Body Collectors: Recollections

Mark M.

What exactly did you mean by this?

The entrance music had the crackling of thunder, the destroyed lamp, and an ominous bassy sound play. The way the body collectors (as they should) slit throats, ripped spines, dragged people around, etc with their ever so still smile and eyes was evil. Seeing them operate (both by video projection and them sowing people together) was great, too.

• Like 1

I wonder if this will be the potential HHN 26 idea.

It looks more to the 2001 theme that got scrapped.  The trailer picture with Jack was the opening scaremonies concept art. Not saying they don't have plans to make next year the year they actually do this - which would be great.  But it would make the supposed versus theme difficult.  You can see more on it here: http://hhnmemories.tumblr.com/

• Like 1

It looks more to the 2001 theme that got scrapped.  The trailer picture with Jack was the opening scaremonies concept art. Not saying they don't have plans to make next year the year they actually do this - which would be great.  But it would make the supposed versus theme difficult.  You can see more on it here: http://hhnmemories.tumblr.com/

I think that's the concept he was referring to. I am TOTALLY behind that, because I've always wanted to see that stage show with Jack's beheading pulled off. Have Eddie control the park, give him some heavy metal as a back drop, Don't do RUN again but give him a different house, and there you go. Make it an INTENSE year.

• Like 2

Something I just noticed: this house is set during the Great Blizzard of 1888.  So, why is Perry Faith's "Theme From A Summer Place" playing on a record player? The song didn't come out until 1959.

That's a head scratcher.  Maybe because it's so synonymous with mental wards that they just said to hell with it?  Like the little person in the finale who looks like some spectator hanging out having nothing to do with the house theme, imo.

Something I just noticed: this house is set during the Great Blizzard of 1888.  So, why is Perry Faith's "Theme From A Summer Place" playing on a record player? The song didn't come out until 1959.

It's been used in other Psychoscrapy houses, sort of the house's "theme."  So including a scratchy phonograph recording of it is an in-joke/Easter egg, but yeah, it's a deliberate anachronism.

So last night I finally noticed the fact that in the last scene all the heads are identical. All bald with sardonic if closed mouths drawn up into a permanent grin.

So they are attaching Body Collector heads to the bodies they have assembled from their victims. But where exactly do the heads themselves originate? They are all the same in size and shape and features and thus cannot be from the victims. Do the Collectors bring them along from Terra Cruentas?

One mystery solved brings with it even more questions!

But this could explain why the infants, Jack and Eddie were spared on that dark and wintry night, they are just too small to be harvested! Likewise the little surviving dwarf seen at the end. No wonder he always seems so happy!

I'm reminded of lyrics from the late and wonderful Allan Sherman's parody song "I See Bones"

I see your spine,

and your spine looks divine.

It's exactly like mine,

Now doesn't that seem strange?

• Like 1

In the 19th century dwarves were often institutionalized. It was just assumed that they were mentally underdeveloped as they were physically. This was just one example of the gross injustices and mistreatment that typified mental health institutions of that time.

As stated above I believe that his presence alive and happy at the end of the house serves to reiterate the Body Collectors use of normal sized victims body parts to construct bodies that are attached to the Collector heads. The dwarf is not collected because his body is too small. Little people and children are safe from the Collectors.

• Like 4

Three things as a result of my UTH tour today:

1- What's the snow made out of? The falling snow, that is. Our group talked about it - I asked becuase my buddy swore it was soap but I said it wasn't since it didn't leave a residue and it seemed to melt like water. 

2- If the story is that a Body Collector knocked on the door and a nurse let him in ............. w... Why would the nurse let in one of these people? 

3- I'm sad that they don't tell the stories on the site anymore. I had no idea about any of this stuff until the tour. It cheapened it to me. 

That's not a complaint, really. This house is beaaautiful. 

i understand the body collectors wouldn't harm the dwarf in the house, but why is he attacking us, it makes it look like he is working for them in some way. (well as far as the story the house tells goes. ) 

He's one of the inmates. Simple as that.

Three things as a result of my UTH tour today:

1- What's the snow made out of? The falling snow, that is. Our group talked about it - I asked becuase my buddy swore it was soap but I said it wasn't since it didn't leave a residue and it seemed to melt like water. 

2- If the story is that a Body Collector knocked on the door and a nurse let him in ............. w... Why would the nurse let in one of these people? 

3- I'm sad that they don't tell the stories on the site anymore. I had no idea about any of this stuff until the tour. It cheapened it to me. 

That's not a complaint, really. This house is beaaautiful. 

1 - Don't know.

2 - I'm presuming the nurse couldn't see who she was opening the door for (probably thought it was someone needing refuge from the blizzard), and I'm thinking it's less "let them in", but more "The Body Collectors FORCED their way in". 

3 - I mean, this wasn't exactly a complex story. Body Collectors invade Shadybrook.

The last 3 or 4 nights I've gone in this house, snow has no longer been falling at the entrance.  Anyone else notice this?  Last run was Wednesday around 7pm.  I foolishly asked the ops standing outside the façade what happened with the snow.  Answer given: I think it will be on later.

• Like 1

He's one of the inmates. Simple as that.

1 - Don't know.

2 - I'm presuming the nurse couldn't see who she was opening the door for (probably thought it was someone needing refuge from the blizzard), and I'm thinking it's less "let them in", but more "The Body Collectors FORCED their way in". 

3 - I mean, this wasn't exactly a complex story. Body Collectors invade Shadybrook.

1- :(

2- That's what I figured but the tour guide said "let them in" ... I guess maybe they looked like Gentlemen? BadumTSH

3- "Guy chases a whale" is a simple story too. It still simplifies to the point of leaving out important parts. Mainly, why is it snowing, what are the collectors doing in there, etc. It's all tied together with that famous blizzard, too. I WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING :D

• 3 years later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to Body Collectors: Recollections