What house was to be used in SS 44 before it was demolished?

Rumor is wood was already starting to be put up, but it was early June so I don't believe it was finished just yet. But yeah, they got the green light for Transformers and started construction REALLY quickly. There was less than a month between the time we found out SS44 was being demolished, and when the building was actually leveled. What's great is that SO many people were convinced the permits meant they were doing minor demolition for the house, and not actually taking down the building.LOL

• Like 1

I think the theme itself was interesting. It likely would have been somewhat similar to Hades, only with Central American myths. Considering how conceptually strong that sort of thing could be (Ragnorak house FTW), there was potential. The venue was garbage though, and would have limited the execution. Part of me hopes the revisited it, only where they can build an Aztec temple as the facade.

• Like 1

I actually think that SS 44 could have been a good house venue, had it been used in the right way. The Aztec house probably would have sucked because it would require much more space for massive sets, but if they were to do a claustrophobic house such as Catacombs in that location, it could have been awesome!

I actually think that SS 44 could have been a good house venue, had it been used in the right way. The Aztec house probably would have sucked because it would require much more space for massive sets, but if they were to do a claustrophobic house such as Catacombs in that location, it could have been awesome!

It was a bad venue. Space wasn't the primary issue. Layout was. It forced a house in three small, uneven rooms and limited how you could transition through them. Believe it or not, Shrek may be a better venue if only because there's more freedom of design.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...