Evil's Roots

Mark M.

21312366828_dd2c744353_o.thumb.jpg.fb61245038cb663b0620c929a7c4f109.jpg

It’s time to be immersed in Halloween’s most evil traditions in the scare zone located in Central Park. Here you’ll find the event’s traditional jack-o-lanterns in the air as you encounter evil fairies, humanoid bats, scarecrows and more. Think “Grown Evil” from 2011 but on a whole ‘nother level!

Central Park- Evil's Roots! All the traditions of Halloween, Pumpkins and spiders.. Even a familiar entrance piece..

I'm thinking they'll have the same traditionals in the zone like 2013's quasi roaming group.  Was that 2013?

They'll most likely have some of them there like the pumpkin heads and a couple trick or treaters, but I am betting they'll have characters such as Samhain, the tree monster, and The Headless Horseman. yea, That would have been 2013. That was the year they didn't have stationary scare zones, just the roaming hordes. 

They'll most likely have some of them there like the pumpkin heads and a couple trick or treaters, but I am betting they'll have characters such as Samhain, the tree monster, and The Headless Horseman. yea, That would have been 2013. That was the year they didn't have stationary scare zones, just the roaming hordes. 

2012. 2013 was all Walking Dead streets.

If you haven't seen this yet, Nancy Murphy took this pic! The Lantern is in this zone - over by the Gardens of Allah!!!

This leads me to some speculation, as most of you should know by now, about four months ago I asked any sources I may have had to no longer give me any "inside information".

But long before I did that, back in early 2013 I had heard that the original plans for "street experiences" that year were to have been something sorta "arboreal" actually fitting into a real theme - "What Evil Has Taken Root?"

But then, something happened "higher up" most likely involving the IP contract with AMC and we got only TWD in the streets that year.

So now, I gotta wonder, is Evil's Roots what What Evil Has Taken Root? was originally supposed to be? Will we be getting a taste of what we should have experienced on a much larger scale two years ago?

11951399_10154192052538642_5621985710962350541_n.jpg

Edited by Dr. Jimmy
  • Like 12

This maybe my least anticipated zone but I feel that if they play their cards right and make it feel like the Hallow and the feel is like Schoolhouse with Grown Evil. It may even make my number one zone easily for quite a while but I just feel Central Park got shorter without Mel's and other than Grown Evil, Schoolhouse, and Horrorwood DIE in (which i have no recollection if they traveled in the Park as I remember them mostly close to the screen) Central Park by itself hasn't won me over as a good zone location even though the eerie feeling of the area I feel it's very short.

I love the idea and decoration of this scarezone and it would be my most anticipated BUT the Jack show is right freaking there.  Concerns over noise leaks and more congestion than usual make me wary of a zone I want to love.

yeah that show needed to be on a stage. I am afraid they will end up stopping the show like they did last year because of crowds or something 

BUT... The stage and show have been there MOST of the events... sans 2008-2014. It may cause some congestion but it's a very common place for the show. I know the crowds are bigger, however, I would have to say 2007 was my worst experience for the crowds and Jack's show was indeed there in that location. Of course atmosphere I understand is a concern. Especially if he is blasting his show. There are set times of course so worse case avoid it during a show.

• Like 2

• Mark M. changed the title to Evil's Roots