HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay well, with this new information, we can pull back prior knowledge and experience. Although I am not completely in term with the mythological aspect of that one house, I do know this. HHN 18 through 20 were planned around the same time, and possibly had a connection with eachother, as I have mentioned many a time on other sites. Also, I am pretty sure that we are all familiar with Legendary Truth, and the study of urban legends and folk tale. Well, this can kind of branch off of that. Urban legends to mythology. I have a feeling, since it being a reunion year, that this idea of Mythology is attempting to describe "history repeating itself", as in a reunion year, and more in depth. This is just my opinion, but it seems to fit in the big picture. Shadows of the Past (or shadows from the past?) emphasizes more about, well, HHN history. Maybe the whole idea of this one house is to go even further back and describe the connections of Our HHN icons, and stories. Legendary truth, which as mentioned above, can give the really dedicated fans the information we crave about these icons, and at the same time, the GP is really interested in this kind of historical thing. Sorry if this was a long read, or a waste of time, but I am just trying to get a general picture to everyone.

Back on topic (sort-of) If you were there for the Holmes Inc. event on the first night, he posted a picture of what looked like a janitor (it might have been a teacher)(he said there is one in every school as a "hint") My thinking is what if we are over-analyzing the whole tree thing. Since one of his "hints" came true, what it he was telling the truth, the whole event might be about the teacher/janitor person going through history but of HHN or maybe of plain-old history but darkened I don't know, but frightantic goes with Titanic, greek mythoulogy goes with the obvious and etc. I could be totally wrong but I feel like I'm onto something (sorry if that sounds corny haha)

I would really like to avoid any further discussion of this Dr. Holmes Inc person due to the sensitivity of it and the drama it caused on Vault. Just a reminder that since Post Count on this thread is increasing we will be making sure it stays organized. Things such as over-sized Signatures which are larger then the 460X130 allowed, and unnecessary posts that does not contribute to speculation may be removed/deleted to ensure the threads organization. If you have any questions please PM a staff member.

Thanks

How can greek mythology be scary? I'm sorry but if this whole event is based around greek mythology i might be dissapointed. Let's face it thats not very halloweeny and if the icons are "gods" are they gonna still look the same or will jack be wearing a toga? Maybe were reading into this too much? idk

How can greek mythology be scary? I'm sorry but if this whole event is based around greek mythology i might be dissapointed. Let's face it thats not very halloweeny and if the icons are "gods" are they gonna still look the same or will jack be wearing a toga? Maybe were reading into this too much? idk

Oh I don't know:

medusa

army of hades

cereberus

sirens

minotaur

chimera

come on if they can make the wizard of OZ scary they can make actual monsters scary... it's not THAT great a stretch... It's all in the packaging.

Edited by JWFearman

I really don't think we will have the entire event based on Greek Mythology. All we know is two rooms in one house. We don't even know for sure if the rest of that house will be Greek. It could be for example one part of a history of horror through the ages showing how the roots of evil have grown out through time, branching out in different directions to bear sinister fruit.

I really don't think we will have the entire event based on Greek Mythology. All we know is two rooms in one house. We don't even know for sure if the rest of that house will be Greek. It could be for example one part of a history of horror through the ages showing how the roots of evil have grown out through time, branching out in different directions to bear sinister fruit.

Exactly, that house could be for example like a timeline of the history of horror kind of deal, showing us the evolution of horror through the years.

Oh I don't know:

medusa

army of hades

cereberus

sirens

minotaur

chimera

come on if they can make the wizard of OZ scary they can make actual monsters scary... it's not THAT great a stretch... It's all in the packaging.

I agree! These pictures prove that they can definitely make Greek mythology work for a few scenes in a house, if not the entire house. Just imagining some of these things popping out at me causes nightmares! :)

I was discussing the idea of Greek Mythology being used in houses, with my boyfriend, and we both agreed on one question. Wouldn't that kind of be an insult to culture in a way? *shruggs*

I don't think HHN could insult Greek culture any more than countless others already have, from Wonder Woman and Shazam! comics, to the Percy Jackson books and movie, to Ray Harryhausen movies and the Clash of the Titans remake, to video games and let's not forget the FTD florist in his gold lame tights!

Then of course there's this guy in his Halloween costume as Cerberus:

chi-cerberus.jpg

Grrrr!!! I guard the pits of Hades!!!

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Oh, I just had a thought!

Perhaps, if the Rat Lady has a room in a house (as we seem to have been informed) will she be in the floor again? I remember that, vividly, from my first year. It's an awesome effect that I would love to see revisited.

Mae

There is plenty of room for speculation. The scarezone only featured 3 official icons; the rest were either a canceled icon or supporting characters. If we take Shadows of the Past at face value there will be no Eddie, no Director, no Elsa or Bloody Mary. That puts over half of HHN history out of the running. There are other clues, too, that throw a different kind of shadow. The Rat Lady, to my knowledge, has never had a house to herself, so I'm pretty comfortable with the list being of scenes not houses. If she has a scene and she is named as herself, then why disguise other room names with 'codes'?

I am burning with curiosity, and I LOVE reading everyone's ideas. This is part of the fun of HHN and having forums to co-conspire with other junkies has made HHN even more fun for me. Let's continue our speculation! Nothing is concrete until the event begins!!!

Mae

Although you only actually SEE Jack, the Caretaker, and the Usher, the scarezone featured audio clues for the Director and the Storyteller.

Although you only actually SEE Jack, the Caretaker, and the Usher, the scarezone featured audio clues for the Director and the Storyteller.

And for them to create the audio like they did just for a few nights, I think there is more to it. I wish we had a clear copy of the track

And for them to create the audio like they did just for a few nights, I think there is more to it. I wish we had a clear copy of the track

I remember someone got a pretty damn clear audio recording of it just as last year ended. I'll try to dig it up.

A while ago there was a "Arts and Crafts" easter egg posted on here with a speculation on the tree theme, After reading the comments ref greek mytholgy ( my spelling is really bad i know...) i found this ....arts and crafts... war goddess big big long shot and most likely nothing to do with it but hey i thought it was interesting... loving all the new ideas guys x

Who Is Athena?:

Athena is the name of an important goddess for the Greeks. She is the patron goddess of Athens, the goddess of wisdom, a goddess of arts and crafts (agriculture, navigation, spinning, weaving, and needlework), the favorite daughter of her father Zeus, and, as a war goddess with a focus on strategy more than bloodshed, an active participant in the Trojan War. She gave Athens the gift of the olive tree, providing oil, food, and wood. :unsure:

What if each of the old icons represents one of the greek gods?

This idea was suggested earlier by Dr.Jimmy. Here is what he said:

There was a Body Collector, we found out in 2008 that the Body Collectors were active in Victorian London, what if they were active in Ancient times?

Or, what if the roots of our icons run truly very very deep, and they are somehow twisted incarnations of ancient gods and figures of myth? A dark pantheon, so to speak?

If so Jack could = Dionysus the trickster god, and Eddie = Ares god of war.

The Caretaker and Cindy could be a modern version of the myth of Hades and Persephone.

The Director could be a dark Apollo and the Usher an evil Hermes.

The Storyteller might be a twisted version of Athena goddess of wisdom, or even one of the three fates.

And the there's Bloody Mary who is "safe" when she is only seen in a mirror but becomes deadly when she emerges from it. Medusa?

It truly is a fascinating idea. It's nice to see the wheels turning again.

My two cents on the scene names.

SS23:

5. Medusa/Gorgon - Gorgons have wings. Will we see a return of the Bungee scare or will it be more like the scares used in Drac and Wolfman.

7.Army of Hades - One house with two references to Greek Mythology leads me to believe the entire house will be based off of it. Will we see the Minotaur's Labyrinth, Mt Olympus, Hephaestus' Forge?

Sprung 1:

9. Museum Hallway - With a possible hhn history type theme to this year, will this house take us through HHN's history or will it in some way connect to the Greek Mythology house and history in general?

Sprung 2:

0.Facade - Doesn't help much

3. Observation Deck. - If this is Frightanic, I hope they can pull it of in a tent. The first thing I think of when I hear Observation Deck isn't a ship though. I think of the Empire State Building or The Gateway Arch. I also think of observation points used by scientists in a lab or the watchtowers used by park rangers.

Parade Building

1. Vortex - This vortex could be more like the one used in IT instead of the ones used with Jack, Chucky, and other funhouse type houses.

9. Rat Lady Corridor - Others have said it, but this brings to mind Dungeon of Terror. The Rat Lady's original home. And since Mae asked about her being in the floor, I don't think they will do that again. I vaguely remember hearing comments that the Rat Lady's view from that position could be very disturbing at times.

These scene names seem to create more questions than they answer, but it's a start.