All Nite Die-In - Double Feature

Mark M.

I am trying to figure out a few of the scareactors in the color version of this scare zone. Specifically The Girl in the black dress with the dagger, the guy with the black fingernails and dark eyes in a weird jacket and the guy with a chainsaw that has a tank top on and a mouth drawn on his chest. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by dkrfla

Both Jason and Freddy were in the zone at the same time on two occasions I went through here last night.  As the crowds weren't too bad, people weren't mauling them.  I kept trying to get a decent picture of Jason but when I'd line him up he'd pose for a second but then kept literally walking right up to my face and my camera couldn't adjust quick enough.  Dammit!

• Like 1

Last time I was in this zone it seemed like they had more scareactors than before for each period and that they were switching off temporally instead of spatially .. In other words it wasn't half the zone as b&w half color, but rather half the time.. And they weren't doing it in 45 minute shifts. I'd only seen this one out of the ..... *counts fingers*... too many times I've been there but this was the last time. Is this how they're doing it now?

Did anyone else hear that that actor playing Carrie resigned?  She was being harassed and assaulted all month (mainly by "drive-by" style drunks who went out of their way to specifically harass her) and it got to a point where she didn't want to deal with it anymore.  That's terrible.

Did anyone else hear that that actor playing Carrie resigned?  She was being harassed and assaulted all month (mainly by "drive-by" style drunks who went out of their way to specifically harass her) and it got to a point where she didn't want to deal with it anymore.  That's terrible.

That's fucked up and just a damn shame. I get we apparently need drinkers to fuel the event money wise, but I don't get why there can't be like "Drink-Free" days for people who just don't want to deal with that crap.

The Crystal Lake Camp Counselor from this zone also quit. I've heard of at least 7 actors who have quit early this year because of the harassment.

Speaking as a 2 year scareactor, I refuse to return to working at HHN until it becomes safer. The amount of violence we get subjected to is unfathomable and our ability to avoid being hurt is extremely limited.

• Like 2

Seeing the color cast in the last few days of the event was really depressing to be honest. Not only were Carrie and the camp counselor gone, but The Thing, both of the male Purgers, and the male vampire were all absent as well, so either they quit too or Universal just cut their characters from the zone. If it's the former reason, then man, it must have been absolutely BRUTAL to work here. I would say there is zero doubt at this point that this will be the last time we ever see a zone in this area, and not just because of F&F construction.

Kudos to the remaining scare actors that were able to make the best of the situation given the circumstances, especially Regan and the Strangers; you guys were great. 

Edited by Cupcakes

yet the classic cast was all there ( I think) and I think not a lot of actors left ( at least the ones without masks)

i

so it makes me wonder if the color cast was much more abused. And makes me wonder why.

was it because the color characters were more recognizable or what, but.. Yeah wtf

Edited by clash

For what it's worth ... I personally abuse any person in my party that abuses any scareactor. Because that's retarded. Even if you're completely In The Film .......... You still wouldn't abuse Carrie. Carrie, for what it's worth, I almost broke one of my friends' arms before he could touch you!

Why do people ruin everything? Let's just all gather up from the forums, build a smaller park, and do mini-hhn. 

• Like 1

yet the classic cast was all there ( I think) and I think not a lot of actors left ( at least the ones without masks)

i

so it makes me wonder if the color cast was much more abused. And makes me wonder why.

was it because the color characters were more recognizable or what, but.. Yeah wtf

That's basically the reason. The GP goes really nuts for modern horror characters like Freddy, Jason, and Chucky; whereas the likes of the Universal Monsters and Norman Bates are a lot less appealing to them. The B&W cast is something that appeals more to classic film fans (who usually tend to be a bit more civil).

• Like 1

Popping in from lurker status for a couple shout outs to this amazing cast.

From the B&W cast, the Bride of Frankenstein and Dr. Frankenstein both had great interactive moments with my friend while we were hanging out in the zone at our usual bench. (Dr. F asked how my friend's "experiments" were going while she was checking the world series score on her phone).

As for the color cast, major kudos to the two ladies playing the Strangers. Same friend and I were hanging out in the zone, watching everyone do their thing, when these two stopped by the bench we were sitting at. They stuck around and stared at us for about three minutes, which actually succeeded in making me kind of uncomfortable (mostly because I'm awkward and don't know the etiquette for these situations). Finally, the "Dollface" girl decided to get things over with and "stab" me a few times before moving on. Probably the most fun scare zone moment I had all year.

• Like 2

That's basically the reason. The GP goes really nuts for modern horror characters like Freddy, Jason, and Chucky; whereas the likes of the Universal Monsters and Norman Bates are a lot less appealing to them. The B&W cast is something that appeals more to classic film fans (who usually tend to be a bit more civil).

Which also made me wonder if in the future, if Uni avoids using famous characters in the streets (specially with the actresses they hire)  would the actor abuse be less bad 

• 2 years later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to All Nite Die-In - Double Feature