle of champagne add the girl who's head get's stepped on at the entrance just for a little more reference to that part in the movie. Tell Paul the password and he hands over the invitation saying like "Here take it I need to get out here!".

3. Characters- The same Demon is overused since it's not even in the movie cut half of them and replace like one with possessed Jonah vomiting (since they love their water gags) ect ect if you think about you can come up with some good quick and effective solutions. Also at least add some more distractions so the boo holes are not so obvious Rape Demon's shadow, James Franco hiding food, or even a Jonah with a prop gun. Again some easy solves can happen if you think about it.  

Honestly, for such an "out of the box" concept the maze itself didn't feel very out of the box. It was decent, I had fun in it at least, but I was expecting much more from the description Murdy gave. Vomiting Jonah would have been pretty cool! I also feel like there were just way too many boo hole scares in the first half of the maze, I'm guessing that's due to the amount of stuff on the demon suits ( at least I think? Idk) but that just goes back to the issue with the same demon appearing over and over again. I also would've preferred to see the  Emma Watson character actually come out of a doorway like in the movie rather than standing in a boo hole. I was also kinda hoping to see the drug scene with that weird Danny McBride with teeth for eyes thing as a scare actor. Also, although I think the second half of the maze was probably the best, the hell parts were a bit lackluster, especially since we've seen them do a much better 3D depiction of hell in the beginning of Black Sabbath as well as ACGTH. I'm looking forward to seeing more non horror properties at the event, and it seems like Murdy has a couple more up his sleeve. I just feel like much more could've been done with this film than was given. 

Side note- who were those characters in the first scene with the bats? 

Edited by Ridesandstuff
  • Like 1

Speaking of which, I feel SO SORRY for anyone who has those dialogue repeat roles, which there seems to be ALOT of this year.
I can't imagine how mind numbingly annoying it must be to stand in one spot for HOURS and mouth the words "he's got your baby" every time a light hits you, which is every 10 seconds or so.
The amount of money you'd need to be pay me to do that is far beyond a practical amount.
Like, you don't even get to actually SAY the words, which then you'd get to change up every once and awhile and make fun for yourself, but you're strictly prohibited to mouthing the words of these dang lines at least 10 times a minute,
Which is even worse for Emma Watson who has to physically throw an axe on each one of those intervals.
I imagine those are the most challenging roles, more so than any heavy lifting role, because these are psychologically damaging. That's just how I'd feel though haha

Speaking of which, I feel SO SORRY for anyone who has those dialogue repeat roles, which there seems to be ALOT of this year.
I can't imagine how mind numbingly annoying it must be to stand in one spot for HOURS and mouth the words "he's got your baby" every time a light hits you, which is every 10 seconds or so.
The amount of money you'd need to be pay me to do that is far beyond a practical amount.
Like, you don't even get to actually SAY the words, which then you'd get to change up every once and awhile and make fun for yourself, but you're strictly prohibited to mouthing the words of these dang lines at least 10 times a minute,
Which is even worse for Emma Watson who has to physically throw an axe on each one of those intervals.
I imagine those are the most challenging roles, more so than any heavy lifting role, because these are psychologically damaging. That's just how I'd feel though haha

By Novemer 3rd if I were one of the girls who played Emma I would probably have a breakdown every time someone said "fucking around"

• Like 1

Another thing...

I get this Hollywood and especially this event having a lot of movies based mazes but I think it's time to move away from all this celebrity bull shit.  I'm looking up videos of the event and spammed with "What does this MTV teeny bopper think is scary...from the HHN red carpet". I have 2 problems with 1.) like everything good HHN has given us The Eye Gores were taken away so why is there a need for a red carpet? all you're doing is delaying a SZ. 2.) Honestly if you have no connection to horror or Universal films why should I care? I mean a few people get a pass like Jamie Kennedy and David Arquette and a few minor people who have something to do with upcoming horror films or people from Universal movies like Jurassic World or Straight out of Compton. Side note poor Travis Barker he looked liked they forced him on the red carpet he showed up with his kids just to be asked dumb questions and his kids looked like they just wanted to be in the mazes already I mean the dude came obviously just to take his kids and have a good time not be asked about Tom Deloung. Besides I saw none who had anything to do with the mazes... No Leigh W., No James Wan, No Franco, No Nicatero just this kid from Teen Wolf (I also have a point about the MTV satrs and such but I'll save that for later.)

It's Simple no Eye gore no red carpet time and effort can be placed on A LOT of other things that need it. Perfectly fine to have an album on your FB or Instagram of celebrities at the event maybe a quick interview for the end of the year "What people think of HHN" video but lets not make them the main focus any more.

Edited by Grindhousehero13
  • Like 3

Another thing...

I get this Hollywood and especially this event having a lot of movies based mazes but I think it's time to move away from all this celebrity bull shit.  I'm looking up videos of the event and spammed with "What does this MTV teeny bopper think is scary...from the HHN red carpet". I have 2 problems with 1.) like everything good HHN has given us The Eye Gores were taken away so why is their a need for a red carpet? all you're doing is delaying a SZ. 2.) Honestly if you have no connection to horror or Universal films why should I care? I mean a few people get a pass like Jamie Kennedy and David Arquette and a few minor people who have something to do with upcoming horror films or people from Universal movies like Jurassic World or Straight out of Compton. Side note poor Travis Barker he looked liked they forced him on the red carpet he showed up with his kids just to be asked dumb questions and his kids looked like they just wanted to be in the mazes already I mean the dude came obviously just to take his kids and have a good time not be asked about Tom Deloung. Besides I saw none who had anything to do with the mazes... No Leigh W., No James Wan, No Franco, No Nicatero just this kid from Teen Wolf (I also have a point about the MTV satrs and such but I'll save that for later.)

It's Simple no Eye gore no red carpet time and effort can be placed on A LOT of other things that need it. Perfectly fine to have an album on your FB or Instagram of celebrities at the event maybe a quick interview for the end of the year "What people think of HHN" video but lets not make them the main focus any more.

Amazing point

• Like 1

Another thing...

I get this Hollywood and especially this event having a lot of movies based mazes but I think it's time to move away from all this celebrity bull shit.  I'm looking up videos of the event and spammed with "What does this MTV teeny bopper think is scary...from the HHN red carpet". I have 2 problems with 1.) like everything good HHN has given us The Eye Gores were taken away so why is their a need for a red carpet? all you're doing is delaying a SZ. 2.) Honestly if you have no connection to horror or Universal films why should I care? I mean a few people get a pass like Jamie Kennedy and David Arquette and a few minor people who have something to do with upcoming horror films or people from Universal movies like Jurassic World or Straight out of Compton. Side note poor Travis Barker he looked liked they forced him on the red carpet he showed up with his kids just to be asked dumb questions and his kids looked like they just wanted to be in the mazes already I mean the dude came obviously just to take his kids and have a good time not be asked about Tom Deloung. Besides I saw none who had anything to do with the mazes... No Leigh W., No James Wan, No Franco, No Nicatero just this kid from Teen Wolf (I also have a point about the MTV satrs and such but I'll save that for later.)

I am honestly surprised (yet not surprised) that the Eyegore Awards didn't return this year.. I wonder what the reason might be?

• Like 1

or near the end of this is the end when Craig Robinson says "Welcome to heaven mutha fukas" lol

Amazing point

thank you and it's true I mean HHN Orlando or Knott's Scary Farm do not do this so what's the point? It does not heighten the event not like Celebrities won't show up I seen a few famous people here or there and I always go the last weekend I just don't know what kind of person would go to HHN just cuz someone famous showed up the week before. 

I am honestly surprised (yet not surprised) that the Eyegore Awards didn't return this year.. I wonder what the reason might be?

Probably the same reason they did away with a maze, a Scarezone, and the VIP... to pay the Jabawokeez to do nothing important.

Damn better stop drinking the Kool-Aid starting to sound like Freak. lol

• Like 1

That Jabba show sure seemed to be packing people in in the queue. Still doesn't get the wait times down AT ALL though.

If this Fast and Furious weekend doesn't help with capacity at all, I strongly urge Uni to start thinking about adding something else on the upper lot to get people to gravitate away from the lower lot. Heck, maybe even open Shrek 4D -- show some horror clips if you want, but do something with that nice big theatre that can fill people in. Animal Actors, there's critters sleeping okay, decent excuse, but there's no reason you can't use Shrek. Before there was a maze there, had to use the queue, so that was problematic, but again, no excuse anymore.

In fact, what would really be cool is if there was a Crimson Peak sneak... peak... ;) in there like Disneyland does for their movies, with 4D type environments. Not only would this get people interested in the movie, but also make them more familiar and want to go to the backlot to see the maze. DOUBLE WHAMMY with driving people away from the lower lot.

Now realistically, I know it'd cost some dough and take some time to convert a Crimson Peak sneak peek 4D experience into the Shrek auditorium. However, a regular sneak peek of the movie would cost almost nothing. How many people does it take to run that attraction?

It'd also be cool to see a horror special effects show, like the Special Effects Stages back when it was on the lower lot. A quick little 10 min presentation with some fun and informative gory moments. This could fit in the theatre across from Despicable Me. Right now, Dark Christmas is an extremely low traffic area with House of Horrors closed.

I know Uni is trying to save money, hence the cutback on so many options, but this cheap strategy is really digging into the event, making the event a less fun experience for guests because of the insane wait times. VIP was also a good way to get a lot of guests away on the tours, thus lowering capacity in the lines.

Spend a little more money, add more options throughout the park, improve guest morale, and send everyone home happy.

Universal, hire me...

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1