Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem

Mark M.

And that just scratches the surface...

I'm wondering how this house will be setup. Hallow'd Past had the warehouse setting, and a room or 2 with a hodgepodge of old characters before the past scenes began. My best guess for a facade is a circus tent, maybe with a marquee labeling some of the houses featured on the inside. Being presented by Jack, I'm sure he's in here a lot. Transitions could be something like a very small hallway with the poster of the year the house was from, kinda like Hallow'd Past.

Now this is house is in SS21, which is significantly bigger than TWD's SS25 from last year. If they use the whole thing, this is going to be freaking MASSIVE. I'm guessing this is gonna be a 50-60+ per cast kinda house.

I'm hoping for Catacombs, Hades, ScreamHouse, Ghost Town, Dracula 09 (Cuz it's one of only 6 houses I've missed in 10 years), Vampyr, and some 90's goodness.

Hell, they should make the finale the scene from Dark Torment with a slide and goddamn ball pit. 

We should also expect:

Frankenstein

Wolfman

Dracula proper

The Creature possibly.

That's the thing... Half the house will be the Classic Monsters. So, the number of rooms dedicated to previous years is a lot lower than expected.

Frightanic is likely to show up again.

Dead Exposure is likely to show up again.

Treaks and Foons will likely show up again.

And don't expect "epic scenes" from previous houses. It will be scenes that basically capture the essence of the entire house. Nightingales' scene will likely be the MASH tent with bodies in the bunks.

Gothic will likely be the candle room.

Forsaken is likely the prison.

And Dark Torment will be forgotten.

We should also expect:

Frankenstein

Wolfman

Dracula proper

The Creature possibly.

That's the thing... Half the house will be the Classic Monsters. So, the number of rooms dedicated to previous years is a lot lower than expected.

Frightanic is likely to show up again.

Dead Exposure is likely to show up again.

Treaks and Foons will likely show up again.

And don't expect "epic scenes" from previous houses. It will be scenes that basically capture the essence of the entire house. Nightingales' scene will likely be the MASH tent with bodies in the bunks.

Gothic will likely be the candle room.

Forsaken is likely the prison.

And Dark Torment will be forgotten.

Well that puts a damper on expectations. Lol

I don't expect those 3 at all. To dedicate scenes to those houses/zones, after already doing it (badly) in 2010, would be absolutely stupid. 

I'm expecting the most popular scenes from each house. The soldier rip from Nightingales. The catwalk of the church in Gothic. The tilted ship in Forsaken. 

This house will be big enough to hold a LOT of different houses, even if a bunch of classic monsters show up. 

Well that puts a damper on expectations. Lol

I don't expect those 3 at all. To dedicate scenes to those houses/zones, after already doing it (badly) in 2010, would be absolutely stupid. 

I'm expecting the most popular scenes from each house. The soldier rip from Nightingales. The catwalk of the church in Gothic. The tilted ship in Forsaken. 

This house will be big enough to hold a LOT of different houses, even if a bunch of classic monsters show up. 

Don't expect the most popular scenes. If they happen, great, but tempering expectations wouldn't hurt with a house like this. Those scenes are expensive to build. The fact that Scary Tales is getting ANOTHER scene in the Anniversary house despite getting a scarezone and a spin-off house this year is indicative of selections and the rooms you can expect.

Don't expect the most popular scenes. If they happen, great, but tempering expectations wouldn't hurt with a house like this. Those scenes are expensive to build. The fact that Scary Tales is getting ANOTHER scene in the Anniversary house despite getting a scarezone and a spin-off house this year is indicative of selections and the rooms you can expect.

I agree about tempering expectations, because over hyping something can make it seem worse than it is due to impossible expectations (Gringotts is a perfect example. Amazing ride, but not the best at the resort, and the way it was hyped made me expect something better, honestly).

But my understanding is that there's a reason Scary Tales specifically is being used again. However, it doesn't mean the rest of the scenes from Hallow'd Past will show up. If anything, definitely not Treaks, because that would be the most bone headed move ever. But I don't expect any 08 scenes outside of Scary Tales. 

The amount of Scary Tales stuff this year is pretty alarming, I'll agree. 

All I'm saying the older, the better I don't want every anniversary to be just repeat scenes of few years ago and maybe one scene from the 90's if we are lucky. I want the Classic Monsters in how they were represented in Dungeon of Terror, Would love to see Demon Cantina or Ghost Town, something that would make it amazing to see how far HHN has come. Not saying we shouldn't have any recent ones for the new fans but I'm not impressed for seeing a scene in a house 3 years ago than one a decade ago. Would make it amazing to see a broad range of scenes unlike Hallowed Past. We brought a whole House that was three years old so we should vary in the years. But because of that I'm anticipated for this house because of just the possibility.

• Like 1

Guest kiwisoup

So I was kinda wondering with the whole "mega house" size for this one, would people rather have twice as many scenes? or scenes twice the size? or maybe use the extra space to smooth out transitions? I don't know which I'd prefer...sounds like it will be the first option though with all these house name drops.

Edited by kiwisoup

With the size of SS21, info gathered by Mike and elsewhere, and the importance of this house, my guess is 18-20 scenes (10-12 of them being based on 1 property, 3-4 hodgepodge rooms of a bunch of characters from the past, 1-2 classic monster rooms, opening and finale)*, smooth enough transitions, and possibly a few larger scenes. But I'm guessing they went more for a "how much from the past can we physically slam into one giant ass house" approach rather than "how big can we make these scenes while still keeping the house about the same size walkthrough wise" approach, which is basically what they did with TWD. 

And none of my comments were of malice, Legacy, for what it's worth. I've just been given reason to believe some of your predictions were wrong, and seems they were xD

For the classic monsters, I was envisioning a scene like House of Horror's finale: 1-2 rooms with 6-7 of the monsters, some film reels dangling, and probably a bunch of props from the many many times they've done these guys. I can't see them being a big part of a house that has a LOT more to recognize. 

*none of those room specifics are backed by info. That's just a guess on my behalf. 

Edited by foREVer56

And none of my comments were of malice, Legacy, for what it's worth. I've just been given reason to believe some of your predictions were wrong, and seems they were xD

I know. I don't take these discussions personal anyway. It's all good.

That said, I'm still hearing some stuff that can impact opinions of the house.

There are fewer scenes than you'd expect. It makes wonder how it legitimately compares to TWD 3.0. It may physically be longer, but may not have more scenes.

The Classic Monsters each get a scene.

The houses may each get two scenes, and I've yet to hear of anything pre-2010.

So we may already know 90% of what's in the house.

And we've all seen the facade.

I know. I don't take these discussions personal anyway. It's all good.

That said, I'm still hearing some stuff that can impact opinions of the house.

Hidden Content

A scene for each monster? That's ridiculous for an anniversary house. If that's the case, Im going to be fairly disappointed content wise. 

I've heard of some pre-2010 material, including Scary Tales.

I'm assuming that Jack picture we all assumed was for the show is the facade?[\spoiler]

I really hope they don't drop the ball on this. Again. 

This house seems like it would be a clusterf*** with scenes all over the place. How will they tie it all together?

A good thought would be a transition room like in H.R. Bloodengutz when Jack would appear on some sort of Medium (whether it being a TV, Old timey radio, or have him in each room, very unlikely but a man can dream). 

There's possibly something from 07, but it's unconfirmed to me. 

Even if the scenes selected from the past arent very diverse again, if the house is well designed and scary, I will be more than ok with that. My biggest problem with Hallow'd Past was that it wasn't well executed or scary, on top it not being diverse. 

:wub:Gothic!!!:wub: But yeah wasn't sure what to expect with this house, and obviously we still don't entirely, but everything that has been said is beyond amazing. It is stuff like this and Body Collectors and a few other things this year that make me so excited!

While I kinda doubt we will be seeing the bridge scene from Gothic, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a flying gargoyle thrown into the mix of a couple other ones here and there. After all, that's the other thing that people went crazy over in the house, and I would assume it would be easier to recreate.

Edited by duh1011

JACK PRESENTS: 25 YEARS OF MONSTERS & MAYHEM Relive the most terrifying moments of the past 25 years as Jack releases our catalogue of creatures in one maze. You’ll be attacked by Universal classic monsters, meatgrinding maniacs and the fiends of Horror Nights past. Entrance: Next to Universal Studios Store Location: Soundstage 21 • Exit: Music Plaza courtyard

Laura Wallace just said during a presentation that "There will be 15 rooms throughout the entire house, more rooms than ANY other house in HHN history and Jack the Clown will be appearing all throughout the house in different forms for your entertainment."

Sounds like Jack may be popping up in key scenes from Horror Nights past which sounds pretty awesome to me.

• Like 4

• Mark M. changed the title to Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem