HHN 25 Unmasking The Horror Photos & Videos

Mark M.

• Mark M. pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, just got home today and am too tired to type much up, but here are some photo albums from the tours.  Did both the AM and PM ones and we were one of the first groups to see Insidious.  The reason it wasn't on the tour earlier was it was too dark, they built the walls and stuff up in the house higher than usual and there wasn't enough light to do lights on tours...but they added more later.

BTW - SPOILERS ABOUND!

25 Years of Mayhem

Freddy vs Jason

Insidious

Asylum in Wonderland 3D

Body Collectors

The Walking Dead

We also were allowed in the back door of AWIL to get a quick selfie with the last wolf in the house which was really cool.  So Run and The Purge were the only houses not included at all on our dual tours.

EDIT:  A couple things to mention if you do the dual tours.  My whole group, 15 people, were doing both tours.  We were with the tour guide for 7 hours with a ~40min lunch break in Springfield.  Also, I bought the premium lanyard the first day there thinking we'd get two generic ones on the tours (based on past experiences when I've either done AM or PM tours, but never both)...but the combo tour apparently gets the awesome Jack "premium" lanyard.  So if you plan on doing both tours, you might want to hold off on buying that.

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 4

I did the tours on Saturday the 3rd and did Insidious , TWD and Asylum in the morning and Jack Presents 25 years , FvJ and the Body collectors in the afternoon

I did the tours the same day so mine were the same (though was in a different group).  I think that Insidious is probably now a permanent part of the dual tours and unless they have a house unavailable that they substitute Run for that this is pretty solid.  The afternoon tour is MUCH better if you're only doing one...but they have to have the "back of the park ones" in the morning since they get quite warm.  Then again, maybe the AM and PM only tours use a completely different lineup.  That's possible to even them out as my tour was a full self contained group that stuck together with a 40min lunch break. 

That's a loooooong way of saying that if you're only doing one tour, find someone else who only did one and see what their list was.

Also, just an interesting tidbit, the other two times I did UTH tours there were only 2 groups that went on each tour with 2 guides each.  This year, we had a single guide and there were at least 4 groups there (I was in the second group to leave...but the room we were in was still at least half full when left).  They also said "Every tour has been completely sold out", but my friend bought a ticket the day before without any problem other than not being on sign-in sheet and needing to have them verify his ticket.  They asked if he was with anybody and they made sure he got stuck in my group which was really nice of them.

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 1

Here's to hoping for the morning lineup HHNUK witnessed. I would love to see the Insidious house and my wife is dying to see TWD. Asylum will be cool because of the 3D concept.

I'll be sure to report back with the lineup we witnessed.

• Like 1

My wife and I took the AM tour this morning with Mike C. He was an awesome guide and Universal made the right choice by hiring him for this position. 

We did Insidious, Asylum, 25 Years, then a sneak peek into the Piccadilly Square room of AWIL. It was a great experience that I recommend to any HHN fan!

• Like 1

My wife and I took the AM tour this morning with Mike C. He was an awesome guide and Universal made the right choice by hiring him for this position. 

We did Insidious, Asylum, 25 Years, then a sneak peek into the Piccadilly Square room of AWIL. It was a great experience that I recommend to any HHN fan!

Didn't even realize that I was in your tour group! I was the blonde kid with his dad.

But yes, Mike was an excellent guide!

Edited by YouDontKnowJack