All Nite Die-In - Double Feature

Mark M.

I really hate this location for zones, and if the stage show wasn't out by Mel's I feel like this one should be out there (like Horrorwood). It's a great zone thrown in an absolute shit location. Kudos to the actors for dealing with the amount of traffic in such a small space. I'm not even claustrophobic but this area always brings it on. 

• Like 1

I really hate this location for zones, and if the stage show wasn't out by Mel's I feel like this one should be out there (like Horrorwood). It's a great zone thrown in an absolute shit location. Kudos to the actors for dealing with the amount of traffic in such a small space. I'm not even claustrophobic but this area always brings it on. 

at first i did hate the location as well but i am starting to love this zone and the location it is in. It is still really crowded but somehow it works (the crowds kind of add to the "theater atmosphere")  

Poor Jason and Freddy. When I went through this scarezone this past Thursday night, they both had a mob around them, wanting to take selfies and pictures. Like, they couldn't even walk. Fresh meat in a pack of lions. I wouldn't be surprised if they were removed from this scarezone for that reason. It was a little ridiculous.

• Like 2

Poor Jason and Freddy. When I went through this scarezone this past Thursday night, they both had a mob around them, wanting to take selfies and pictures. Like, they couldn't even walk. Fresh meat in a pack of lions. I wouldn't be surprised if they were removed from this scarezone for that reason. It was a little ridiculous.

I am praying that they won't take them away. they are the best characters of the entire zone. 

I kind of wish they just made them official Photo ops, have them not walk around and just have them for pics the same way they did with Lady Luck and Fear (neither of them walked that much either) 

If they take them away I wonder if people would complain and get mad, Everyone is seeing Freddy and Jason on pics from the event, and imagine wanting to see them and they were gone... The general public would probably get pretty mad. 

instead of getting rid of them, they should understand people love these characters and just make a line to take pics with them lol 

The street opens at 6 and they do 45 minute sets.

Also, Scareactors aren't required to have their photos taken and guests need to respect their wishes if that is the case. I am in another zone and we are told that if you are taking pictures, you need to get to one side of the zone so a line doesn't form in the middle, blocking the walkway.

Inevitably, if you take a picture with one - more will take the opportunity to get one with you.

Edited by Tman875

They will not pull them. That's a fact. I'm working the zone and I have been told while big photo opp areas, they still will stay in the zone no matter what. If anything come Thursday they will be establishing a way to minimize some big photo crowds around them.  

I wonder how they will minimize the crowds... that's interesting. 

(Maybe Freddy and Jason should have had some mini stages built like the Icons had lol. 

Scareactors aren't required to have their photos taken and guests need to respect their wishes if that is the case. I am in another zone and we are told that if you are taking pictures, you need to get to one side of the zone so a line doesn't form in the middle, blocking the walkway.

Inevitably, if you take a picture with one - more will take the opportunity to get one with you.

Also, the street opens at 6 and they do 45 minute sets.

normally you never get big crowds in scarezones, but Jason brings a huge group. I do not recall seeing so many people trying to get a pic before. (Not even with Jack in 2010) I was actually shocked when I saw that big group of people next to Jason 

They could possibly try to start a "no photos" movement. Or at least a no stop and pose photo movement. 

Discourage selfies and encourage the actor to continuously move and not stop to pose for a picture. 

Worse comes to worse, there's always the barricade option to keep a barrier between them and guests. But then it'll be a spectator event. 

Those in charge of that street are really going to have their hands tied trying to figure out a solution. Hopefully it's peaceful.

I feel there are too many SA's who want tons of photos of themselves so they pose for every photo that comes their way. That's all well & good, but that makes those who are there to scare and don't stop/pause for a photo seem like asses. They weren't hired to be a photo-op (I know some are) so why should they be expected to be?

I think uni fueled the selfie craze by using instagram to promote the event.(and twitter)

uni is getting a lot of free promotion by the fans just sharing the selfies. (selfies are being posted on facebook too)

if anything uni fueled this by asking fans to use the hash tags #hhn25 or #jacksmaniacs

or using vine. Uni tried to take full advantage of social media and this is the result. Can't have it both ways lol

Edited by clash
  • Like 1

Let's be honest here. Freddy and Jason as a whole are icons for the whole horror industry, just like how Jack and friends are icons for the event specifically. Universal wouldn't pull the ability to take pictures in the icon zone, and they wouldn't do it for Freddy and Jason. It's a pull of this year.

• Like 1

The proper way to handle photos is to make them quick, stay in character intimidating the person taking the photo, and then immediately break into a scare after it's taken. My usual option was to rush the photographer after they lower the phone, then immediately bounce to more scares. Since I was a Beast, I also let myself act like I was only barely restraining myself from eating the subject of the photo and growling louder with every second that the photographer took to fumble with their phone.

Problems come when you let yourself get bogged down, taking every picture that's asked for and standing around after it's done to let other people get in for a shot. The core component of any zone is scares, and unless your role is specifically a showman and photo role (like the actors on the stages in Psychoscarepy this year) pictures should always be viewed as a temporary distraction.

• Like 1

Jason did a great job of scaring and doing  photos with people from what I saw this past weekend.. He had ton of people calling his name.. pulling at him (ugh) and constantly posing with him but he also kept getting the scares in there as well.. He would take a picture of two then walk away to scare before posing again. I saw him walking away from quite a few people who tried to take pictures with him.

I must say I feel bad for those two this is going to be a long run for them!

• Like 2

Do we have a complete list yet?

Classic: Nosferatu, Dr. Frankenstein, Frankenstein's Monster, Bride of Frankenstein's Monster, The Invisible Man, NotLD Zombie, Gypsie, Fez Guy, Hunchback

Modern: Freddy, Jason, Reagan, The Thing, Chucky, Tiffany, Dog Purger, 3 from The Strangers, Carrie, Cheerleader Victim, Greaser/Biker dude

I'm certain I'm missing a few. also some names and films to associate the characters with.

also, if they're trying out different characters like the ICONS zone, might as well try the miner guy from My Bloody Valentine

Classic: Nosferatu, Dr. Frankenstein, Frankenstein's Monster, Bride of Frankenstein's Monster, The Invisible Man, NotLD Zombie, Gypsie, Fez Guy, Hunchback

Modern: Freddy, Jason, Reagan, The Thing, Chucky, Tiffany, Dog Purger, 3 from The Strangers, Carrie, Cheerleader Victim, Greaser/Biker dude

I'm certain I'm missing a few. also some names and films to associate the characters with.

also, if they're trying out different characters like the ICONS zone, might as well try the miner guy from My Bloody Valentine

Fez guy is The Mummy, Imhotep from the original 1932 Universal film. He only had bandages at the beginning of the film and appeared as "Ardath Bey" for most of the film.

34670615b4b0f9d4490af40e993ec400.jpg

• Like 2

yeah I have no idea why the Miner from Bloody Valentine was not in this zone... seems like a no brainer, he has one of the coolest outfits. 

Also, there are two (or 3) vampires that I can only assume are from Cirque Du Freak. (can't think of anything else they are from)  as well as the Jason camp victim

kinda wish they had jigsaw as well

Edited by clash
  • Like 1