HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

I think we all sometimes forget that Uni does this event for the general public. Sometimes what we as hardcore followers of HHN forget to realize is that what we want may not matter as much as what the general public matter. The people on this forum are going to HHN no matter what, the general public may be more inclined to spend 75 dollars if they like the overall theme. I for one can tell you walking through the shadows of the past scarezone last year the general public loves jack for some reason. I think the wedding is a valid idea but I would like to see something different. That being said I trust in universal to hit a home run with this year since it is a special anniversary year.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The event seems to vacillate between very creative and detailed years, i.e., Tales of Terror, Reflections of Fear, and much less creative and detailed years, i.e., Carnival of Carnage and Sweet 16. Perhaps this is for budgetary reasons or other reasons. Whatever the reason, this year certainly seems to be shaping up as a year to chalk up to the latter grouping rather than the former.

Can you substantiate this comment please? Just because Potter has impacted the website updates by only a few weeks/days, you now claim that this indicates that the event will be cheap and uneventful excuse for a HHN.

Speaking to various people all the time at hhnrumors, we know this year we will ALL be in for a treat! So if we must speculate, I think positive and constructive comments should be undertaken instead of the blatant moaning due to the lack of website updates. We all love HHN but we just gotta accept that Potter is BIG and needs all the marketing it can get, our event will still be as good, we just need patience.

I really did not intend to cause quite such a stir with that post yesterday. I merely meant to remind people that although certain rumors may have been around for years, they shouldn't be automatically discredited and especially shouldn't be lumped together with the most obnoxious rantings of trolls.

I also was quite tickled with the use of a certain poem which by some amazing coincidence was also used yesterday somewhere else in another context. This was merely an amazing coincidence as that hadn't actually happened yet when the OP posted it!

So I must congratulate all newlyweds real or imagined here or elsewhere.

I also was quite tickled with the use of a certain poem which by some amazing coincidence was also used yesterday somewhere else in another context. This was merely an amazing coincidence as that hadn't actually happened yet when the OP posted it!

So I must congratulate all newlyweds real or imagined here or elsewhere.

That made me laugh too! Cough Dr Who.

I also agree we should give TJ and Co more credit!

The more and more I think about it, a wedding COULD work. Knowing Universal, they would find a way to make a story, complete with SZ, Houses, and all, around it. I can see some sort of Wedding themed show occuring. I'm not saying I LIKE the idea, which I don't. Universal is capable of very creative and incredible things and this would definitely fall into the "not so much" catagory.

However, I can see it working. And, I dont remember who said it exactly, but people WILL come despite the theme. We can kick and scream all we'd like but if they do end up doing a wedding...I think all of us would attend regardless.

For the past few years uni has made the houses connect with the main theme in some way. I have no clue how a greek myth house will mesh at all with Jack getting married..?

I highhly doubt a wedding celebration will occur.

Not every house connects completely with every other, it would take a lot of stretching to connect the Fangoria sponsored Leave it to Cleaver with the movie theme last year. Likewise Doomsday had nothing to do with Mary's world but with a movie released by Rogue pictures.

Nevertheless a little creativity can make it work, consider Chance, just who is she? Why is her name Chance? Perhaps she is connected in some way with the Greek Goddess Tyche, known to Romans as Fortuna? The Goddess of Luck and Chance?

Tyche_HS3707.jpg

Or the Greek house could be a walk through of Hades (in fact that would be my guess), but while we are in the Underworld we may be told by Jack to look for Chance whom he thinks may have slipped off across the river Styx.

But no matter how hard we search we never find her because...

WE HAVE NO CHANCE IN HELL!!!!!

Not every house connects completely with every other, it would take a lot of stretching to connect the Fangoria sponsored Leave it to Cleaver with the movie theme last year.

Actually LTC fit in with the movie theme perfectly because Meetz was the supplier of the refreshments for intermission time..."Let's all go to the lobby..."

How many people have that stuck in their head now HAHAHAHHAAHA imagine having to work and hear that almost every day.

Edited by Shotguy06

The more and more I think about it, a wedding COULD work. Knowing Universal, they would find a way to make a story, complete with SZ, Houses, and all, around it. I can see some sort of Wedding themed show occuring. I'm not saying I LIKE the idea, which I don't. Universal is capable of very creative and incredible things and this would definitely fall into the "not so much" catagory.

However, I can see it working. And, I dont remember who said it exactly, but people WILL come despite the theme. We can kick and scream all we'd like but if they do end up doing a wedding...I think all of us would attend regardless.

The one way that they can connect the wedding to all the houses and the event is if we get an Arrival show, where we see them getting married and the icons as the guests, and then the whole park is their Honeymoon! each house is a destination of the honeymoon, and the greek house is because Jack stole the time machine and took chance back in time

(this wedding idea sounds worst the more i think about it! <_< )

Edited by black7mask

Not every house connects completely with every other, it would take a lot of stretching to connect the Fangoria sponsored Leave it to Cleaver with the movie theme last year. Likewise Doomsday had nothing to do with Mary's world but with a movie released by Rogue pictures.

Nevertheless a little creativity can make it work, consider Chance, just who is she? Why is her name Chance? Perhaps she is connected in some way with the Greek Goddess Tyche, known to Romans as Fortuna? The Goddess of Luck and Chance?

Tyche_HS3707.jpg

Or the Greek house could be a walk through of Hades (in fact that would be my guess), but while we are in the Underworld we may be told by Jack to look for Chance whom he thinks may have slipped off across the river Styx.

But no matter how hard we search we never find her because...

WE HAVE NO CHANCE IN HELL!!!!!

Oh.

That was either really, really bad or really really good...depending on your point of view.

You should be fined a pun-tax!

Mae

They really need a simple idea in order to "sell" it to the general public. The simpler the idea the less the general public needs to know in order to enjoy it.

I think the Wedding idea would just be too hard to sell/explain in a billboard or a very small cube on a broucher.

All the other ideas they have had in the past have been very easy to explain to non-fanatics,.....a reunion? they can enjoy that without having to know everyones back story, its just all the old characters they've used in the past....

A wedding of these charaters on the hand might not fly so easy....the public might not get it....and might not take the time to care ...and do the research to care.

Ill buy the reunion year as an option....but not the wedding.

This, so called..."Wedding" has been a rumor for like a couple of years, so it's safe to say that this idea itself is not going to be used.

Personally I don't mind the idea of one house being devoted to past icons, but I would hope to see a lot of new stuff this year. I think that the general public may not follow the stories of the individual icons or house themes but this being a halloween themed event during halloween is generally enough to bring people in. I mean it definately helps when you have movie themed houses but most people want to go to haunted houses during the halloween season. If they really want to bring people in they should do more nation wide advertising and lower ticket prices. I hoped to see some darker gothic themes this year and maybe a house having to do with common fears that people have.

I've been having a few discussions with friends regarding HHN and we have found at least one discrepancy regarding house locations that has us confused. We have also been discussing the possibilities for the Observation Deck.

Let me explain the discrepancy first.

From HHNRumors (bolds inserted by me)

Anon writes USFPG an email asking about the availability of SS24 for October 2010. Uni writes back saying that SS24 won't be available for the entire month of October. Simple enough, Uni goes on to say that part of SS23 would be available during the month. Leading me to believe that these soundstages will be used for HHN and that Anon may be on to something.

It may be a mistake, a typo, or red herring, but why is half of SS23 available and SS24 totally unavailable. Does this mean SS22 will hold two houses instead of SS23? Why will SS24 be unavailable? Will we have another que line in a soundstage? Just confuses us ever so slightly. I would have thought SS23 would be 2 houses and SS22 only 1.

Onto the Observation Deck.

I know Shadow has stated that there will be no movie houses, but a look toward the past can show that no movies houses doesn't necessarily mean no movie based houses. IT was loosely based off of Event Horizon. Ship of Screams was loosely based off of Ghost Ship. The Skoolhouse was heavily influenced by Trick or Treat. So, could the Observation Deck be pointing toward a house loosely based off of a movie.

One of the first things I thought of when I read Observation Deck was a laboratory. Could we see something along the lines of Splice? Scarepy HFTH loosely based on Black Christmas which was made by Copperheart, the same people who made Splice. Just a thought.

I've been having a few discussions with friends regarding HHN and we have found at least one discrepancy regarding house locations that has us confused. We have also been discussing the possibilities for the Observation Deck.

Let me explain the discrepancy first.

From HHNRumors (bolds inserted by me)

It may be a mistake, a typo, or red herring, but why is half of SS23 available and SS24 totally unavailable. Does this mean SS22 will hold two houses instead of SS23? Why will SS24 be unavailable? Will we have another que line in a soundstage? Just confuses us ever so slightly. I would have thought SS23 would be 2 houses and SS22 only 1.

Onto the Observation Deck.

I know Shadow has stated that there will be no movie houses, but a look toward the past can show that no movies houses doesn't necessarily mean no movie based houses. IT was loosely based off of Event Horizon. Ship of Screams was loosely based off of Ghost Ship. The Skoolhouse was heavily influenced by Trick or Treat. So, could the Observation Deck be pointing toward a house loosely based off of a movie.

One of the first things I thought of when I read Observation Deck was a laboratory. Could we see something along the lines of Splice? Scarepy HFTH loosely based on Black Christmas which was made by Copperheart, the same people who made Splice. Just a thought.

I'm not sure but I think that intell was received from the person who books the use of the soundstages. The half relates to paid storage that TNA undertakes in that soundstage.

You have to appreciate we receive 100s of comments/emails on a daily basis and have to wade through the bunkum to find the real gems!

So just a thought on the observation deck. Although I never got to attent a Body Collectors house, from what i've read there was a scene where one collector ripped out a spine while the others sat in jury like seating observing. Hmm...observing- observation deck. Maybe the return of body collectors? Just an idea.

So just a thought on the observation deck. Although I never got to attent a Body Collectors house, from what i've read there was a scene where one collector ripped out a spine while the others sat in jury like seating observing. Hmm...observing- observation deck. Maybe the return of body collectors? Just an idea.

or maybe a whole new house? we keep saying...ya must be this house, or that house, even possibly that house too. common people, lets be more creative than whats been done...sure some ideas may come from scenes or things from successful houses of the past. but A&D is making an effort to recreate HHN, and not dwell on past success. lets open our minds a little bit and not take everything we hear, and turn it into what we know.

or maybe a whole new house? we keep saying...ya must be this house, or that house, even possibly that house too. common people, lets be more creative than whats been done...sure some ideas may come from scenes or things from successful houses of the past. but A&D is making an effort to recreate HHN, and not dwell on past success. lets open our minds a little bit and not take everything we hear, and turn it into what we know.

Wow I cant believe Im saying this but I agree... Me and you rarely see eye to eye on stuff.

I'm just giving an idea. Especially if they do stick with the whole reunion thing. Which I hope they don't even though i've never been.

Wow I cant believe Im saying this but I agree... Me and you rarely see eye to eye on stuff.

jk, i more than always agree with the things you say, though maybe not the other way around? haha

I'm just giving an idea. Especially if they do stick with the whole reunion thing. Which I hope they don't even though i've never been.

ya i gottcha. i think the idea of the reunion will be different than what we'd generally expect. what we have to remember, is simple things like that, is just a basis. "reunion" "arts & crafts" these may not even encompass the entire event, but could be just little tidbits of things being incorporated into this year theme...

being the 20th anniversary of the event, A&D really have an opportunity to pull one over on us, meaning doing something we could have never expected...i'd say never imagined, but i take into consideration the things posted on the forums. they have countless things to use as ideas from the past, but im thinking thats gonna be what it comes down to "ideas." they might sit there thinking, damn this went really well before, now imagine this character in this scenario. they've got a lot to play with, including our minds.

soo, now as we wait...and wait, till we get that first update that will rock the HNN forum, we'll just hold faith that we will have shock and surprise after shock and surprise...

Edited by mrbungle5223

I anticipate all of the mazes will be in the same locations as last year. Also, Family Feud is taping at USF, possibly in 24. I think they're supposed to be done by mid-September though. Someone else might be able to fill in some more details here.

The observation deck does seem like we could see body collectors again but i mean it really could be for anything, and that van parked in the house really reminds me of PSHFTH so maybe that is where jack will be coming in? When i think of the HHN icons i think of the icons from sweet 16 plus bloody marry and Julian so thats 6 icons and we are having 8 houses so hopefully we will at least see 2 original houses this year. I do like jack a lot but Jacks funhouse in clown o vision sucked, he does not work in that, i did not get to go to his sweet 16 house but i hope they will bring back more darker kind of houses lately they have just seemed like more dumdbed down on the dark gory kind of houses, i would love to see another RUN house from sweet 16 something that is more life like that you could imagine happening to you.

The observation deck does seem like we could see body collectors again but i mean it really could be for anything, and that van parked in the house really reminds me of PSHFTH so maybe that is where jack will be coming in? When i think of the HHN icons i think of the icons from sweet 16 plus bloody marry and Julian so thats 6 icons and we are having 8 houses so hopefully we will at least see 2 original houses this year. I do like jack a lot but Jacks funhouse in clown o vision sucked, he does not work in that, i did not get to go to his sweet 16 house but i hope they will bring back more darker kind of houses lately they have just seemed like more dumdbed down on the dark gory kind of houses, i would love to see another RUN house from sweet 16 something that is more life like that you could imagine happening to you.

At sweet 16, Jack's house in which he took over all of the escapee's of a mental ward and turned them into deranged clowns was AWESOME! I would like to see him return in that sort of house.It would be epic if they could take that and crank it up a notch.