Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem

Mark M.

There really are not any GATs. Not even in run. I do wish people would stop trying to mess around with props intentionally as to not accidentally break them.

The pulling of the rope is just a bungee rope. Doesn't do anything but it's pull-able. I think only one rope is designed like that. I messed around with it in the UTH tour.  

As for the bear I'm interested in trying it. Maybe I'll try to convince a few friends to go. I love the bear though, I couldn't stop petting the puppet on the tour. It's just so cute and fuzzy. Realistic looking even. I just hope the actors don't find it annoying. 

I'm pretty sure at least one of the actors run the account, and it is SO much fun to follow on twitter. Really great aspect of the event, even if it's unofficial! They've conversed with the official HHN twitter as well, they're well aware of it. 

Also that Jack's been there since day 1. The suit of armor blocks the spot quite a bit though, so it works better without it there.

Heyyouguysss ... I don't think I can offer any original praise on this so I just had a question.. In the Gothic room ... How does the floorrrr worrrrkkk?

Sorry I couldn't help it. My question is this : The facade with the curtains and all... If you look at it the right way it echoes the shape of Jack's teeth. Is this intentional? I kept trying to take a picture of what I was seeing on the UTH tour today but none of them came out right. 

Heyyouguysss ... I don't think I can offer any original praise on this so I just had a question.. In the Gothic room ... How does the floorrrr worrrrkkk?

There's a mirror reflecting props hanging on the ceiling to give the depth feel.  When you look over the balcony once you first get into the scene, the illusion is absolutely perfect.  When you look through the second view after the column, you can clearly see the mirror sections and the seams along with the placement level of the mirror, which isn't far below at all.

• Like 1

There's a mirror reflecting props hanging on the ceiling to give the depth feel.  When you look over the balcony once you first get into the scene, the illusion is absolutely perfect.  When you look through the second view after the column, you can clearly see the mirror sections and the seams along with the placement level of the mirror, which isn't far below at all.

Thanks for the answer but that question was a joke :) I feel like it's been already answered ad nauseum before .. My real question was about the Jack Teeth thing. 

This (the mirror) is still one of the best effects I've ever seen. Maybe THE best. 

So...I was originally going to make this it's own thread, but I figure I'll just put it here. 

What changes (houses included wise) would you have made?

Of the top of my head, The HAVOC scene and Christmas (Bloodengutz / Cleaver / whatever) scene can go. Forsaken grew on me. Catacombs should've been in. I feel it's weird that in two anniversary compilation houses, the original HHN Orlando house, Dungeon of Terror, has gotten representation in neither. 

So...I was originally going to make this it's own thread, but I figure I'll just put it here. 

What changes (houses included wise) would you have made?

Of the top of my head, The HAVOC scene and Christmas (Bloodengutz / Cleaver / whatever) scene can go. Forsaken grew on me. Catacombs should've been in. I feel it's weird that in two anniversary compilation houses, the original HHN Orlando house, Dungeon of Terror, has gotten representation in neither. 

Well, Dungeon of Terror was a hodgepodge of scenes with little continuity between them. So, there's nothing to really make it stand out as DoT.

But scenes that should have been featured?

Tell-Tale Heart Room from Nevermore.

Saloon or Sheriff's Office from Ghost Town

Severed triceratops head from JP Evilution 

Chapel from Dark Torment 

Rope Climb or Classroom from Orfanage

Director's Screening Room from Horror Night Nightmares

• Like 6

Bloodengutz is the Christmas room right? 

that one bothers me because a Bloodengutz room should have been his TV room, the one where he presented the movies from. 

it should have had the chair and the lights and a camera prop... and of course an actor playing Bloodengutz.

• Like 1

Tell-Tale Heart Room from Nevermore.

Saloon or Sheriff's Office from Ghost Town

Severed triceratops head from JP Evilution 

Director's Screening Room from Horror Night Nightmares

Add in a Catacombs room and I 100% agree. Also, turn the finale into a room with ALL icons, not just Jack. Take out HAVOC, Forsaken, and Castle Vampyr rooms to make all this happen. I was hoping for a wider variety, but I LOVE what we have sans those 2 rooms so I can't really complain.

• Like 2

maybe it wasn't possible or maybe the end of the house was spread built, but It could have been nice if the end of the house with the two chainsaws was made into a final room inside the house ( or maybe a room before the jack room)

the props were there, the actors had their costumes. I know that house ending is a big surprise for people and no one expects two chainsaws after it was over, but inside it could have been cool too

maybe it wasn't possible or maybe the end of the house was spread built, but It could have been nice if the end of the house with the two chainsaws was made into a final room inside the house ( or maybe a room before the jack room)

the props were there, the actors had their costumes. I know that house ending is a big surprise for people and no one expects two chainsaws after it was over, but inside it could have been cool too

The saws are outside due to their fumes. The only time you can have saws indoors is when they're not actually running and sound effects are used instead. I would have liked to have seen them continue the house up until the actual stage exit, like they used to, but I'm guessing there's a reason they always leave an empty space at the end now. 

I personally would have removed Forsaken, Havoc and Bloodengutz and replaced them with Winter's Night, Catacombs and The Thing. I also would've scrapped the rather jumbled homage to Screamhouse/LT/Dead End and just made it a more recognizable Screamhouse scene. Not really sure what they were thinking there. Also, I think they should have tried to include the other icons as well. The entrance is themed around them, yet you only see 4 of those characters in the actual house.

• Like 1

I agree with a lot of people here in that a lot of potential was missed here, and what I find especially disappointing is that not a single house from the 90's made it in (unless you count the Universal Monsters). Still a really fun house overall (and plus it has a really awesome queue video).

• Like 1

I think this house is massively overrated. It's definitely an awesome house, but I don't think it's my favorite this year and I don't get why it's getting the best reviews of any house of all time. For one, for a house that is supposed to be about 25 years of HHN they only actually pay tribute to houses done in the past 5-10 years. Secondly, I just prefer a house under one theme that plays out as you go through.

I'd rank it 3rd this year and it still is a top 15 house at worst for me all time, but it doesn't get me the same way it has others.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to be the last person through this house last night! Shout out to the awesome guy I met in line, I know he's on this forum and I'm still waiting for him to text me his name! 

It it was pretty magical to be there for the end. I got every scare, a bear dance, and almost every time I waved at an actor, they waved back. What an ending. 

• Like 2

but I'm guessing there's a reason they always leave an empty space at the end now. 

Based on what my tour guide said, the long space at the end of the house leading out was to trick people going through who thought after they left the ss that the house would be over. That way the two chainsaws would surprise guests more.

• Like 1

Based on what my tour guide said, the long space at the end of the house leading out was to trick people going through who thought after they left the ss that the house would be over. That way the two chainsaws would surprise guests more.

Oooor the house wasn't finished when the Scream rights fell through and they cut the house short and used the budget for the remaining few scenes to go turn Scream into Purge :rolleyes:

That's what I was told at least. A Nevermore (Tell Tale Heart specifically) and Catacombs scene were apparently both planned.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed this house. Just looking around and pointing out everything I know was fun. There was one part I think it was a church where The Caretaker was standing right next to me and I point at him and say "Holy hell you're The Caretaker!" And he had his scissors in his hands and he just snipped the scissors at me really quick. I still had my finger up I promise you if I had my finger an inch closer Caretaker would have cut off my finger lol. That would have been a real good story to tell.

Edited by Johnnyawesomev1

• Mark M. changed the title to Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem