HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hints have been made of the return of LT this year, and we never really found out what actually happened to Boris Shuster.

Will he return this year? If so maybe he will begin a new career as a LUMBERJACK!!!

How funny this all seems... this is exactly how they do it behind the scenes. lol... just blurt out the ideas and go nuts. we shouuld design out own HHN every year just for the hell of it.

Doug over at My Remote Radio has posted his thoughts about our current theories, quoting and complementing Charles and myself while doing so>http://www.myremoteradio.com/blog/hhn-family-tree

He also reminds us that Albert Caine, the Caretaker originally worked at Shady Oaks Cemetery according to information on the HHN 16 website!

http://websites.horrornights.be/2006site_After/orlando/screamhouse.html

But, this puts a slight damper on the Carey, Ohio theories as this was located in the town of Nobel, Georgia.

Shady Oaks...hmmm...Shady....brook?

This is good stuff, guys. Keep speculating!!

OMG!!!

How could I have not seen this before???

What if Universal has acquired the rights to use the characters from one of their already successful attractions at USO for Halloween Horror Nights and the connecting theme for this year is:

HHN XX: TREEHOUSE OF HORROR!!!

:o

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mae

Maybe they could bring over bits of the old Enchanted Oak tavern from IOA?

(please forgive this, it is a silly post.)

EDIT - I now will make up for the above with something not-so-silly!

Doug over at My Remote Radio has posted his thoughts about our current theories, quoting and complementing Charles and myself while doing so>http://www.myremoteradio.com/blog/hhn-family-tree

He also reminds us that Albert Caine, the Caretaker originally worked at Shady Oaks Cemetery according to information on the HHN 16 website!

http://websites.horrornights.be/2006site_After/orlando/screamhouse.html

But, this puts a slight damper on the Carey, Ohio theories as this was located in the town of Nobel, Georgia.

It doesn't really hurt the Carey, Ohio theory, it just makes everything tie in with each other more, Cause Shady Oaks could be linked to Shady Brook like Mae said. I was just thinking, maybe all the icons originated in Carey or born there. There are so many theories that could come from all of this. Like you could say, hmmm Shady Oaks, maybe this tree that everyone is talking about is a very large Oak that creates shade! (of coarse I'm joking) But like I demonstrated a lot could be said about everything that has discussed over the past month. I hate to say it but we probably wont get any where closer to all of this until the code names are found or the teaser page is put up :mellow:. Well, I guess we will see!

Edit: Grammar corrections.

Edited by hhnfan16

Cleaned up the thread a bit. As a reminder, please keep discussion to HHN 20 only. In addition, we need to try and keep the I'm excited/can't wait posts to a minimum as it clogs the thread and makes it harder for us to find information we are looking for.

All Bill and Ted Speculation has moved HERE.

Soooo.....it's May 10th....did anyone find anything?

Wasn't this the day that last year's 'clues' were discovered? I burn for those first stirrings of our approaching event!!

Mae

I checked for the building permits but I couldn't find anything :(. I will check alittle later to see if they are up.

Edited by hhnfan16

It may be my internet connection, but I haven't had a problem until now.

I am receiving an error message when attempting to look up permits for universal.

I do a parcel search. I have tried IE and Mozilla. Look for permits tomorrow or later tonight.

Is there more to it than just entering 'universal' and 'permits'?

Mae

Edited by Mae

It may be my internet connection, but I haven't had a problem until now.

I am receiving an error message when attempting to look up permits for universal.

I do a parcel search. I have tried IE and Mozilla. Look for permits tomorrow or later tonight.

I looked earlier today and didn't see anything. I also can not look up with Mozilla... ever.

However I DID try just now and found nothing... typically, "Halloween Horror Nights" followed by the number, a few years it was hhn... Halloween usually brings up horror nights... but I found nothing.

On a slightly related note, I finished my concept tree for the gate... Having trouble with the details..

What do you guys think?

Click here

Hmmmm...all this talk about trees has me flashing back to The Wizard of Oz scarezone from a couple years ago, and how it was missing the important element of living trees, something that scared the living bejabbers out of me when I was a child. Imagine a path through a grove of gnarled trees which, when you walk between them, lean over and attempt to grab you with their branches.

It's a time-honored scare, I don't recall it being done at HHN before (although I believe I have seen it at Netherworld), and I'm sure Universal could scare up (heh) a few tree costumes.

As far as permits and codenames go, chill out ya'll. We'll know when we know...and I've said this before, but it bears repeating: the last couple of years of HHN have, structure-wise if not subject matter-wise, followed much the same pattern. I expect this year to be much like HHN 18 and 19...only hopefully bigger.

Oh and...I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Edited by Bsquare

How funny this all seems... this is exactly how they do it behind the scenes. lol... just blurt out the ideas and go nuts. we shouuld design out own HHN every year just for the hell of it.

Mine would be AWESOME. It would also cost 300 million dollars and be banned in every state.

I looked earlier today and didn't see anything. I also can not look up with Mozilla... ever.

However I DID try just now and found nothing... typically, "Halloween Horror Nights" followed by the number, a few years it was hhn... Halloween usually brings up horror nights... but I found nothing.

On a slightly related note, I finished my concept tree for the gate... Having trouble with the details..

What do you guys think?

Click here

I always do a parcel search on Uni. It brings up all of their permits. When I tried it about 45 minutes ago, none of the parcels would pull up. I go a message that said we cannot process your request at this time.

It could be that my internet is acting up or that Orlando Permits are updating. I will try again.

EDIT: Apparently it was the site or my internet connection. No new Permits. But, I have a hubby who works in construction (Florida construction), so if Uni is going to start building by next Thursday...going by the 3 week idea...then we need to see a permit by this week or tuesday of next week atleast.

If they leave us clues so be it...if not it's back to last years HHN 19 well HHN 20 permit pulls

Edited by mystiquephreeq

Hmmmm...all this talk about trees has me flashing back to The Wizard of Oz scarezone from a couple years ago, and how it was missing the important element of living trees, something that scared the living bejabbers out of me when I was a child. Imagine a path through a grove of gnarled trees which, when you walk between them, lean over and attempt to grab you with their branches.

It's a time-honored scare, I don't recall it being done at HHN before (although I believe I have seen it at Netherworld), and I'm sure Universal could scare up (heh) a few tree costumes.

As far as permits and codenames go, chill out ya'll. We'll know when we know...and I've said this before, but it bears repeating: the last couple of years of HHN have, structure-wise if not subject matter-wise, followed much the same pattern. I expect this year to be much like HHN 18 and 19...only hopefully bigger.

Oh and...I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Crap I'm double posting.

B...I can understand your thought process on the trees, but.....

I'm probably at least a decade younger than you. If they are playing to mass appeal (which SAW proved they thought of) by the time the trees became semi prevalent to the masses, they were humorous, not frightening in the least.

Really, bucket lunches?

Crap I'm double posting.

B...I can understand your thought process on the trees, but.....

I'm probably at least a decade younger than you. If they are playing to mass appeal (which SAW proved they thought of) by the time the trees became semi prevalent to the masses, they were humorous, not frightening in the least.

Really, bucket lunches?

Point taken, but you have to understand that I don't go to HHN to be scared. Confession? HHN has never scared me at all, not even a tiny little bit. It's the whole fantasy world-building aspect of it that I enjoy. I actually go to HHN for the same reason I go to Disney World, to be transported to another place where impossible things happen. To me, the appeal is much the same. Darker, to be sure, but still the same.

And if the Wizard of Oz metaphor isn't working for you,then think back to the tree scene from Poltergeist...or even better, the tree-rape scene from Evil Dead. Evil trees can work, sez me. Good thing no one listens to me.

And now, time for a bucket of lunch.

Yeah the tree from Poltergeist gives me nightmares still...

OH! and I completely forgot... but something else to possibly add to the tree-sting-m theory deal...

First off... the body collectors are at both HHN 2008 and 2005. BUT I was watching my 2008 house walkthrough of BCCOTP... and if you start watching at about 1:54 - 1:58... the Gentleman at the top of the stairs is holding a Terra Throne Blade.Now this simply could be a reusing of props... OR it could be a symbol of the multidimensional(5th dimension) aspect of the tree.

Edited by JWFearman

...the Gentleman at the top of the stairs is holding a Terra Throne Blade. Now this simply could be a reusing of props... OR it could be a symbol of the multidimensional(5th dimension) aspect of the tree.

Which do you think it is?

I would love if it was all connected but at the same time Occam's Razor says it just props being reused.