Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem

Mark M.

Agreed that the Forsaken scene is weak as it stands. Probably the weakest thing for me.

I think it worked for me because on our Friday night run through, we had the strangest thing happen.  For whatever reason the line stopped.  It was like a ride breaking down.  I've never had that happen in a house.  And I still have no idea what held us up.  We were stuck in the Forsaken area for probably a good 60 seconds.  That's a long time to be in one particular area, at least it felt that way.  The whole time the actors were practically jumping over the barriers to get to us and with the added time I got a really good look at their masks/make-up.  It was actually pretty cool.  Compare that to another regular run through we had and it wasn't quite as intense.

I think it worked for me because on our Friday night run through, we had the strangest thing happen.  For whatever reason the line stopped.  It was like a ride breaking down.  I've never had that happen in a house.  And I still have no idea what held us up.  We were stuck in the Forsaken area for probably a good 60 seconds.  That's a long time to be in one particular area, at least it felt that way.  The whole time the actors were practically jumping over the barriers to get to us and with the added time I got a really good look at their masks/make-up.  It was actually pretty cool.  Compare that to another regular run through we had and it wasn't quite as intense.

They just stood and looked at me in that scene. But I got stuck in the Blood N' Guz scene for quite some time Friday.  Was pretty intense.

Same thing happened in Insidious as I was literally trying to walk out the door. An op told me to stop and they allowed scareactors past the door from one side to the other. Looked like a cast change.

• Like 1

It was pretty bizarre.  In all my years going, I've never been held up in one location like that.  I'll give props to the scareactors as they did the best they could in that situation.  They couldn't hide and pop back out while we're all still standing there so they took it to the next level.

Ladies on the bed, perfect. I can't imagine the amount of sexual comments you hear every night but you're killing it. One of you followed me from one side of the bed to the other, and it was fucking HOT. I can't imagine that being comfortable with the amount of assholes and weirdos that come through there every night. Keep it up :)

• Like 5

Some changes I saw in my runthrough today:

• The JACK WIGS AND MASKS ARE FINALLY IN. THANK YOU HHN GOD.
  • The finale now has all the static mannequins dressed as the forms of Jack. Also, I think they lowered the strobes a bit.
  • THE FORSAKEN WERE TRYING. THEY GROW SO FAST.
  • New static Nightingale which the soldier in the scene shoots at. Good change here, as before he just sorta lay there.
  • This house is my undethroneable #1.
  • Like 2

So, it sounds like I missed the HR Bloodengutz room in this. May have been reeling too much from getting attacked by Nic Cage (circa Wicker Man :lol:). Anyone got a clue what it was?

It's the Christmas scene, where you walk through the "freezer" hallway. There's a female elf on the right and a santa with a chainsaw on your left, both behind the flaps of the freezer. Tons of strobes going off.

I've heard some say it's Bloodengutz and some mention that the freezer set-up was right out of Leave it to Cleaver.

To me, other than the fact that it's Christmas, it's a poor representation of Bloodengutz

I've heard it represents Home for the Holidays from 07, but I think it's meant to be a callback to Bloodengutz.

I think people were expecting to see Bloodengutz himself, but that's not the case. I love the room, personally. Everytime I walk through I tense up cuz I can't see a damn thing with the strobes and it feels like they're gonna hit me xD

That's exactly what it is, I think the UTH tour guide said Santa with a chainsaw, some Christmas lighting or those plastic things the go through when you enter a freezer had white and red coloring, which might have also been a reference to Leave it to Cleaver, but yeah that room was a mix up of those two houses

This house is AMAZING. This is my absolute favorite house! Every run through I had was incredible! The Santa with a chainsaw got me so bad every single time I went through this house.. as did the Jacks. This house was amazing not just because of the scares but because of the scenes.. although I do agree it needed a catacombs scene! Catacombs was one of the best houses I've ever gone though so I don't understand why they didn't show it some love!

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed this house, although I felt that a better set could of been used for the Foresaken, Nightengales, and the Christmas scene. The Foresaken set barely allowed the actors to do anything and was pretty empty. The Nightengales scene should of looked like the inside of the bunker, it was pretty dark inside and we were being rushed through, but it appeared to be an outside scene. The Christmas set was just blah, just a long hallway with clear Christmas curtains. The other stages were much more exciting and alive, they really made up for the lack of design on the previously mentioned scenes. Still a great house, but I would of enjoyed a better set design for the stages I was looking forward to. 

They really should of included Catacombs.

Also I believe there's a GAT , I remember pulling on a chain/rope thing nad air/water hitting my friend behind me.

There are no GAT's this year.  I work in Monsters and Mayhem as I have previously said.  Please know that you aren't doing anything when you walk around pulling on all the ropes.  The air and water was probably either in the Nightingale room or by the Phantom of the Opera, which is triggered by the actors.

I'd have to see the saw one for myself, but as far as I'm aware and have been told, there are no GAT's this year.  Too many people messing around with props they shouldn't and they end up breaking so I've been told.  But I can say for sure that there are no GAT's in M&M.

Chant "bear bear bear bear bear!" and the Bear will do a dance for you!

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but the Bear is developing a HUGE following due to a terrific fake Twitter account @hhnbear. 

If it is fake? IDK if it isn't actually done by one or both of the scare actors who play the Bear.

• Like 4

• Mark M. changed the title to Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem