Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem

Mark M.

25-years-blog.jpg

Jack is back and he invites you to join him for the ultimate reunion in horror. Universal classic monsters will attack from the shadows, meat-grinding maniacs will rip every scream from your throat, and ghosts of Horror Nights past will stalk you around every corner. You’ll find yourself dying to get in and relive your most haunting memories of the past 25 years of Halloween Horror Nights.

25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem! The title says it all You are going to walk through scenes from the past! Forsaken! Nightingales! And more!

Also this maze is our largest!! Remember the size of Walking Dead last year.. Yup...

Monsters and Mayhem is presented by Jack!!!

Can anyone share which past HHN monsters/icons we can expect to see in this maze? Of course I have heard of Rat Lady but what else?!?!?! Having only been going since 2012, I want to study up so I can appreciate the icons as I make my way through this house on October 3rd! 

Can anyone share which past HHN monsters/icons we can expect to see in this maze? Of course I have heard of Rat Lady but what else?!?!?! Having only been going since 2012, I want to study up so I can appreciate the icons as I make my way through this house on October 3rd! 

Things you can expect to see in the maze because Mike mentioned them:

1. Universal Classic Monsters

2. The Forsaken (house from 2011)

3. Nightingales ( house from 2011)

4. H.R. BloodNGutz presents Holidays of Horror (house from 2011) (Mike confirmed that the holiday presented in this house will be........Christmas!

5. Gothic (house from 2012) 

Things I'd like/wish to see in this house:

1. S.S. Frightanic (house from 1998)

2. Scream House ( house that first appeared in 2002, has had a few sequels)

3. Dead Exposure ( house from 2008) 

4. Leave it to Cleaver ( house from 2009)

5. Catacombs: Black Death Rising ( house from 2010)

Mike did say this house will be as long as the TWD house last year, but I think it may be even a bit longer so who knows what other things will appear in this house! 

Do you guys think we will get scare zone representations in this house like we did with Hallow'd Past? Maybe "Treaks and Foons" (2002), The Coven (2010), Esqueleto Muerte (2010), Se7en (2011), Bayou of Blood (2014).....?

• Like 3

I've heard about the effect in Gothic where it looks like your looking down from a bridge of some sort, can someone explain that scene or what made it so great? Really looking forward to that if that's the scene they choose. 

Also, I've seen a video of Nightingales where the women pulls the soldiers upper half and he starts shooting because of that. Looked really cool. 

Since Jack is presenting the maze, does anyone have any guesses as to how the transitions will be or what the facade will be? Basically, what's the excuse that we'll be walking through the various themes and how many times do you think Jack will make an appearance? Will he be the only icon in the maze, and if so do you think he'll be scaring or just have a speaking role to welcome guests into the maze? Either way, this maze is one of my most anticipated! Can't wait to experience some of the fan favorites from previous years! 

I've heard about the effect in Gothic where it looks like your looking down from a bridge of some sort, can someone explain that scene or what made it so great? Really looking forward to that if that's the scene they choose. 

Also, I've seen a video of Nightingales where the women pulls the soldiers upper half and he starts shooting because of that. Looked really cool. 

Since Jack is presenting the maze, does anyone have any guesses as to how the transitions will be or what the facade will be? Basically, what's the excuse that we'll be walking through the various themes and how many times do you think Jack will make an appearance? Will he be the only icon in the maze, and if so do you think he'll be scaring or just have a speaking role to welcome guests into the maze? Either way, this maze is one of my most anticipated! Can't wait to experience some of the fan favorites from previous years! 

They've used that Gothic effect in other houses prior.  It's really cool and I know there are people on here who can really detail how the effect works.  But it's basically using mirrors to reflect a hidden scene (or not hidden) which then gives a great illusion to make it look like your looking far down, that you mysteriously went up levels.  Gothic's was done so well that it reflexively made me back track the first time seeing it trying to figure out if we walked up a ramp at some point.  Interstellar Terror in '08 also had good use of it making it appear like you looked out into deep space

As to Jack's presence, I wouldn't even begin to know anymore.  You'd think he'd have a large presence, but current marketing has often lead us into entirely different directions.  Should be a badass house regardless.  Nightingales was worthy enough for it's own sequel house.

• Like 1

If you looked to the left of one room it made it look like you were looking down into a cathedral. Used mirrors to accomplish this. Here's a terrible picture that sort of makes you understand how it looked without the proper lighting:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/68928263@N00/8145149541

• Like 2

That picture is actually pretty cool because it shows both the effect and also how the effect is done because you can see the mirror edging.  So the set was suspended from the ceiling upside down to reflect below right side up.

• Like 1

Gothic is also in my top 5 houses ever.  The scene you're referring to was breathtaking.  Combine that with literal flying gargoyles, and it was a true stunner.  I LOVED those flying gargoyles.. the one at the end of the maze that came flying directly at you out of the dark was awesome.  The whole house was another example of A&D's creative perfection.  When they nail it, they NAIL IT.  It thrills me that Gothic will be represented here.

If we had a wish list for favorite scenes - I'd say you would have to include the closet scene from the Michael Myers house.. outstanding.

• Like 2

Gothic was great, truly.  Every run through I had of it was amazing.  Had tons of scares and some of the most incredible scenery they've done before.  Didn't it tie with Dead End for HOTY that year?  Or maybe outright win it?

If you looked to the left of one room it made it look like you were looking down into a cathedral. Used mirrors to accomplish this. Here's a terrible picture that sort of makes you understand how it looked without the proper lighting:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/68928263@N00/8145149541

Terrible or not, it helped me understand the effect and now I'm even more excited so thank you! Damn, this maze can be something really special. 

• Like 2

It was first used in Dead silence in '07.

Whew, that house...she was one of the more creepy characters I've ever seen at the event.  Freaky old lady.  I remember looking over that bridge and then her popping out behind me with that scream prompt.  It's not often they catch me during the event, if at all, but I shouted an expletive on that one.

And the fake lady at the bottom of that gag scene doesn't do justice to how the actors were made up to look.  Those eyes, freaky is the only word that comes to mind.

Edited by Pandry

Liking this house. I'm glad they didn't go with the generic "Horror Nights: 25 Years of Terror" title, or whatever they would have done. This title's a little long for my tastes, but makes the house stand out more than it would have, in my opinion. I am hoping that this doesn't fall into that trap of focusing too much on one year, like Hallow'd Past and 08. It seems like we may get too much 2011 focus, just based on what's been revealed, but hey, this is our mega house, so I'm sure there's plenty of room. Just on what's been revealed so far...

Excited to FINALLY see Nightingales (hopefully they can follow it up in the next few years with an actual sequel.). Happy to hear that Bloodengutz will get his due. Forsaken was official HOTY, so not surprised to see it here, same with Gothic. Glad to hear the classic monsters are getting their dues. And Scary Tales is in too? Cool. Some other predictions:

• Leave It To Cleaver (I think the closeup blog description mentioned meat grinding, if I'm correct.)
  • Castle Vampyr (or something in the Vampyr series)
  • Scream House Series
  • The Thing? 
  • ETC.
  • Like 1

I am so happy to see Bloodengutz being represented in this house. I wasn't a fan of NIghtingales but I know a lot of people were so I figured they'd be in here.  The rest of the confirmed elements are fine with me, and I am anxious to see what else goes in there.   

I really hope they utilize the bungee scare on Nightengales. I've always wanted to check it out but was never able to. Heard it was legendary so I look forward to seeing it here!

I better see that bridge effect pulled off from Gothic. I have yet to see that effect in person. It would also be nice if they included the Gargoyle lunge scare.

Oh man, this is going to be great. :)

• Like 6

First off, having Bloodengutz back for another go, even if it's just one room, has me excited. That said, I agree that there's a lot of 2011 stuff they're bringing back which is fine, and I suppose they wanted to stick with original IPs that were between this year and the last anniversary year. That said, the other confirmed rooms sound promising, especially Nightingales and Forsaken making a return.  

• Like 1

Gothic

Nightingales

HR Bloodengutz

Forsaken

Scary Tales (Red Riding Hood)

The Mummy

And that just scratches the surface...

I'm wondering how this house will be setup. Hallow'd Past had the warehouse setting, and a room or 2 with a hodgepodge of old characters before the past scenes began. My best guess for a facade is a circus tent, maybe with a marquee labeling some of the houses featured on the inside. Being presented by Jack, I'm sure he's in here a lot. Transitions could be something like a very small hallway with the poster of the year the house was from, kinda like Hallow'd Past.

Now this is house is in SS21, which is significantly bigger than TWD's SS25 from last year. If they use the whole thing, this is going to be freaking MASSIVE. I'm guessing this is gonna be a 50-60+ per cast kinda house.

I'm hoping for Catacombs, Hades, ScreamHouse, Ghost Town, Dracula 09 (Cuz it's one of only 6 houses I've missed in 10 years), Vampyr, and some 90's goodness.

Hell, they should make the finale the scene from Dark Torment with a slide and goddamn ball pit. 

• Mark M. changed the title to Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem