Asylum In Wonderland 3D

Mark M.

11953335_10153143068903233_8129693032005930072_o.thumb.jpg.cb81eca8a6f4d4ec63aa1b0d618b5888.jpg

A new volume of Scary Tales has been released by Ultra Violent Comics: “Asylum in Wonderland”. This time around, you’ll follow the white rabbit through the looking glass and into a murderous 3-D Wonderland. All of the beloved characters will come to life in this chaotic world with an insane, nightmarish twist. You’ll be left asking one question: Is it all really in Alice’s mind? Or are the images you see real enough to kill you?

I wonder if they'll use the same characters/costumes that they used in the scare zone back in '08 or if they will "upgrade"/"re-image" they characters/costumes. This was one of my favorite scare zones back in '08 so I'm kind of excited to see it as a house. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint!

Before anything, I claim petty bragging rights, because I'm pretty sure I called the exact title. Anyway....

I'm...mixed. I LOVE this concept. Alice in Wonderland is already a weird and psychedelic story, so adding the horror elements isn't that hard. Problem is, it's 3D. I didn't experience what I was told was the granddaddy of 3D houses, the In-Between. I went through Afterlife in 2013 and did not like it a bit. Too dark, didn't really understand what they were going for, the 3D glasses don't stay on on real glasses. This already is better than Afterlife, based on the fact I'm jazzed with the concept. I'm hoping they go less dark, and more colorful psychedelic, because at least if it isn't scary, there's pretty sets to look at. 

By the way, this has my favorite, what's the word, "cover art" of the year. I like it so much it gets the honor of being my iPad background, which Dollhouse got last year.

• Like 1

I'm not in the 3D camp.  The In Between was the only one I liked, and that house flat out rocked.  So I'm hoping this will follow suit.  But at the same time, I like the theme of this house, a lot,  and am hoping the 3D doesn't ruin it, but enhances it.  And for the record, I can't walk through those vortex tunnels.  I have to close my eyes.  Get too dizzy.  And inevitably some drunk pukes in them at least once at some point throughout the season.

I love Alice in Wonderland and I loved the Asylum in Wonderland scarezone so this is my most anticipated house.  I can see how a 3-D element could work well in this house, but I'm not sure it was necessary.  Regardless, I'll just be happy to be in this twisted Wonderland.

• Like 3

I wonder if they'll use the same characters/costumes that they used in the scare zone back in '08 or if they will "upgrade"/"re-image" they characters/costumes. This was one of my favorite scare zones back in '08 so I'm kind of excited to see it as a house. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint!

I was hoping for them to keep the same costumes too, but I was looking and some might not be able to glow under the light, but if they change the color of fabric but restitch how the old costume was that'd be fantastic!!!

• Like 1

I was hoping for them to keep the same costumes too, but I was looking and some might not be able to glow under the light, but if they change the color of fabric but restitch how the old costume was that'd be fantastic!!!

Ah, that's right! I forgot about the whole 3D concept. So they probably will have new costumes...but I'd really like if they had the same ones from the scare zone! 

• Like 1

This concept is one I've been hoping for for quite a while now, but I'm a bit iffy due to the fact that they chose to implement 3D into this house. If they pull it off like they did with In Between, and also make the rest of the house itself amazing, I can already see myself hitting this house 10+ times. 

I've never been a fan of 3d houses because they make me feel weird, so I usually take off my glasses in the house.. BUT that doesn't mean they are bad houses..just something I can't get the full affect of!

I think this house sounds super neat though and can't wait to see how it is all put together.

I'm super cautious about this house.

Alice is PERFECT for a haunted house, and lends itself very easily to chromadepth 3D. However, out of FIVE 3D houses that I've been through (Jack's Funhouse 07, In Between 11, P&T 12, Circus of Superstition Howl O Scream 12, Afterlife 13), only ONE has been great (P&T and Circus were fun tho), and that was In-Between. Afterlife is bottom 5 of all time for me, Jack's wasn't memorable, but In-Between is the only house to actually use 3D in a creative sense, and actually add to the experience. IT was just a gimmick in all the others. 

My fear is that this house falls trap to that same problem, and the fact that it changed locations makes me even more uneasy. I'm hoping for the best, and I'm still very excited for this one.

• Like 2

Alice is PERFECT for a haunted house, and lends itself very easily to chromadepth 3D. However, out of FIVE 3D houses that I've been through (Jack's Funhouse 07, In Between 11, P&T 12, Circus of Superstition Howl O Scream 12, Afterlife 13), only ONE has been great (P&T and Circus were fun tho), and that was In-Between. Afterlife is bottom 5 of all time for me, Jack's wasn't memorable, but In-Between is the only house to actually use 3D in a creative sense, and actually add to the experience. IT was just a gimmick in all the others. 

My fear is that this house falls trap to that same problem, and the fact that it changed locations makes me even more uneasy. I'm hoping for the best, and I'm still very excited for this one.

Having been in P&T, Circus and the Afterlife as well, i have to agree with you. Because I didn't do the in-between, I couldn't say that is my #1. I can say that Circus has been pulled off quite nicely for multiple years, and I expect Asylum to be in that ballpark. Not amazing, but good. 

Guest kiwisoup

I definitely think 3D lends itself to making a cheap but effective house that can be extremely unimpressive with lights on. I'm hoping for something more like Penn & Teller...something that's not just a bunch of flat black walls with flat painted scenic with visible paint strokes  and cheap things draped around. I want actual environments.

Edited by kiwisoup

This is my possible last strike on the 3D Houses if this amazing concept doesn't do 2008 scarezone to justice I'll be plenty disappointed.  Probably make all possible future 3D houses my least anticipated it's worse than having TWD back. But it seems they put the Ultra Violent Comic Brand in showing that this will be different. Hope some costumes come back and also that strobe disco ball. So I'm on the fence on this one.

• Like 2

• Mark M. changed the title to Asylum In Wonderland 3D