First Halloween Horror Nights

107 members have voted

1. 1. What was your first year?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This last year was my first Orlando HHN, but I've been going to the Hollywood one since it came back in 2006.. been following the event's website since 2004. Planning to come around once again for this year and hopefully many more after that.

My first year was 2006: Sweet 16. I had been wanting to go since 2002 when I saw a commercial for it. I thought it looked like the coolest thing ever! I was like 11 at the time. My parents thought it would be too scary for me. Then the next year I saw the travel channel special on it and I wanted to go so badly. But I had no time to go since i helped at a local haunted house. Finally after multiple years of just looking at the website and hoping the travel channel special would come on TV I finally went. I was hooked and have been getting the frequent fear pass since then. I go probably 4-5 times a year now! I wish I was like a couple of the people that have been going since Fright Nights! You people are so lucky.

My first year was 1996. The Crypt Keeper was still the star of the show and there were only 3 houses. The only scarezone was The Midway of The Bizzarre and at the time I didn't even know what a scarezone was. I was so freaked out by it but loved every second of it.

Edited by dkrfla

• 4 weeks later...

My first year was 2006, I remember seeing the Billboards for it in 2002,03,04,05, and I always wanted to go, but at first i thought it looked too scary, then around 04 i thought about going but i didnt have money, in 2005 i almost went, my aunt said i could go she would pay, but i hesitated, i regret not going SO MUCH,

then in 06 i saw it was a reunion year so i really wanted to go, and i was able to go on the 31st, Halloween day, been going since

Edited by black7mask

My first year was Islands of Fear (2002) and I was literally in awe the entire evening. I wouldn't shut the hell up the entire ride home. First house was Maximum Carnage and the only house I didn't get to go through was Fear Factor (blessing in disguise).

My first year was Islands of Fear (2002) and I was literally in awe the entire evening. I wouldn't shut the hell up the entire ride home. First house was Maximum Carnage and the only house I didn't get to go through was Fear Factor (blessing in disguise).

2002 was my first year as well. Same thing with me. But I didn't get to do Maximum Carnage :\ My first house was Evilution which was AWESOME.

Up until then, I had long wanted to go, but between the fact that I lived in Naples and the fact that my parents were never big fans of horror, the closest I could usually come was just gazing longingly at the website.

However, that changed in 2007, when I was accepted to Asbury Seminary in Orlando. So, that year was my first HHN, and I loved it!

I continued loving it more and more each year, and this year may be my last year (Since it'll be my senior year @ Asbury), but I'll see if I can pull some strings to go at least 1 or 2 nights next year!

I went 8 years without ever stepping foot in a house. Yes, I was too terrified to go into a house. I hung out in the scarezones all night long.

oh em gee lulz

My first HHN was 2001. I didn't hang out in the scarezones like a sissy.

I hauled ass through them instead.

Edited by Nightshade

Halloween Horror Nights XVII or 17 Carnival of Carnage

Only went to

Dead Silence:Very fun i had a couple of scares here... pretty good on details as i watched the movie before to know what I'm up against.

Nightmare on Elm Street:Dream Walkers: I absolutely love it great story and the awesome que video made me pumped up (extremely scared) loved the detail in this house and it's the best house of the night... I got so many scares and some unforgetable ones

Psychoscaraphy Home for the Holidays: Loved the funny cruel humor with the right mix of scary... great concept and the radio station filled with christmas songs made the line less boring... some scares but i always love that santa with chainsaw and the midget that made 21 year old girls piss their pants

Club Vampyr: Good Concept but only one scare and it was nothing special

Loved CDT as i ate near across from them... great memories of eating my burger with the sounds of screams and chainsaws throughout. That's why I'm in love with HHN.

My first year was 1993. I was 22. Got instantly hooked and made every year with the exception of two years (one for being in the hospital and one due to the divorce). I've only missed a very few of the houses (mostly due to missing those two years). Gotta say I'm anxious to see what this year brings...

• 4 weeks later...

i went for my first time in 2006. i had no idea what HHN was other than its a horror themed event. we got there, did one house. people were then to scared, lines were long...we left...what a waste of money. then i found out what HHN was all about, and the rest is history. im addicted

My first time was 2009. Some highlights:

-My mom SCREAMING when Frankenstein came at her. I gave him two thumbs up.

-Singing "Happy Happy Joy Joy" in LITC's pig room.

-Wearing my Vault shirt, had one of the Chainsaw Maniacs in LCH say "I'm a Vaulter Too!" before revving his chainsaw.

-Getting a picture with Norman Bates! Thanks, Norm!

-Going behind my mom so that SHE got all the good scares. (I'm evil.)

-Saying to Samuel Meetz that he was "The light of my life" and blowing him a kiss. His response? "Oh, thank you!" HE'S SWELL!

-My mom saying "Omigod, IT'S JACK!!" when we first entered Shadows Of The Past.

-Going through the rotating tunnel in the Chucky House. Ugh. I got sick, Mom got dizzy.

-Me constantly holding my ears. (I have a thing against loud noises.)

-Etc, etc, ad infinitum.

Over all, it was FUN!!

My first year was in 2004 and I was 12 years old. I remember watching the "Art of the Scare" DVD months before the event and I knew that I had to go.

I went in thinking that I'd go in with ease but still get a few good scares in there. But it turned out I was a bigger wuss than I thought. Haha! I only did 3 houses that year.

- Disorinterioum (Sp?)

- Ghost Town

- Horror In Wax

It took me until '08 to really feel confident before going into a house. But still, there's always that intense anticipation.

I don't remember much of them now anymore. But I remember Ghost Town standing out to me because of the room that smelled like cow poop. hah!

The only house I missed that year was Disorientorium. Ghost Town was my second favorite after Castle Vampyr. I remember the Horse Manure as well.

2000 was my first year but I don't remember too much from visiting back then. My 2nd year was 2004 and I have great memories from that trip.