ICONS: HHN

Mark M.

So glad that Eddie and Crypt Keeper were added in, though I find it kinda baffling as to how long it took.

If there's any issue I have with zone, it's that almost all of the non-icon characters seem to be from the 2010-2014 years. It would've nice to see some more old favorites, such as Knightmare and the Treaks and Foons as someone said, and I'd be overjoyed if they had brought Dilopho-Man back.

One omission that I'm particularly surprised and let-down by is the Ice Queen from Immortal Island (as they did bring her back in 2006 and 2010). Not only was she a fun character, but just imagine the amount of Frozen jokes that could've been made...

• Like 3

I'm still sad that no Bloody Mary : ( 

Yeah I don't think they'll ever mention Bloody Mary again.

what a horrible waste of a character. All because some make up artist got the rights, wtf.... that legend is so old, that makes me so mad. 

It is a waste for me because she was the Icon of one of the best years of the event, and she had one of the best websites (and a really cool backstory) Imagine if she had her own stage in the zone.. what.. a .. waste! 

• Like 1

Bloody Mary is an urban legend. How can anyone claim that? Thats. Eh that's stupid. 

Can't they just create their own version of Bloody Mary with a new wardrobe and makeup style and still be safe? 

It is like when Disney tried to claim the Dia De Los Muertos stuff, something that has been celebrated in Mexico for so many years....
I also bring up Uni creating their own version, or just using the Doctor Bloody Mary used to be for the icons, the doctor is an original character with a backstory made by universal. but no one wants that. (Most people wont recognize her) 

i still wish they had a crazy doctor bloody mary actress. 

• Like 1

It is like when Disney tried to claim the Dia De Los Muertos stuff, something that has been celebrated in Mexico for so many years....I also bring up Uni creating their own version, or just using the Doctor Bloody Mary used to be for the icons, the doctor is an original character with a backstory made by universal. but no one wants that. (Most people wont recognize her) 

i still wish they had a crazy doctor bloody mary actress. 

I thought the problem was that the descendants of the "actual" Bloody Mary threatened to sue? I still think that had the best marketing of all the HHNs, and definitely the best website. Also the most hilarious Advertising Fail ever. I hate using the phrase Advertising Fail but I feel like it was invented for this: they had to take billboards down from I4 because the mirrors were reflecting light into drivers' eyes and causing accidents. I hate to say LOL at that but .. Such an oversight. 

The billboards were cool anyway. And I liked how that year they had mirrors everywhere for you to say Bloody Mary into if you were dumb enough to think nothing would happen.

Edited by marchofprogress

Everybody I know is in love with Cindy, both of them, and that includes the girls.

Also last night I was watching the caretaker's show and there was a lovely little vamp behind me and when he asked us to step forward I turned around and motioned like "should we move forward?" then she pushed me forward oh-so-gently by the small of my back and was gone when I turned around. Double kudos to her (I recognized her and I'm pretty sure she recognized me, so it's likely she's here on the forums)..... Cus where the #$#$#$@ did she go???

Bouncing from one icon's show to the next was a highlight of the event, and the kind of thing that will make me go hang out til 1 on the last day of the event when everyone else forgets Halloween. Cindii, we love you!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, I got a little choked up seeing the icons do their kills for the last time and seeing all of the characters make their final exit from the zone. It was so wonderful seeing them all again after the themeless IP maelstrom we were put through in the last three years. Those years made me really take into account as to how much they truly make the event. 

Only downside was that Eddie and Lady Luck weren't in the final cast, but oh well. 

• Like 2

Ugh gonna miss this zone like crazy. Literally could have spent all night here. I'd also like to say that the usher from the last cast last night deserves a medal. Really from the start he's showed so much dedication and put so much into his character. I hope to see him back next year.

• Like 3

while I really love the Icons and I am always glad they are back when they bring them back... It really bothers me that we haven't had a good icon since 2009. 
Universal keeps bringing up the icons every Anniversary and everyone loves them, they gave them shows. They are recognizable by everyone (Even non fans by this point) they appear on merchandise, They are one of the biggest part of HHN history. 
Yet since 2009 they could never come up with something as good, why is that? Fear was pretty bad and Lady Luck wasn't that great. then Walking Dead took over and they stopped caring (Marketing stopped needing them so the Icon Well was all dried up) 
But, Look at this year... Look at how important having Jack was, how great the Icons zone was. How everyone was freaking out when they weren't selling the Icons shirts anymore. 

i wish awesome icons with full backstories came back. we need more icons, we need new icons

Edited by clash

The jack shirts and lanyards sold like hotcakes.

I was minding my own on I-drive grabbing a bite to eat with my brother and his friends at a Denny's. We were in town at the same time but for different reasons. We saw several of different groups and everyone was wearing the "Jacks got your back" shirt. He leaned over to me asking why so many different people were all wearing the same shirt and I had to explain to him about Jack and HHN. Even walking through the park I saw tons of Jack shirts and lanyards and I don't even think I saw any walking dead shirts. 

You know in hindsight, they made a really huge mistake in not including The Usher on any of the merchandise; as it seems he was far and away the most popular character in this zone. His stage pretty much always had a crowd around it, and he got the biggest cheers when he made his final departure. 

• Like 5

the only reason I did not buy the Icons shirt this year 
having Chucky in it was kind of dumb. Usher is my favorite since 2009 but I found it really weird that there was nothing with him. pretty bizarre actually 

well if you think about it, with the exception of Jack, all the icons were  pictures from the past years, especially seen on the brochures. However, the Usher never had any pictures of him like Chucky, Saw and Wolfman in 2009. 

• Like 1

well if you think about it, with the exception of Jack, all the icons were  pictures from the past years, especially seen on the brochures. However, the Usher never had any pictures of him like Chucky, Saw and Wolfman in 2009. 

Usher had two pics from the maps. makes me wonder why couldn't they make it black and white and use it. 

j5M9eRS.png

• Mark M. changed the title to ICONS: HHN