RUN: Blood, Sweat, and Fears

Mark M.

I went on an UTH tour and the guide said there were no GAT's this year. 

However on tour there were defiantly a lot of actor triggers that were within guest reach pretty much but they bet on you being scared away from the location of the trigger via actor. We didn't see run on tour but I would just make a hypothetical guess the trigger isn't a GAT but rather a trigger for the actor to start the chainsaw noise. If there isn't an actor there on top of the saw, there probably was meant to be.

For that reason I would probably advise to stay away from touching the saw just in case. 

I cannot imagine any actor in that location. he/she would have to block the exit from the room.

I cannot imagine any actor in that location. he/she would have to block the exit from the room.

Just reiterating what the guide said about the GATs. For that reason; I wouldn't go around purposely touching house props that their intended purpose is likely not to be touched as a GAT as to not accidentally break it. 

I trust my guide who says there aren't any GATs this year than someone on a forum going around trying to press anything they can and see what happens.

Edited by MissBA
  • Like 2

I went on an UTH tour and the guide said there were no GAT's this year. 

However on tour there were defiantly a lot of actor triggers that were within guest reach pretty much but they bet on you being scared away from the location of the trigger via actor. We didn't see run on tour but I would just make a hypothetical guess the trigger isn't a GAT but rather a trigger for the actor to start the chainsaw noise. If there isn't an actor there on top of the saw, there probably was meant to be.

For that reason I would probably advise to stay away from touching the saw just in case. 

It isn't made for the actors. The chainsaw is a GAT although most people might not consider it to be.

This is my 2nd favorite house (justly under body colectors) each time I went though the house it got better and better. I am disappointed that the U.S room is candyland out of everything they could have been on. Hell they could have done sports America is know for a couple thing sports and military.

I did see Eddie in the house last night 

Edited by thewordwisper
Typos

The chainsaw in the Canadian room IS A GAT. There's a small red button on the handle. When pressed, the chainsaw vibrates and produces a practically inaudible saw noise. It's nothing major, but it's there. I've pressed it several times, so it's definitely true. If any tour guides are saying it's not there, then they're wrong.

• Like 1

He was indeed at the end of the house. 

That's sweet! If only I could've seen him!

On another note, I don't get a lot of the distaste for this house. My first "run" through this one was pretty bad, but I went through it again and thought it wasn't as bad. I slept that night thinking about it and when I went again the next day it was WAY better! I even went through it when it was still bright out and I loved it. It really grew on me. I just had to give it a chance. In my opinion, this was a nice send-off for the Disaster queue.

Boy, those Germans in this house were the Wurst, amirite? *holds up hands for a million high fives*

Srsly, though, last night me and my Team Of Four (aka, me, my fiance, my friend and his wife) went through this house and the guy on the right side in the first room said like a whole paragraph of stuff to my friend. It's the longest I'd ever seen anybody stopped in line, ever. 

I asked him afterward what the guy said and he told me "I dunno something about my haircut." Thing is, my friend shaves his head lol. 

On the off chance that you're here, Run Man.... What did you say to my friend? 

Edited by marchofprogress

Hidden Content

This was about the floor level boo holes being utilized in the candy room corridor.  I've probably had 5-6 runs since you posted about that addition, including a final go through last night, and I never saw those boo holes used.  I was bummed out.  Anyone else see them being utilized?  Perhaps due to the incident with the kicked scareactor they decided to forego those floor level scares?  But then again, the actor laying on the ground in Body Collectors was still there.

This was about the floor level boo holes being utilized in the candy room corridor.  I've probably had 5-6 runs since you posted about that addition, including a final go through last night, and I never saw those boo holes used.  I was bummed out.  Anyone else see them being utilized?  Perhaps due to the incident with the kicked scareactor they decided to forego those floor level scares?  But then again, the actor laying on the ground in Body Collectors was still there.

Do these people who are kicking Reapers and Forsakens (?) and grabbing on Carrie at least get arrested??? Seems like that should earn you a stay in the 33rd Street Hotel. 

I never saw them, I kept looking though.

I never saw them, I kept looking though.

That ended up being the only night I saw them utilized. I was pretty bummed, as it was good placement.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking back, this one could have been more at least with the 80s theme. Aside from the music and maybe the queue video and logo, you couldn't really tell otherwise. I mean it was a good sendoff for Disaster but again, they could have done a bit more with this. Knowing Universal is all about immersion, I expected a little more, but I have a theory: They were focusing their attention on other houses like Jack's or Body Collectors, maybe even some of the IPs (Purge was pretty good once I got more of an idea of the franchise in question, and of course Freddy Vs. Jason) so this one became the runt of the litter when it comes to execution. 

I know they sometimes revisit older houses and improve them (Like AWIL this year) so maybe we could see this version of RUN, with the same backstory, but add more of a psychotic American Gladiator/WWF vibe and change some of the songs, like Pour some Sugar on Me in the CSA room or this for the intro room instead of Run Like Hell:

Or Run to the Hills like we were discussing before HHN began. IDK, it was a fun one, but they could have done a little more here. 

• 5 months later...
On 10/10/2015 at 4:01 PM, Dr. Jimmy said:

Last night a saw a bit of queue video - the bit with "last year's champions" who sadly do not appear in the house. Would have loved to see The Lump and his Pet and Dr. Whitechapel (69 kills!) as actual scareactors.

Great moment when the Enforcer got right in my face with "So, it's the Cat Lover himself! They're really gonna love you in there!"

For me, the running joke with the enforcers was that upon seeing Duffy, the Enforcer on the right side would shout "Give me the damn bear!". But the real comical part was on the last week (which also happened to be the first time that Shellie May, who was new to the US at the time, got to experience a "crash course" introduction to HHN), and the enforcer reacted with "now there's two of them?"

Edited by figment1988

I just wanted to point out here that the trigger activated achainsaw sitting near the wood chipper is the same make, model, and color and Letherface's. I feel a bit dumb for not catching that earlier.

Edited by Jediwhit82

I remember one Enforcer commenting on my hair, which I expected given the theme of the house. One guy I talked to whom worked in the house said I fit the atmosphere of the house since I've always kept an 80s hair metal do. One Enforcer even mentioned the Reapers using it to their advantage to get bonus points. 

Last time I went in I asked if there was a way I could become a Reaper and that same Enforcer told me to step inside and look for Bobby (The guy in the queue video). Couldn't find him, but one of the other Reapers "Spared" me and said he's put in a good word for me to represent the CSA as "Sugar Daddy" 

• 1 year later...

this was the first HHN house I had ever been in, I was 13 and had heard about the event for years but was never into scary things. I remember FvJ being like 180 mins so we didn't do that, RUNs line was less. I was fine in line, but as I went farther into the house I got increasingly scared to the point where when the Roman soldier stepped in front of me, yelling at me, I actually pissed a little. Was pissed about the whole thing and left the parK after like a little bitch. The next year I did TCM and I screamed like a little girl but I actually enjoyed it, now I'm in love with the event.

• Mark M. changed the title to RUN: Blood, Sweat, and Fears