HHN 25 - Most Anticipated House/Scarezone

Most Anticipated house  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Most Anticipated house?

• The Walking Dead
    • Freddy vs Jason
    • Insidious
    • The Purge
    • American Werewolf In London
    • Anniversary House
    • Run
    • Alice 3d
    • Blizzard

1. Blizzard - if it's A&D's fave already, it will probably be my fave, too

2. Anniversary House - because I am hoping for GREAT things

3. AWIL - probably one of my fave houses in the 10 years I've gone to HHN, so I LOVE that it will be back

4. Alice 3D - HAS to be better than last year's 3D, and I think it has way more potential just because of the material

5. Insidious - heard so many good things about this in Hollywood, and I believe Orlando always does things better, so should be awesome

6. Freddy vs Jason - curious how they handle these two without it turning into a B movie

7. Run - very interested in this based on the description of the ORIGINAL Run house.. wondering how they can pull it off though

8. The Purge - meh

9. TWD - F this

1. Blizzard:  With 21 being my first year this is new territory for me. Cannot wait to see the BC for the 1st time.

2. Anniversary House: It's all new to me and this one has me jazzed. All NEW TO ME.

3. AWIL: Missed 23 so this is right near the top of my list. One of my fave horror classics.

4. Run: Excited to think how this will work. Again - another NEW TO ME.

5. Freddy vs Jason: Old school and I'm looking forward to it. Could end up being the best house but not my most anticipated.

6. Alice: Somehow this feels like this years DOLLHOUSE! Should surprise.

7. Insidious: Paranormal not my favorite stuff but I did watch the first two films to prepare for the house.

8. The Purge: No real expectations for this.

9. The Walking Dead: Really can't justify any other placement. Hope I get something out of it.

Now that we have had the full reveal, I can chime in on this!

1. Body Collectors- Recollections: I adore the Body Collectors Characters, and to me the environment of Shadybook is classic Halloween Horror Nights. I will be visiting with people who are newer converts to HHN, so I can't wait to experience this environment and story with them. I also love the snowstorm idea. Winter's Night was one of my favorite HHN houses ever, so if it can capture even a tiny bit of the wintry aesthetics of that house I will be pleased!

2. Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem - Nightingales, Gothic, Forsaken, Bloodengutz...Again I can't wait to share these environments with my friends and family, and to relive some of my favorite experiences that keep me coming back year after year!

3. Run: Blood, Sweat, and Fears - I was not terribly excited for RUN at all, I thought it might be sub par considering all that they are taking on this year and would be a dud, but finding out that it will take place in Hellgate, and rid itself of the terrible hostile territory overlay made me much more excited for this house.

4. Freddy vs. Jason - I'm not a huge fan of either one of the properties, but this seems like a passion project, so I'm hoping a lot of effort was poured into this house and I can't wait to see it. Plus they are accessible horror icons to the public, a great way to celebrate 25 years!

5. Asylum in Wonderland 3D - I know i'm in the minority here, but I enjoy most 3-D houses, (With the Inbetween being the gold standard in my mind) and between my love of the Alice Stories, and the references to things like Ultra Violent Comics, I think they can pull this off.

6. An American Werewolf in London - I loved the original, so I'm sure I will enjoy it once again, but it is a little disappointing that this will be more or less "Scene for Scene" as Mike put it.

7. Insidious - I've never seen the movies, I've been meaning to at least see the first one. Then again a haunted house thriller will likely translate well into a haunted house, so I'm happy to be pleasantly surprised.

8. The Purge- Both of these movies were mediocre. But I thought it worked wonderfully in the streets last year. Beautifully chaotic. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised, and I'm hoping after once or twice going through that I start to see the environments of Woodsboro.

9. The Walking Dead: The Living and the Dead - Yawn. Don't get me wrong I like the show. I like Zombies and they work in an environment like HHN. But it's just been done too many times before. I can see them trying to switch things up for the hardcore fans, and I appreciate the money this obviously brings into the event, but to me...meh.

I thought I would also take a moment to discuss Scare Zones. To me the street experiences are almost more important in determining the tone of the evening that the houses. And I think we have a great array of zones this year. There is not one of the list that I would consider a dud, and I'm very happy that roaming hordes are happening as well to pad the streets a bit.

1. Evil's Roots - Call me a sucker for classic halloween. The construction pictures we've seen not only reminds me of Classic horror nights (the pumpkins) but smaller Hometown Halloween events from my childhood. I think I will linger in this zone as much as I possibly can!

2. Psychoscarepy- Unleashed: The only thing that could have made this zone better is actually building the Shadybook facade outside. It would have been fun to see the inmates fresh out of their prison, with fences torn down etc. But I'm very happy with this idea, and once again turning it toward classic halloween makes it a winner in my eyes. I love the cheap dollar store looking halloween decorations, I'm hoping they bloody them up a bit though.

3. All Night DIE in- Double Feature: Alternating Black and White and Color Sets, Classic movies monsters, What more could we want? My only fear is that it will turn into a second photo op zone as the original did at points during the night. But I also am happy with some of the photos I took in that zone, so I guess it's a double edged sword.

4. Scary Tales - Screampunk: It took me a moment to realize it said SCREAMpunk and not STEAM punk. I hope the general public doesn't make that mistake. I love the Scary Tales franchise, It's a great year to bring that back. I'm hoping for a variety of different characters and a huge cast, but the production central zones usually have reletively small casts compared to the other zones. Maybe they will do some killer aestectics, or, (and I know it's a stretch) bring back our flying monkeys!

5. Icons - HHN: Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for this zone. Once again I can't wait to share these characters with the newcomers, but it seems like another year, another photo op zone for hollywood. I hope there are enough characters around to keep my interest. Also, RAT LADY is back! I honestly didn't realize that she had gone until I stumbled across a photo of her a few months ago. What a great 25 year surprise!

1. Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem
2. Body Collectors: Recollections
3. RUN: Blood, Sweat, and Fears
4. Asylum in Wonderland 3D
5. Insidious
6. The Purge
7. Freddy vs. Jason
8. An American Werewolf in London
9. The Walking Dead - The Living Dead

It was hard to pick a #1 because there are three houses I am really interested in. 

1.  Asylum in Wonderland 3D -  I chose Asylum in Wonderland because Alice is one of my favorite literary characters of all time and I loved the Asylum scarezone.  I don't have a problem with the 3-D nature of the house because it seems to fit the concept well.

2. Anniversary  - I am excited for this house because I want to see what they put in it and the fact that it will be a big house.  I've seen a couple of the rumors, and I think I'll be happy for the most part.

3. Blizzard - I love the Body Collectors and I love Psychoscareapy.  I don't know what's to come out of mixing the two of them together, but I'm excited for it.

4. RUN - I am interested in this house, but I am a little apprehensive. I did not get to see the first RUN house, only the second one.  Which didn't really have much to do with original concept and was not a favorite of mine.  But I have heard so many people talk about how great the first one was so that gets my #4 spot.  Also, the fact it's in Hellgate Prison intrigues me. 

Obviously a bigger fan of the original concepts, but continuing on

5. AWIL - Yes, we just had it a couple years ago. But it's in my top five favorite houses of the last 9 years that I've attended so if they were going to bring one back, this is a good one.  For me anyway.

6. Freddy vs. Jason - Two classics and has got to be better than the movie.  

7. Purge - I actually liked the scarezone more than I thought I would last year.  

8. Insidious - I've seen two of the movies.  O.k. I guess.  Not real excited for it but I'll give it a chance.

9. TWD - The houses have gotten better over the years but I'm just over it.  I understand why they keep bringing it back, but I don't have to like it.

As for the scarezones. I'm excited for all of them.  In the past when they had them, usually there were one or two I just didn't think we're going to be good but all of these have great potential and I can't wait to go through them.

Edited by Neko

Now that we have had the full reveal, I can chime in on this!

1. Body Collectors- Recollections: I adore the Body Collectors Characters, and to me the environment of Shadybook is classic Halloween Horror Nights. I will be visiting with people who are newer converts to HHN, so I can't wait to experience this environment and story with them. I also love the snowstorm idea. Winter's Night was one of my favorite HHN houses ever, so if it can capture even a tiny bit of the wintry aesthetics of that house I will be pleased!

2. Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem - Nightingales, Gothic, Forsaken, Bloodengutz...Again I can't wait to share these environments with my friends and family, and to relive some of my favorite experiences that keep me coming back year after year!

3. Run: Blood, Sweat, and Fears - I was not terribly excited for RUN at all, I thought it might be sub par considering all that they are taking on this year and would be a dud, but finding out that it will take place in Hellgate, and rid itself of the terrible hostile territory overlay made me much more excited for this house.

4. Freddy vs. Jason - I'm not a huge fan of either one of the properties, but this seems like a passion project, so I'm hoping a lot of effort was poured into this house and I can't wait to see it. Plus they are accessible horror icons to the public, a great way to celebrate 25 years!

5. Asylum in Wonderland 3D - I know i'm in the minority here, but I enjoy most 3-D houses, (With the Inbetween being the gold standard in my mind) and between my love of the Alice Stories, and the references to things like Ultra Violent Comics, I think they can pull this off.

6. An American Werewolf in London - I loved the original, so I'm sure I will enjoy it once again, but it is a little disappointing that this will be more or less "Scene for Scene" as Mike put it.

7. Insidious - I've never seen the movies, I've been meaning to at least see the first one. Then again a haunted house thriller will likely translate well into a haunted house, so I'm happy to be pleasantly surprised.

8. The Purge- Both of these movies were mediocre. But I thought it worked wonderfully in the streets last year. Beautifully chaotic. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised, and I'm hoping after once or twice going through that I start to see the environments of Woodsboro.

9. The Walking Dead: The Living and the Dead - Yawn. Don't get me wrong I like the show. I like Zombies and they work in an environment like HHN. But it's just been done too many times before. I can see them trying to switch things up for the hardcore fans, and I appreciate the money this obviously brings into the event, but to me...meh.

I thought I would also take a moment to discuss Scare Zones. To me the street experiences are almost more important in determining the tone of the evening that the houses. And I think we have a great array of zones this year. There is not one of the list that I would consider a dud, and I'm very happy that roaming hordes are happening as well to pad the streets a bit.

1. Evil's Roots - Call me a sucker for classic halloween. The construction pictures we've seen not only reminds me of Classic horror nights (the pumpkins) but smaller Hometown Halloween events from my childhood. I think I will linger in this zone as much as I possibly can!

2. Psychoscarepy- Unleashed: The only thing that could have made this zone better is actually building the Shadybook facade outside. It would have been fun to see the inmates fresh out of their prison, with fences torn down etc. But I'm very happy with this idea, and once again turning it toward classic halloween makes it a winner in my eyes. I love the cheap dollar store looking halloween decorations, I'm hoping they bloody them up a bit though.

3. All Night DIE in- Double Feature: Alternating Black and White and Color Sets, Classic movies monsters, What more could we want? My only fear is that it will turn into a second photo op zone as the original did at points during the night. But I also am happy with some of the photos I took in that zone, so I guess it's a double edged sword.

4. Scary Tales - Screampunk: It took me a moment to realize it said SCREAMpunk and not STEAM punk. I hope the general public doesn't make that mistake. I love the Scary Tales franchise, It's a great year to bring that back. I'm hoping for a variety of different characters and a huge cast, but the production central zones usually have reletively small casts compared to the other zones. Maybe they will do some killer aestectics, or, (and I know it's a stretch) bring back our flying monkeys!

5. Icons - HHN: Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for this zone. Once again I can't wait to share these characters with the newcomers, but it seems like another year, another photo op zone for hollywood. I hope there are enough characters around to keep my interest. Also, RAT LADY is back! I honestly didn't realize that she had gone until I stumbled across a photo of her a few months ago. What a great 25 year surprise!

Make sure to watch at least the first Insidious before you go! My wife and I love horror movies and it's definitely a top 5 favorite!

Houses:

1. Monsters and Mayhem

2. Body Collectors

3. Freddy vs. Jason

4. Run

5. Insidious

6. The Purge

7. Asylum in Wonderland

8. Walking Dead

9. American Werewolf in London

Scarezones:

1. All-Nite Die-In

2. Psychoscareapy

3. Evils Roots

4. Icons

5. Scary Tales

HOUSES

1. Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters & Mayhem

2. Body Collectors: Recollections

3. Freddy Vs. Jason

4. An American Werewolf In London

5. Run: Blood, Sweat and Fears

6. Insidious

7. Asylum in Wonderland 3D

8. The Walking Dead: The Living and the Dead

9. The Purge

Scare Zones

1. All Nite Die-In: Double Feature

2. Psychoscareapy: Unleashed

3. Evil's Roots

4. Scary Tales: Screampunk

5. HHN: Icons

HOUSES

1. Body Collectors: Recollections
2. Run: Blood, Sweat and Fears
3. Asylum In Wonderland 3D
4. Jack presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem
5. Insidious
6. Freddy vs. Jason
7. The Purge
9. An American Werewolf In London

SCAREZONES

1. Scary Tales: Screampunk
2. Evil's Roots
3. Icons
4. All Nite Die In: Double Feature
5. PsychoScareapy: Unleashed

Houses

2. Run: Blood, Sweat and Fears
3. Freddy Vs. Jason
5. Body Collectors: Recollections
6. The Purge
7. Insidious
9. An American Werewolf In London

Scare Zones

2. Evil's Roots
3. HHN: Icons
5. Psychoscareapy: Unleashed

I had a hard time listing which scare zones I am most anticipating, as they all sound great to me. 

1. Psychoscarepy: Unleashed

2. HHN: Icons

3. All Nite Die-In: Double Feature

4. Evil's Roots

5. Scary Tales: Screampunk

Edited by Chance25

Now that everything's revealed, my list is a bit different.

1. Freddy vs Jason (didn't change)

2. Monsters and Mayhem (up 3 spots)

3. Insidious

4. Asylum in Wonderland (down 2 spots)

5. RUN (up 2 spots)

6. Body Collectors (down 2 spots, but 3-6 are completely interchangeable)

7. Purge (down a spot)

8. AWiL (same)

9. TWD (same)

Zones:

1. HHN: Icons (TERRIBLE name, awesome potential)

2. Psychoscareapy

3. All Nite Die-In

4. Scary Stales: ScreamPunk

5. Evil's Roots

Honestly excited for everything this year.

HOUSES

1. Asylum In Wonderland 3D 
2. Jack presents: 25 Years of Monsters and MayhemRun: Blood, Sweat and Fears
3. Run: Blood, Sweat and Fears

Yeah, I know I'm not into houses that much.. I enjoy the streets.

SCAREZONES

1. Evil's Roots 
2. Icons
3. PsychoScareapy: Unleashed 
5. All Nite Die In: Double Feature

I don't know about you guys but the more I see being put into the Evil's Roots area the more that jumps up in line for my most anticipated zone. They should have used this zone in 2013 since the slogan was "What Walking Dead has taken root?" Wait... I may have gotten that wrong.

• Like 2

I'm actually REALLY excited for this year now and apart from TWD (-_-) everything sound great!

HOUSES

2. Insidious 

3. Body Collectors: Recollections

4. Freddy vs. Jason

5. An American Werewolf In London 

6. The Purge

7. Asylum In Wonderland 3D 

8. Run: Blood, Sweat and Fears 

9. The Walking Dead: The Living and the Dead

SCAREZONES

2. Evil's Roots

3. Icons: HHN

4. PsychoScareapy: Unleashed

5. Scary Tales: Screampunk

Houses:

1) Freddy vs. Jason
2) Body Collectors: Recollections
3) Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem
4) Insidious
5) The Walking Dead - The Living Dead
6) The Purge
7) Asylum in Wonderland 3D
8) RUN: Blood, Sweat, and Fears
9) An American Werewolf in London

Scare Zones:

1) All Nite Die-In: Double Feature  
2) Evil's Roots
3) PsychoScareapy: Unleashed
4) Scary Tales: Screampunk
5) 
Icons: HHN

Friday

1. Blizzard

2. Alice 3d

3. Run

4. Anniversary House

5. Freddy vs Jason

6. Insidious

7. The Purge

8. The Walking Dead

9. AWIL

Now:

1. Blizzard

2. Insidious

3. Anniversary House

4. Alice 3d

5. Run

6. Freddy vs Jason

7. The Purge

8. The Walking Dead

9. AWIL

Change based on intel. I will skip AWIL if I need to. Ideally of course I would like to compare. But I wouldn't be heartbroken to miss Ia house I just saw.

My Top 9 Anticipated House Line Up:

2. Freddy Vs. Jason

3. Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem

4. Run: Blood, Sweat, and Fears

5. Insidious

6. Asylum in Wonderland 3D

7. The Purge

8. American Werewolf in London

9. The Walking Dead: The Living and The Dead

Scarezone:

1. Psychoscareapy: Unleashed

2. All Nite Die-In: Double Feature

3. Icons: HHN

4. Scary Tales: ScreamPunk

5. Evil Roots

Edited by CinemaOfTheDead
Updating Ranks (Switching #3 and #4)

Friday

6. Insidious

Now:

2. Insidious

Change based on intel. 

Sounds like Tent 2 has a chance at being HotY yet again....Really hoping this house is as creepy and scary as I'm anticipating it to be. #3 for me, as I'm over the moon about FvJ, and M&M has potential to be legendary.

Because I'm finally going this year since 21 and very excited (yet (very) letdown):

2. RUN: Blood, Sweat, and Fears

3. Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem

12. Insidious

13. The Purge

14. Freddy Vs. Jason

15. The Walking Dead: The Living and the Dead

16. An American Werewolf In London

1. Evil's Roots / 2. Scary Tales: Screampunk  . . . . . . . . . . . . 24. All Nite Die-In / 27. Psychoscarepy / 36. Icons: HHN (They couldn't  imagine a better name?)